TSN: Bolland to FLA

headwire

Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
My disdain for Bolland is only overshadowed by the conduct of Nonis. When you give up that much, you better cultivate the relationship with the player properly. He failed to do that and it has cost us three future players and a crater in our centre line up.

Holland.. boy.. time to step it up next year. Prove your #15 pick status and take the reigns. Personally I want guys like Holland who are ecstatic to be here. Let's see how he can slot in on the third line.

You think VERY highly of the Leafs amateur scouts if you think that a second round pick and two fourth round picks are all future players.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
My disdain for Bolland is only overshadowed by the conduct of Nonis. When you give up that much, you better cultivate the relationship with the player properly. He failed to do that and it has cost us three future players and a crater in our centre line up.

I find it hard to blame Nonis that much. He couldn't have predicted that Dale Tallon and Bolland's agent would be such lunatics. Under normal circumstances he would have been able to resign him to a reasonable deal.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!

Goodbye Bolland! No ridiculous contract for you here! Trust me people, that contract is a total albatross.

Due to the freak injury to Bolland, Nonis completely wasted those picks. I'm willing to give him a pass on this though for not caving in to his ridiculous demands.

Last edited:

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Well, Jesus.......I'm glad we didn't pay THAT money.

Too bad we wasted those picks there, though. Next time, let's not do that, Leafs.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!

Goodbye Bolland! No ridiculous contract for you here! Trust me people, that contract is a total albatross.

Due to the freak injury to Bolland, Nonis completely wasted those picks. I'm willing to give him a pass on this though for not caving in to his ridiculous demands.

Bolland and injuries go hand-in-hand. How they didn't foresee him asking for a huge contract this year is beyond me.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
****ing piece of **** have fun being irrelevant in florida for the next five years

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Thank you Florida and Leaf fans on HF Leaf site for abusing Clarkson, I imagine Dave and his family can't get out of town fast enough.

Maybe Dave can score more than 4 goals in a season next time, and maybe use his brain and not get suspended for 10 games.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Fantastic news. Really the best I had hoped for today. I like him but I don't think he is worth that money even as an 80 game player. A 3rd line C who is not big and physical or good on faceoffs has to be a consistent scorer to earn big money and not just when he plays with Patrick Kane. He doesn't check any of those boxes. And any player you sign for 5 years has to play more than 50 games a year and Bolland's history says he won't. Too much of a gamble for a club that has a player producing like Clarkson locked in for term. Good luck in Florida though Dave, and I really hope you prove me wrong.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Lol @ panthers.. im soo glad we didn't overpay for a 3rd line C.

Day isn't over yet. Ott is still out there and if the club thought they had to reach out to Bolland, they must think they have a hole to fill.

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
It's not about those we sign but about the ones we don't!!! Great non signing here to restore a little faith.. Clarkson no longer has bolland's contract on his head now

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
FLorida is joke, the team shouldn't even be in the league.

Came here to confirm what I think about Bolland's talent or lack there of and saw this so I need to respond. This team has one of the best young cores in the league and with our new ownership is finally starting to change the reputation around the franchise as being a perrenial deadline seller. We are trying to win by signing proven talent as proven by bringing Luongo back as well as a few other signings we have made. Our fanbase isn't nearly as big as yours, of course. We live in south Florida where it gets to 50 minimum in winter and a very multicultural area. Not a lot of hockey diehards. The loyal fans are here but they are few. Like any sport here, it is a winners market. If you win they show. If not they don't. Unfortunately we haven't won much of anything for a while.

But the team is not a joke. As I said, our core of young players is tops in the league and if they pan out, this team is playoff bound and serious contenders in a year or two.

Back on topic we all hate this signing. Bolland pushes Shore back to the minors and after how he performed last year on a bad and injured team is ridiculously unfair. As far as what I've read about this guy he isn't big, he doesnt win faceoffs, he gets injured a lot and isn't a consistent scorer. That's what we gave up 5.5 for. Horrible signing by Tallon.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 1m
Bolland "Florida was there with the money and Toronto wasn't. I thank the fans and the city of Toronto"

**** you too, Dave. (Bolland, not you Super Dave) :laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
**** you too, Dave. (Bolland, not you Super Dave) :laugh:

:laugh:

Truthfully - i would have had more respect for Bolland flat out saying i want uber money and so i don't think Toronto will give it to me, I enjoyed my time here, rather;

oh I want to retire a Leaf, I love Leaf fans, I love Toronto, it makes more... oh hey money, it's all about the money. Piss off.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
First - let's remember that it took a No-Trade Clause and a bigger offer from Florida to save Nonis from making two massive mistakes the past 24 hours.

Second - Bolland left his home town for the sake of 600k. He can piss right off. Deserves to be booed mercilessly when he comes back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad