Rumor: Bolland Seeking Seven or Eight Year Term

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
wat bolland.

Maybe he doesn't actually like it here and is intentionally pricing his way out. Hasn't he gotten statistically worse since signing his last contract?

Good thing we've discovered Kulemin can play 3C. We also have Holland. I really like Bolland but I'm not one the people that'd be hugely hurt if we lost him.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
WTF, hell no.

4M per for 4 years or 5 years is what i want him to sign for...anything more isn't worth it for what he brings. we're already *****ing about clarkson, now if bolland signs this, he's next.

mimico boys are just looking to cash in...

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I'm a huge Dave Bolland fan, but getting that kind of money doesn't seem like he fits in with the Leafs plans.

I've brought this up before, but Dave Bolland has never played a full season. He's got close once or twice, but on he's never completed a full season.

Based on that fact, you have to also sign another forward that is capable of filling in 30 games throughout the season without a significant drop off.

I would be fine with a $4.25mill per year on a short contract, but that's the most that I would go.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I really, really like Bolland but I think this is absolutely insane.

I don't understand why 2nd and 3rd line grinders are asking for the stars these days...Ryan Callahan wants a 7-8 year term as well and over 6M. Absolute insanity with these guys.

I blame the 2011 free agency class, that Leino contract truly ****ed over free agency altogether.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Ridiculous. As a said before, players take advantage of the leafs surplus of money. Bolland would never ask the hawks for a 7 year term but he'll ask the leafs for it because no one takes a pay cut to play here

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
4 years at 4 million per. Anything else keep him for a playoff run and let him walk. We didn't give up a whole lot to get him. The 51st overall pick will sting a little, but cut your losses and save the cap space. Kadri needs a new deal next year.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
I'm a huge Dave Bolland fan, but getting that kind of money doesn't seem like he fits in with the Leafs plans.

I've brought this up before, but Dave Bolland has never played a full season. He's got close once or twice, but on he's never completed a full season.

Based on that fact, you have to also sign another forward that is capable of filling in 30 games throughout the season without a significant drop off.

I would be fine with a $4.25mill per year on a short contract, but that's the most that I would go.

That would still be pretty substantial for a player that hasn't played a full season ever, and is much more of a high end 3C than a 2C.

If Bolland wants 7 years, he can try to find it on the open market.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
wat bolland.

Maybe he doesn't actually like it here and is intentionally pricing his way out. Hasn't he gotten statistically worse since signing his last contract?

Good thing we've discovered Kulemin can play 3C. We also have Holland. I really like Bolland but I'm not one the people that'd be hugely hurt if we lost him.

Bolland has 2 Stanley Cup rings.. Heck he even scored the GWG in the series. So he knows what it takes.

Perhaps he is basing his demands on past experience on winning and either thinks the Leafs are still a long way off so a long term deal is required, or as you say Bolland thinks the grass is greener elsewhere.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
The guys body has been breaking down year after year. He was great in his prime but has been steadily becoming less effective by the year.

I can barely stomach 4x4 knowing his injury history and how it has affected his mobility. 7 years is a complete joke.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
This is the reason the Clarkson deal will **** us until the end of time. How does Nonis tell Bolland (who is a better player than Clarkson) "sorry Dave, you just aren't worth that deal"?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I posted this elsewhere, but it is useful here too.

Bolland played 15 games for us... that's it. Pretty hard to say he is a critical part of our future, and success, particularly when our pre-Olympic record was 11-2-1.

He's had a serious injury, and may never fully recover from it. He is such a valuable player, that Chicago had him on the 4th line, and gave up on him for the 51st, 117th in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft and a fourth rounder in the 2014 Draft. Heart and Soul local boy, sure, whatever...

Over the last few years he's played 39/82 games, 61/82 games, 76/82 games, 35/48 games, 15/60 games.

Chicago traded him, because he was marginally useful for them at his current cap hit, oft injured, and knew he would be asking more than they would pay him, for his value. Chicago didn't think that he was a key to winning the cup, and traded him for a few lower picks.

I get wanting to win now, but I'd rather try and get Statsny at $6.5 million, than Bolland at $5 million.

He is just not worth $5 million in this cap era, not at about .5ppg average over the last few seasons... +- (not an exact calculation), when he misses a ton of games, and we've adjusted and done well without him. He is basically an unknown as to what you are going to get with him, post-injury.

I'd say keep him, but he isn't getting anywhere near $5 million unless he set's the world on fire on our way to the Stanley Cup finals.

Frankly I think 2-3 years at $4 million is my max... particularly when you've got Holland improving, and then Gauthier probably ready in 3 years to join the team.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Have none of you guys ever heard of negotiating tactics? Start high and negotiate down to something you are happy with.

Strategy

Sep 8, 2013
lol... no one in the open market will even give him that.

Especially since he might come back and be half the player he was

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Calm down folks......its called a negotiation. Remember when Kadri wanted 6x6? True, Kadri was an RFA and we had the leverage, but the leverage here is that Bolland isnt as critical to our teams offense and hes an injury liability.

If he gets signed its not for more then 4.5mx5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00