TSN: Bolland to FLA

BooRadley

Aug 7, 2007
I think Bolland was scared to sign here if he didn't live up to his contract (see Clarkson). In Florida he can be forgotten easily, here I'm Toronto he will hear about it everyday. Just my opinion.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I am shocked that a player who had missed 80% of last season with an achilles tear, and is one of the most injury prone players gets 5 million for 5 years.... WTF is with Tallon? The guy may miss a majority of his games under contract. Glad it was florida and not us.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
I don't like to disagree with DO but Clarkson most DEFINITELY has one of the worst contracts in the history of the sport.

Given it's in a cap era, buyout proof, 7 years, and his production will be so poor, he may never score 50 goals TOTAL as a Leaf.

And how was Gomez's contract worse? It was 5 years and go check his stats the first 3 years. Around 60 points each year. Plus it wasn't buyout proof.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I don't like to disagree with DO but Clarkson most DEFINITELY has one of the worst contracts in the history of the sport.

Given it's in a cap era, buyout proof, 7 years, and his production will be so poor, he may never score 50 goals TOTAL as a Leaf.

And how was Gomez's contract worse? It was 5 years and go check his stats the first 3 years. Around 60 points each year. Plus it wasn't buyout proof.

You're saying this after year 1...of a 7 year contract

I also like how you know his production will be so poor for the duration of his contract.

:facepalm:

Tyler Biggs*

So Bolland for $5.5M or Booth, Kontiola, Santorelli, Holland, Frattin and Ashton for a combined $6M. I think the latter wins every single time.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
02.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad