Bold prediction thread for 19-20 season

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The Nashville Predator will be fined $5 million and forfeit two first, and two second round picks when an investigation reveals they have been conducting a sophisticated disinformation campaign to seed the league with incompetent coaches and general managers. The Buffalo Sabres and Minnesota Wild will be awarded the forfeited draft picks as compensation.
According to sources with knowledge of the investigation, team employees received secret bonuses to praise the incompetent individuals and forge documents to credit them with others achievements.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
If we play with grit and are accountable and honorable to eacj other we should see the entire year as a continuation of us at the halfway point last year... and in my best southern urban cowboy drawl " ... and all that that implies... " . The sabres will be just fine this year after Joe Boo is done and even if this is the lineup (which i doubt) , it can be fixed for a run at the deadline if the youth doesnt step up again and take whats theirs. Should be a fun full longer year.

Last edited:

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
okposo gets a look with eichel at the beginning of the season and stays there, 55 points (25 Goals)

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
If we play with grit and are accountable and honorable to eacj other we should see the entire year as a continuation of us at the halfway point last year... and in my best southern urban cowboy drawl " ... and all that that implies... " . The sabres will be just fine this year after Joe Boo is done and even if this is the lineup (which i doubt) , it can be fixed for a run at the deadline if the youth doesnt step up again and take whats theirs. Should be a fun full longer year.

where are you finding this grit?

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
where are you finding this grit?
I can dream we sign maroon or similar and McCabe was taught to kill privately by pegula cia handlers .. they trade risto for thachuck or similar tough scorer .. mitts has sand and secretly took boxing and elbowing lessons from jack instructor mcsorley .. I don’t know exactly

... but having berglund they did well enough before league pushed back and we didn’t and many soiled their young pants.. and now following a system they believe gives me the feeling they don’t tank this year... I trust Botts that he sees what we did and set out to fix it... maybe I’m just a homer but I do feel it..

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Risto is traded for scraps, his new team is in last place until after new years, but then goes on to win the cup. He wins the norris and conn smythe.

Eichel scores 85-90 points but falls to 30th overall in league wide scoring

Skinner scores 29 goals.

Dahlin plays 25+ minutes a night and scores 65 points but has a plus/minus of -45 which is league worst.

On the bright side Mittlestadt scores 35 points.

The Sabres end up drafing 8th after being leap frogged by 3 teams in the Lotto.

Girgs and Larry double their point production from last season. That's 36 for girgs and 28 for larry. Local media still can't understand why they were resigned.

Bogo stays healthy for the entire season, and has his worst season of his career leading the league in give aways.

Okposo also stays healthy the entire season and leads the entire forward core in ice time at even strength and on the PP, playing on the first line with eichel and skinner and PP1. He puts up 25 points on the season.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
Olofsson scores 25 goals/60 pts.

Dahlin establishes himself as a top 10 defender in the league and scores 55 pts.

CJ Smith makes the team out of camp but is soon supplanted by J.S. Dea, who proves himself as an effective 4th line player.

Reinhart scores 30 goals/75 pts. Plays wing all year.

Jokiharju spends half the year in Rochester. Gets his shot when the injury bug hits and plays sound defensively and remains a regular. At some point Ristolainen is traded and Bogosian is injured as per always.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
The Sabres do well but just barely miss the playoffs because the division is stacked.

Jason Botterill doesn't get fired, because let's face it he won't be unless they find another way to let us down this year.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Not a bold prediction but the analytics projections have us remaining bottom 5ish.

Of course that's with many unknowns like the rookies and who knows who will actually be on the roster. Although the athletics most recent projection of 74 points is with sobotka not even on the team

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Not a bold prediction but the analytics projections have us remaining bottom 5ish.

Of course that's with many unknowns like the rookies and who knows who will actually be on the roster. Although the athletics most recent projection of 74 points is with sobotka not even on the team
Do you know the history of said analytics the past seasons of all teams and how it played out?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Do you know the history of said analytics the past seasons of all teams and how it played out?
upload_2019-8-8_13-57-59.png

upload_2019-8-8_13-59-7.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad