Bold prediction thread for 19-20 season

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
bold prediction for myself: I become a mittelstadt truther and only post about how he is bad now because he smokes loud and doesn't lift

i'm joking, of course. the joke being that mittelstadt wasn't good to begin with so it doesn't matter if he's gone off that lound

coastal

Jun 22, 2016
Bold: Kim Pegula fixes the wine pours and gets an Ilio DiPaolos food stand in the .300 level.

Not so bold: injury problems kill the season before it’s even rolling.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Bold positive predictions: VO pots 25 playing next to Eichel, Sheary unexpectedly rebounds and provides quality depth scoring, Risto doesn't get traded but plays better in fewer minutes.

Bold negative prediction: Sabres finish in the bottom 10 again, putting Botts on the hot seat

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
OK, I'm in.
  • Risto will be on this team in January and in the top 4.
  • Mittelstadt will have over 60 points
  • Thompson will score 20 goals
  • The goal-tending will fall off around december right around UPL's recovery from surgery and he will be splitting starts with one of Ullmark or Hutton in the second half.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
We're winning the Cup. Everything else is just filler.
Damn, you beat me to it!

The reason for the Sabres' Stanley Cup win, among others, will be as follows:
Krueger starts dressing as his evil twin and goes undercover, trying to scare opposing star players the night before gameday. The league finds out and only allows dressing up during actual games on the bench. Dunleavy will become his sidekick in the press area. It will be known as the Dunleavy-Krueger-Effekt, and will be copied league-wide.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Risto remains a Sabre, finally has help and depth, hits 50+ points, is a +25 and is starting to look like a 1RD as Dahlins partner.

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
Nylander will win the Calder Trophy.
Ristolainen will recieve votes for the Norris.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Jake McCabe has under 20 points, but is our best defensive defenseman. And he's happy with it.
After the final Laffs game here in Buffalo, resulting in a season sweep of the Laffs, some idiot Tranna fans steal the Tim Horton statue. Then post on fb about it claiming it should have been theirs all along. Morons include faces in pics. Sabres fans ask, "We had a statue for the donut guy?"
Jokiharju plays half the season in the AHL. Puts up great metrics in the NHL and fans ask why he wasn't here all year.
Paul Hamilton ISN'T a moron for exactly one press conference.
This is RJ's last year since the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train.
Sabres finish 11th last. Claim a moral victory to the season.
Ristolainen traded at the deadline for draft pick and a minor leaguer. Neither turns out to be much.

Last edited:

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Tage comes up and stays at some point in the season

Montour struggles

Playoff contention until late March

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Positive: Sabres finish 500 a small improvement from last season

Negative: We miss the playoffs again and the cancer in the locker room spreads throughout all of Buffalo as despair and depravity run rampant.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
The Sabres give up the most goals in the NHL and finish 3rd from the bottom of the league.

Next off-season sees an upheaval on the roster.

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
Risto, with modification of his usage, has a great year, forcing biased, self-serving analysis to a new level in our little slice of hockey heaven.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
The Sabres win the Cup.

It’s the perfect prediction. If I’m right, I’m Nostradamus.

If I’m wrong, it’s such an epically poor prediction that it will go unnoticed.

Win-win!

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
Positive:
Sabres goaltending stats are top 15 in the league.

Negative:
We all end up wanting Vesey benched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad