Bold prediction thread for 19-20 season

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I promise I will bump this after the season is over.

I’ll start:

Positive:
Olofsson pots 25+25 (50 points) and becomes a staple on PP1

Negative:
Skinner pots less than 30.

Your turn.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
- Somebody will have a double digit positive plus/minus for the season

- We will have less than 5 fights for the season

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Positive:
Sabres make the playoffs.
Eichel is Top 10 in scoring.
Mittelstadt gets 50+ points.
We trade for a Top 6 at the deadline.
Okposo does not finish the season as a Sabres

Negatives:
Sabres don’t win every game.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The Sabres will make another 2 trades before the season starts, and one will include a 2C.
Dahlin will indeed receive Norris votes.
Eichel will lead the team in goals scored.
Olofsson will start slow, but have a very strong 2nd half.

The Sabres will have a middle-of-the-pack start, but come together around Decemeber-January, and win a wildcard berth to the playoffs.
The Sabres will upset their first round opponent, Toronto, before losing in the 2nd round, to Tampa Bay.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I honestly don't expect anything regarding this team that would be considered "bold". Maybe Eichel only has a marginal increase, if any, in points (I've seen some people pegging him for 90+) but cleans up his two-way game considerably. He made some noticeable strides this past season in his overall effort level and in his checking detail but still had awful games.

Last edited:

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Colin Miller has a Pysyk-like experience here; he puts up some nice analytics in a limited role, but is also a healthy scratch multiple times, and becomes the most divisive player among the fanbase by the end of the year.

Not so bold prediction - this board starts complaining about Krueger's coaching decisions in the preseason

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
- Eichel scores 100 points; top-10 in scoring

- We keep Risto. He scores under 25 points in a reduced role and we sell him for scraps next off-season.

- Ullmark plays 50+ games posting a 920%+ save percentage.

Reactions: munkyhead8

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
eRod puts up 40 points (>30 5v5)

eRod outscores Mitts and Tage combined
Bold Sabres board: An infrequent poster with less than 1 post a month in 4 years can still remember his/her password. Respect. (See above)

Bold positive: Krueger’s d-zone scheme enables a +40 goal differential improvement from last year.

Bold negative: injuries decimate BUF and Botts fails to act, causing BUF to fade from playoff contention after being a bubble team at St Pats day.

Reactions: sabremike

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Mittelstadt busts, Pilut never gets into rythm due to missing pre-season (he has been working out a lot based on comments from former team), Ristolainen becomes a top pairing d on another team, we complain about Olofssons lack of pp time all season.

Positives: Erod is 0.6 ppg (goes to UFA and signs with Boston), Dahlin scores 60, One of our crappy defensemen returns a 3rd round pick (steal!!!!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad