Bold prediction thread for 19-20 season

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Casey Mittelstadt grows a beard.

Casey Mittelstadt rocks a man bun

macaulay-culkin-closeup.jpg

(do the Casey = Macaulay comparisons qualify as dad/old man jokes?)

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Yes, changes have been made. Ralph seems like a solid coach. But I do not see enough change or improvement yet to think we will be in the playoff race. Perhaps Ullmark steps it up, perhaps the D are world beaters and make up for a poor bottom 6, perhaps Botts can still acquire a top 6F or 2C but for now...

84 Pts.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Suppose the Sabres outperform expectations and are sitting in a playoff spot as the trade deadline approaches. Larsson and Girgensons are both being talked about as Selke candidates. Vesey and Sheary are 20 goal scorers. Even Scott Wilson and Vladimir Sobotka have teams inquiring about their availability. Bogosian, Scandella, and Nelson are also pending UFA's. What do you do? Trade them for picks before they can walk in the Summer and knock yourself out of the playoffs? Try to re-sign some before the deadline? Hang onto them all?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Suppose the Sabres outperform expectations and are sitting in a playoff spot as the trade deadline approaches. Larsson and Girgensons are both being talked about as Selke candidates. Vesey and Sheary are 20 goal scorers. Even Scott Wilson and Vladimir Sobotka have teams inquiring about their availability. Bogosian, Scandella, and Nelson are also pending UFA's. What do you do? Trade them for picks before they can walk in the Summer and knock yourself out of the playoffs? Try to re-sign some before the deadline? Hang onto them all?

Improve your playoff chances by trading Bogosian & Scandella to teams that are overly desperate for "veteran D depth" and play the kids.

:sarcasm:

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Marco and vlad get scratched/hurt early, the team performs better, Marco and vlad are re-inserted into the lineup

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I mean, I think we see an overall improvement (about 90% of it coming from Dahlin being incredible), but poor goaltending and secondary scoring issues (and Skinner likely regressing back to his normal 30-ish goal form) doom us.

My predictions:

Dahlin gets 50+ pts
Eichel continues at greater than a PPG pace.
Olofsson gets 25+ goals
Skinner gets 30-ish goals
The Johanssen at center experiment lasts less than 10 games
The underlying numbers overall are better (due to an improved defense) but the results only uptick a little (we finish with anywhere between 80-90 points)

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I mean, I think we see an overall improvement (about 90% of it coming from Dahlin being incredible), but poor goaltending and secondary scoring issues (and Skinner likely regressing back to his normal 30-ish goal form) doom us.

My predictions:

Dahlin gets 50+ pts
Eichel continues at greater than a PPG pace.
Olofsson gets 25+ goals
Skinner gets 30-ish goals
The Johanssen at center experiment lasts less than 10 games
The underlying numbers overall are better (due to an improved defense) but the results only uptick a little (we finish with anywhere between 80-90 points)
If Skinner plays away from both Eichel and Reinhart then we can't talk about regression.

Reactions: kundahlini

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Slightly bold prediction, Olofsson pots 30, and becomes our number one shooter on the pp.

Bolder, Reinhart breaks 70 points and we collectively cringe at the ensuing contract.

Boldest, Dahlin takes la leap, breaks 60 points, and becomes Neo on ice, stopping bullets and flexing on the whole league.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
It seems like everyone has high expectations for VO so my 50 point prediction no longer feels as bold.

New bold prediction: Dahlin eclipses 60 points

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Ah yes, the excuses are already starting

Maybe we shouldn't have given him 9.5 million dollars if he needs an elite center to put up elite numbers?
1) Not an excuse, just explaining how point totals work
2) He's not getting 9.5 million dollars
3) Since when is Reinhart a center?

I could go on but I feel like it would be pointless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad