Bold prediction thread for 19-20 season

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
CloseEncounters_137Pyxurz.jpg

Risto's analytical models, five years in the making, are destroyed when his usage and pairings are amended (as a member of the Sabres), throwing the stathletes into a spiral, with half of them questioning their own existence and the other half doubling down in their efforts to discredit the improvement.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Optimistic me:

Eichel gets 100 Pts
Skinner gets 40 goals
Reinhart gets 80 pts
Dahlin gets 60 pts
We make the playoffs

The Buffalo fan in me:

Tank thread is up by late November
We finish bottom 5
Eichel and Dahlin get season ending injuries in October

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Taro Tsujimoto finally comes over and leads Buffalo to the post-season, setting multiple records along the way (highest scoring Japanese player and highest scoring fictional player in league history). In the playoffs, Taro scores 2 points per game en route to a Leafs sweep. The U.S. is forced to increase security at the border to stop angry Ontarians from rioting in Buffalo. In the aftermath, Matthews goes full Hasek and demands to be traded to the Sabres for a nominal return, with the Leafs retaining salary. The Sabres then go on to become the first cap era dynasty.

Hold me to this one, guys.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Some great posts in here.
The best part is, that i believe some of those bold statements will come true, Murphys Law, or some bullshit i can't recall now.

I still believe in the Cinderella story, maybe Buffalo can finish off what Vegas couldn't do.

I know this sounds crazy, but i believe this team is on the verge of a breakout, and in this random league anything's possible.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Of course not. This is the year Kevin Sundher gets his chance and grabs the 2C role.

At least he isn’t KarabacekDome, or HurleyDome, or god help me, GragnaniDome.

I respect the other choices.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Jason Botterill shows up for camp looking like a new man and becomes the spokesman for Skull Reshaping. Commercials will run several times every game. Botts will do for big heads what Brian Campbell did for excessive sweating.

Yo those hyperhydrosis ads were gold. I mean, I remember the name of the friggin condition thanks to Soupy. Feel like they should just go completely bonkers are have Charlie Kelly be their next spokesman.

Reactions: jBuds

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Eichel scores 90 points
Skinner 35+ goals
Risto scores 40+ points and has a +/- at -5 or better
Vesey+Sheary combine for 35-40 goals
Dahlin scores 55 points
Olofsson hits 20 goals and/or 40 points

Ad

Upcoming events