TSN: Bolland to FLA

Evil Chris

Oct 7, 2003
Montreal
I don't even laugh about money anymore. Seems every contract is a joke. Every one of them.

Sucks to lose Bolland though.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Jesus I liked Bolland but that's so terrible... just terrible terrible terrible.

SourGrapes

You Kids Out There
Dec 30, 2013
Mimico
Damn, at $4 million I would've loved to have him. $5.5 is a stupid amount to pay for a third line centre, though. Glad we didn't give him money, good choice Nonis!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 1m
Bolland "Florida was there with the money and Toronto wasn't. I thank the fans and the city of Toronto"

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Leafs fans should be asking for retweets " hey dave, give me a retweet if your in it for the money"

masarume

Aug 6, 2007
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 1m
Bolland "Florida was there with the money and Toronto wasn't. I thank the fans and the city of Toronto"

I have more rage at Nonis than Bolland. He followed the money - hard to blame him. Not like Florida is a horrible place to live either.

But to the fans defending Nonis for making that trade for Bolland, :shakehead

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
It's always about the money. Strangely though someone did a study a few years back and it seemed American born players were more willing to give home town discounts than Canadian born players. Though they also said Canadian born players were more likely to give discounts to American teams that drafted them.

Always exceptions like Crosby.

dsf

Dec 7, 2009
Brampton
Bolland knows the effect he could have on this team when healthy and he chased the money. You know what's important to him and that's fine. Zero competitive drive displayed by going to Florida. Good riddance, see you later.

SourGrapes

You Kids Out There
Dec 30, 2013
Mimico
You know what, I'm glad we didn't sign him. If this really is just a business for you, if you aren't completely dedicated to bringing a Stanley Cup to Toronto, then you shouldn't get to wear the sweater. Say what you will about Clarkson, but he was willing to give a hometown discount to the Leafs. If you don't want to be here, if you are prepared to leave for half a million more, then we don't want to have you.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
You know what, I'm glad we didn't sign him. If this really is just a business for you, if you aren't completely dedicated to bringing a Stanley Cup to Toronto, then you shouldn't get to wear the sweater. Say what you will about Clarkson, but he was willing to give a hometown discount to the Leafs. If you don't want to be here, if you are prepared to leave for half a million more, then we don't want to have you.

Actually it's more. Florida doesn't have state income tax so he'll save even more. But I get what you're saying.

dsf

Dec 7, 2009
Brampton
My disdain for Bolland is only overshadowed by the conduct of Nonis. When you give up that much, you better cultivate the relationship with the player properly. He failed to do that and it has cost us three future players and a crater in our centre line up.

Holland.. boy.. time to step it up next year. Prove your #15 pick status and take the reigns. Personally I want guys like Holland who are ecstatic to be here. Let's see how he can slot in on the third line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad