Confirmed with Link: Bolland To Leafs For Picks (51st, 117th picks this year and 4th in 2014)

Redbirdgrad

Jun 6, 2011
FANTASTIC trade by Bowman.

Toronto thinks they won, and in value they may have (but not by much), but really what happens here is we have cap room to structure the team the way WE want.

Love you Bolland, and thanks for your service, but this is FANTASTIC for the Hawks.

Nothingman*

Going to miss him. But this is not the Bollie of two years ago. I think Toronto will enjoy h I'm and vice versa.

po

Apr 12, 2011
Not surprised, but I will really miss the guy. I've been a Bolland supporter even during his struggles. He really loves the Blackhawks organization and the city of Chicago so much as if he was born and raised here. I read that he and his wife will be naming their daughter Lincoln. Hopefully Chicago will still be his permanent home even if he is playing for Toronto.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Best of luck to Bolly except in a SCF appearance against the Hawks. So glad he was shipped out of conference and happy for him that it was to his hometown and a team with playoff potential.

Now let's make something out of these picks and cap room.

LandofLincoln*

I like Bolland but I understand trading him. Don't think it was the wrong move, but just wish they could have gotten more.

I bet Stan could have gotten more, but not much more. In the end I think Stan did Bolland the favor to send him home to Toronto.

Stan probably felt bad for having to trade him so he traded him to a place for a smidge less and a place that Bolland would want to play. Stan is alright with me.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Bolly brings less than Brouwer. :laugh: I love it!:nod: Funny how the league values players differently than the posters on the Hawks board.

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Since I'm Chicago/Philadelphia "bilingual,";), I view this as similar to the parting of the ways with Pat Burrell after the Phillies won the World Series in '08. Dave B's final game performance (like Pat B's back in '08) was a nice goodbye... but it's goodbye.

So, to Dave B- thanks for the memories- you've built up a lot of goodwill around these parts- and we wish you success in The Overrated East.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Brokeback Dave. Couldnt stay healthy. I'll miss his quotes. Poor return but that what happens when you deal in desperation. Wish him well. Daves not here.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Yeah really don't think the value was as bad as everyone thinks

That being said I love the guy and I'm thrilled he's coming to Toronto so I can still watch him. I just hope they don't play him in the top six.

These are my feelings exactly.

I'm very appreciative of the effort and tenacity he gave while he was here but his time has come. The injuries have not only taken their toll, his back shows no signs of being able to hold up over an entire season. I hope things work out well for him in Toronto.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Honestly Leafs fan here, Your GM has done this before in trading players after winning a championship and winning again, so you guys in all honesty should not even care what he does.

It's a win-win for both teams, instead of paying grabovski 5.5M to play a spot he isn't use to we get an actual 3rd line center to play there for us, while you guys get cap space and more prospect depth for later on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad