The Columbus Dispatch: Boll buy out

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So which GM traded Horton for Clarkson? :)

IF we're lucky that trade is actually going to save us from the Horton fiasco...

Not wishing LTIR on Clarkson, but its not like his family is going to be on the streets or anything if hes not playing. Hes going to be making more in a year sitting at home watching games than most people make in their lifetimes.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Probably as mentioned, it'll save the owners a bit of cash. I cant think they're thrilled at all for being near the top of the cap and picking in the lottery, so if he's not going to be playing, they probably want any money they can get back

It also saves the owners a bit of cash in the future too, as it eats the cap space that they can't pay for...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Dubois at 2nd line center in his first year? Reminds me of the bad old days

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Prior to his last contract I made the comment we would never be very good if Jared Boll was a forward on the big club. I simply meant that he wasn't a very good hockey player, & if he wasn't bumped we wouldn't have developed our farm system enough.

Looks like we are nearing that position 3 years later. I still remember getting blistered for that comment by some lady that loved Jared Boll. Not too many hockey fans, but a lady that said she was in love with him. Hopefully that worked out for them.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Dubois at 2nd line center in his first year? Reminds me of the bad old days

The only way that happens is if he DOMINATES camp, which isnt impossible, but not very likely, at all. Personally i'm hoping he plays well enough to earn a bottom 6 role(preferably 3rd line)

Our bottom 6 would look pretty damn good IMO (if hes capable of playing in the NHL)

Hartnell-PLD-Foligno
Calvert-Karlsson-Anderson

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Not sure I understand the move for *this* year. Bury him in Cleveland and save ~$950k in cap space. Buy him out, save $1.1m this year (it's a hit of $566 next year). So this move barely saves more cap space than putting him in Cleveland for the final year. Of course, maybe they didn't want Boll AND Gallant on the farm...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
:nod::handclap:

And for those who will say he got a raw deal I'm guessing they discussed this with him and he chose this over riding a bus with the Monsters. That would be tough.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I feel this greatly increased Josh Anderson's chance to make the team.

There was no way in hell Torts was going to play Boll over Anderson. That was a done deal, it was just a matter of figuring out what to do with Boll's contract.

Jarmo was on NHL Tonight yesterday. They asked him who could be up from Lake Erie and he mentioned four players.

Werenski
Bjorkstrand
Anderson
Sedlak

These are the exact 4 I mentioned when we polled on who would be the rookies next year. And of course I forgot Forsbisalo, and maybe so did Jarmo.

3 of them are locks, and Sedlak probably too. We'd have to run him through waivers so my guess is he stays at least for a while.

Saad-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Hartnell-Karlsson-Foligno
Calvert-Sedlak-Anderson

Figuring out what to do with 3C is the last thing on my mind for the summer. We need either
1) Karlsson to vastly improve
2) Dubois to be more ready than expected (he's better than Bergeron was at the end of his draft year, and he made an impact right away, let's see how Dubois' summer goes).
3) or Jenner to slide over.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We should have a Boll tribute thread too.

That way it won't be polluted by all the Boll sucks talk which we (and me) will put here.

Tyutin was given the big contract because he was a solid #2/3 defender for a long time for us. He regressed earlier than expected but it's understandable how things went. It is not understandable how the hell Boll got that much $$ out of Jarmo. He was useless the day he signed it and most of us said so on these boards.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Boller I hope you retire. Take your last million and start a fishing business or something so you don't have to get paid for taking punches to the head anymore. After reading yet another story about a severely brain damaged former fighter, I want Boll to get out while he still has some brain cells left.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
The problem is, the damage is already done, its just preventing more damage. The people who always make the strongest argument for fighting dont seem to care much about what's happened to these guys later in life. Bare knuckle brawling, regardless of why you believe it should be around, is extremely damaging, add ontop of that, uncontrolled falls to the ice and its just a bad idea all around. Unfortunately the league has kept the debate alive by not punishing cheap shots or stick work that fuel the need to have fighting.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
I'm ****ed up:amazed:

Mr McConnell, please, stop this meat - chopper... another old soldier :amazed:

Chris-Neil-640x431.jpg

#CBJ Jared Boll: "I gave everything I had to this city. I love this city more than any one. I get it. I know the business. But, it's hard to sit here, with all these memories. I wish the fans there -- all of them -- nothing but the best. I hope #CBJ bring the Cup to this city, because the fans deserve it. I wouldn't change a single day I spent as a Blue Jacket. I just wish we won more."

jared-boll.jpg

not easy Day... Tyutin, Boll are old true Jackets. Jackets of my heart, here You stay undefeated.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad