Online Series: BoJack Horseman

Habsfan22100

Jul 14, 2009
Finished season 1 over the weekend and just started season 2. I'm in love with this show. I can see why it's not for everyone, but it's easily one of my favorite shows right now. Not only is hilarious, it also has some really deep moments (the Herb Kazzaz episode and the end of the penultimate episode in particular). That rarely happens in normal TV comedies, let alone cartoon comedies.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
I'm seven episodes in, and wow the series has really hits it's stride. While the 1st season was inconsistent, and just not that good at times, this season has been absolutely hilarious. Extra thumbs up for Lisa Kudrow :handclap:.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Being emotional isn't the same as emotional punch. They started the season down with Bojack's mom and just stayed there most of the time. Any respite was short-lived and ended exactly as you'd expect. The first season was more of a ride and tied all of the characters together a lot better.

[spoil]I was really disappointed with Todd's development and Bojack's "rescue" of him felt totally undeserved. They did nothing together this season. [/spoil]

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I guess I'm fine with emotional jabs rather than a sucker punch. The slow burn and watching it go up in flames hit hard enough for me. Glad it didn't simply try to retread what it had done before.

Also, A+ animal puns.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
But it was all pretty much a retread. They wiped out the small hope Bojack had built in last season's finale in the very first episode and spent the rest of the season slightly buildings things up just to tear down everything else he had in the same way. Bojack burns down a relationship. Bojack bails on his life. Bojack finds out he can't go back to friendships he had when he was younger. Bojack finds out he doesn't like himself. There was no slow burn. It was all just down and barely built to anything. Episode 11 felt like it could have occurred at any point in the season. The climax with Todd was just tacked on, and then Bojack gets a nice message at the end without really earning it. He barely did anything.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
I liked season 1 a lot

But season 2 delivered it! :yo:

Awesomesauce! There were just so clever and normal parts glued together.

Funny stuff!

I think BoJack's long roots might be in Finland :laugh:

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
season 3 is confirmed now, too. i've only watched the first season so far. going to watch an episode or two tonight from s.2.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Don't know why. But I love the theme song. Will definitely download.
I prefer the ending credits song.

Finished season 1. Show finally picked up for me at the 7th episode. Didn't really like the 11th episode though, which happens to be the highest rated episode of the season on IMDb. That drug trip was pretty boring.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Watched the Christmas special.

Kinda disappointing. It's like 2 mins of actual Bojack and 20 mins of an actually just really ****** 90s sitcom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad