Rumor: Bolland Seeking Seven or Eight Year Term

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
It's the reason I don't post here much anymore. Anything new is Sidney Crosby until the reality sets in they are not Sid. I am just waiting for the Clarkson, Holland etc etc bubbles to burst and turn into the black hole threads that revolved around Grabo.

Pretty much .

Biggs was the next Lucic , JC was the next Thornton , Gardiner was the next Neids , Schenn was the next Foote .

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Would it have been better if he hadn't been injured and played all year?

To me it's worse to re-sign a guy just so he won't be a lost asset. You sign them if they are in your plans.

If bolland wasn't injured it would be great not only because we get to use his versatility for 50more games but we would have saved a 2nd, 7th and blacker in the process. (Not saying holland sucks or I love draft picks, just stating the facts).

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If bolland wasn't injured it would be great not only because we get to use his versatility for 50more games but we would have saved a 2nd, 7th and blacker in the process. (Not saying holland sucks or I love draft picks, just stating the facts).

Injuries happen, not much you can do about it.
Holland is still a controllable asset, not a throw away pickup.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
You mean as outrageous as Clarkson getting what he got on the open market?

How about Weiss?

You think EDM would be interested in his leadership , past pedigree and style to play with their young team?

You seriously under value what will be the 2nd most desired C this coming UFA season.

If he's so desirable than why are we would let him walk? You're making zero sense to me.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
As much as I want the Leafs to keep on going for it. Nothings worse then recycling UFAs with our picks.

I'd probably move Kulemin. This is only after I'd have a sit down with him/agent and he says he is likely to test the market or ask for 2nd line money.

Same for Bolland.

I would like to reiterate that if you want to win here, we all have to sacrifice. Clarkson was a bad move, but shouldn't set a president. Bozak is playing 1st line and is paid cheap to that standard. Bolland deserves 3mil and not a penny more. He is a great 3rd liner - that's it.

That being said, I am not a grumbling fan that wants us to sell sell sell. We need to find a middle ground, because I don't want to rinse and repeat these years over and over again....and be content with 'getting by'

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Or maybe the 2nd rd mystery box turns into a Lucic-Krejci-Bergeron .

Yeah because that's what mid to late 2nd rounders usually turn into.

save those late 6ths too, they often become Datsyuk!

picking cherries all day long

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
As much as I want the Leafs to keep on going for it. Nothings worse then recycling UFAs with our picks.

I'd probably move Kulemin. This is only after I'd have a sit down with him/agent and he says he is likely to test the market or ask for 2nd line money.

Same for Bolland.

I would like to reiterate that if you want to win here, we all have to sacrifice. Clarkson was a bad move, but shouldn't set a president. Bozak is playing 1st line and is paid cheap to that standard. Bolland deserves 3mil and not a penny more. He is a great 3rd liner - that's it.

That being said, I am not a grumbling fan that wants us to sell sell sell. We need to find a middle ground, because I don't want to rinse and repeat these years over and over again....and be content with 'getting by'

Well said but the problem remains that the Clarkson contract did set a precedent along with our two leaders ( Phaneuf-Kessel ) who didn't take a discount to stay here . Even Bozak shopped himself around before he re-signed .

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Is it a personal attack to say you're fibbing?

I never said Kessel wouldn't turn out to be a quality player . I said many times i'd rather have kept the picks .

I don't need you making up lies about what I've said in the past and considering you've been a member for less than a year i have no idea how you'd even know what i said at the time of the deal .

doorman

Nov 8, 2012
Thunder Bay
Well said but the problem remains that the Clarkson contract did set a precedent along with our two leaders ( Phaneuf-Kessel ) who didn't take a discount to stay here . Even Bozak shopped himself around before he re-signed .

I think Kessel could've got more on the open market, especially if he ends up crack 40G-90+pts this season. being only 26 he would be the best young scorer to hit UFA had he not signed.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Yeah because that's what mid to late 2nd rounders usually turn into.

save those late 6ths too, they often become Datsyuk!

picking cherries all day long

They have as much chance of turning into them as Holland does and that was my point .

Delicious Dangles*

Actually, Phaneuf and Kessel DID both take discounts. Both could have got more on the open market.

Even if they didn't, there is no proof that it has anything to do with the Clarkson contract. They are not even comparables.

If anything, it would be due to the fact that they are elite players in their position and this is their prime contract. Not to mention we aren't a team with a well-established cup contender status at the moment.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I think Kessel could've got more on the open market, especially if he ends up crack 40G-90+pts this season. being only 26 he would be the best young scorer to hit UFA had he not signed.

He may have gotten slightly more but over 7 years not the 8 he got here .

Delicious Dangles*

They have as much chance of turning into them as Holland does and that was my point .
Actually Holland has already accomplished more than the average 2nd round pick, so no, Holland has a significantly bigger chance of becoming something.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

Same for Bolland.

Actually, Phaneuf and Kessel DID both take discounts. Both could have got more on the open market.

Even if they didn't, there is no proof that it has anything to do with the Clarkson contract. They are not even comparables.

If anything, it would be due to the fact that they are elite players in their position and this is their prime contract. Not to mention we aren't a team with a well-established cup contender status at the moment.

This is the point in D-Boys post i replied to . I'm not saying any of these players should take a discount to stay here , i'm simply saying no one has at this time .

Trainspotter

May 28, 2013
I never said Kessel wouldn't turn out to be a quality player . I said many times i'd rather have kept the picks .

I don't need you making up lies about what I've said in the past and considering you've been a member for less than a year i have no idea how you'd even know what i said at the time of the deal .

"...teams just don't trade young quality players for no reason . The fact that (Kessel) was available should have sent up a red flag ."

"The Kessel trade isn't some slight miscalculation . It was a huge gamble that has back fired in the worst possible way ."

"I'd trade Kessel for (Chris) Stewart".

-- hotpaws

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad