The Columbus Dispatch: Boll buy out

bizzz*

So Jarmo buys out contract that he gave just 2 years ago? Would be interesting to hear his comments on that.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
That would surprise me. Would make more sense to bury him in minors and ride out his contract it would appear?
Maybe CBJ just realized he can't play well enough and they don't want him around prospects.
Again I'm not against the move, just financially not sure how it helps?

bizzz*

That would surprise me. Would make more sense to bury him in minors and ride out his contract it would appear?
Maybe CBJ just realized he can't play well enough and they don't want him around prospects.
Again I'm not against the move, just financially not sure how it helps?
Buy-out would be cheaper for the owners. Saves around $600k for them.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
I feel this greatly increased Josh Anderson's chance to make the team.

We're growing closer to that Calvert-Karlsson-Anderson 4th line. Get hype, y'all.

Skraut, the last of Jackets in your videos (and the last MacLean player) is now gone.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There's a part of me that feels some sort of sentimental loss with the idea of parting ways with the #1 and #2 longest tenured Blue Jackets within days of eachother.

But, meh, I'll get over it soon enough.

Seriously, after this, the folks with seniority are Atkinson, Calvert, and Goloubef. Crazy.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
There's a part of me that feels some sort of sentimental loss with the idea of parting ways with the #1 and #2 longest tenured Blue Jackets within days of eachother.

But, meh, I'll get over it soon enough.

Seriously, after this, the folks with seniority are Atkinson, Calvert, and Goloubef. Crazy.
Is this the first time we've had players we've drafted as the "senior" players leading the way? More so Atkinson and Calvert as Golo and Boll really havent stuck on the roster enough.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
So Jarmo buys out contract that he gave just 2 years ago? Would be interesting to hear his comments on that.

Good GM's admit when they mistakes and fix them. Bad GM's don't and let that mistake continue to hurt their team, because they don't want to admit they are wrong.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Is this the first time we've had players we've drafted as the "senior" players leading the way? More so Atkinson and Calvert as Golo and Boll really havent stuck on the roster enough.

No, Nash was drafted and was the senior person on the team for awhile. Boll was on the roster enough over the years to also be counted.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Good GM's admit when they mistakes and fix them. Bad GM's don't and let that mistake continue to hurt their team, because they don't want to admit they are wrong.

Yep. Jarmo's contracts have been getting better. Boll was lucky to be one of the first ones he negotiated. That said, with the physical punishment Boll has taken over the years, I'm completely fine that he got a 'bonus year' in that contract and he'll get a small golden parachute to send him on his way.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I feel this greatly increased Josh Anderson's chance to make the team.

We're growing closer to that Calvert-Karlsson-Anderson 4th line. Get hype, y'all.

Skraut, the last of Jackets in your videos (and the last MacLean player) is now gone.

Jarmo was on NHL Tonight yesterday. They asked him who could be up from Lake Erie and he mentioned four players.

Werenski
Bjorkstrand
Anderson
Sedlak

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Jarmo was on NHL Tonight yesterday. They asked him who could be up from Lake Erie and he mentioned four players.

Werenski
Bjorkstrand
Anderson
Sedlak

Interesting, no goalies mentioned. I've maintained that they CMac will start the year with the Jackets and then they will see what happens with the Forsberg/Korpi duo in LEM and Bob's groin up here. I stand by that assertion.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Werenski
Bjorkstrand
Anderson
Sedlak

Im really hoping Sedlak is real. By that i mean I hope hes really figured it out and didnt just get hot for a few months and then be stuck in the AHL. I'm not getting my hopes up but it would be a nice little suprise.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Interesting, no goalies mentioned. I've maintained that they CMac will start the year with the Jackets and then they will see what happens with the Forsberg/Korpi duo in LEM and Bob's groin up here. I stand by that assertion.

Bob HAS to be rotated this season or we're gonna be in the same spot we were in last season.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

He may have mentioned them, but I don't remember it.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006

Boll was a MacLean draft pick in 2005, 4th round, just one round after Kris Russell.

Im really hoping Sedlak is real. By that i mean I hope hes really figured it out and didnt just get hot for a few months and then be stuck in the AHL. I'm not getting my hopes up but it would be a nice little suprise.

Here's hoping for

Saad-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Hartnell-Karlsson-Foligno
Calvert-Sedlak-Anderson

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Boll was a MacLean draft pick in 2005, 4th round, just one round after Kris Russell.

Here's hoping for

Saad-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Hartnell-Karlsson-Foligno
Calvert-Sedlak-Anderson

I just meant players who were a lock to be on the roster and lead on the ice with their play, not getting people jacked up by fighting. Idk how they are in the locker room but Atkinson and Calvert are definitely "carry the flag" kinda guys on the ice. Like Boone they lead with their play on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad