Online Series: BoJack Horseman

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If they do the Princess Diane/Diana thing like some have theorized then the next season will be crazy.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Just finished season 5, probably the best season yet (either this or season 4). S5E11 is my favorite episode of the show, even better than Time's Arrow. Amazing show, I hope they do a season 6. The creator seems like he's getting a little burnt out though so I hope they end it well instead of the show declining.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just got into this show, in one of the other threads I know someone was telling me to stick it out that it got better after the first 6 episodes, so I did and boy am I glad I did as it got so much better. I don't think it's that funny, I mean it's got it's moments for sure but I don't watch it for laughs, it's just a really good show imo. I'm half way through season 3.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Just in the middle of season 4 now, loved the episode "Thoughts and Prayers".

I always found it so ironic how so many Hollywood actors and producers go on about how they frown upon guns and gun violence, yet rely on it so much in their line of work. Especially when they do so in a way to try and prove some social or political point that can be delivered in so many others ways other than gun violence.

Loved how Bojack clearly made fun of that type of hypocrisy in Hollywood. At least that's what I got out of it.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I thought this show only made it one season, I was wondering why Comedy Central started airing it. Most of the first season is trash. Theres only 2 episodes left to air, it's getting better, good to know, guess i'll watch the other seasons now knowing there are some.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I thought this show only made it one season, I was wondering why Comedy Central started airing it. Most of the first season is trash. Theres only 2 episodes left to air, it's getting better, good to know, guess i'll watch the other seasons now knowing there are some.
It definitely picks up after the first season, though I enjoyed S1.

The show itself is a pretty great commentary on the ridiculousness of Hollywood culture.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
It definitely picks up after the first season, though I enjoyed S1.

The show itself is a pretty great commentary on the ridiculousness of Hollywood culture.

Yet sadly I believe everyone on this show thinks like the majority in hollyeood and will say/do whatever to keep themselves employed at days end. Actors are probably the most self absorbed people on the planet, like BoJack tends to act. Often leading to their own destruction. Most of season 1 BoJack is a disaster because he can't find an acting gig and he can't get the girl he wants. He assisted in Todd' big break becoming a failure. The toxic lifestyle does appear from the get go.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Just finished season 5, probably the best season yet (either this or season 4). S5E11 is my favorite episode of the show, even better than Time's Arrow. Amazing show, I hope they do a season 6. The creator seems like he's getting a little burnt out though so I hope they end it well instead of the show declining.
You get your wish

Reactions: EON

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I haven't watched it since I think the end of season 4. The season where his daughter/sister comes to try and live with him.

I thought the ending of that season was so beautiful that I just preferred to leave it there. I get really drained by the show always being such an emotional downer and I loved that hopeful ending so much.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I've been making my way through this slowly but surely. Just finished watching "Free Churro" and that blew me away. That and "Time's Arrow" may be two of the most powerful episodes of TV I have ever seen.

Anyway, season 6 comes out on Friday. Great timing for me

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I’ve seen 4 out of 8 new episodes and the show is still operating at an insanely high level, great stuff.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Just finished the first 8 episodes of season 6. It was great, show has not lost a step. Bummed that its the last season but I would rather it end on top than drag on too long.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Finished what’s out and I really enjoyed it. Show seems to get better and better. Can’t wait for the second half.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I really liked the first episode and "Face of Depression" the most. Re-watched both and they definitely stick out to me. Man this show really hits hard sometimes.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The last few seasons of the show couldn't stop commenting on itself. Bounced between being insightful and being obnoxious.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I think i'm ok with saying that Bojack may be the single best television show i've ever seen. If not best ever, definitely best animated.

It's absolutely magic

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This thread being bumped reminded me to go back and watch the final episodes.

Overall, I was quite pleased and moved by the result. Life is complicated and sticky and things aren't usually tied up nicely and the show respects that.

I think it's better and more appropriate that it didn't end with the ambiguity of his death - or his actual death - as it is dramatic for its own sake. The fact that he doesn't die, and the future for him is uncertain, is more in the spirit of the show IMO.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Depressing man. That phone call conversation yeah I can only imagine the type of feelings one would have not being able to reach someone that just left you a suicidal message like that.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Depressing man. That phone call conversation yeah I can only imagine the type of feelings one would have not being able to reach someone that just left you a suicidal message like that.

I guess I'll keep using spoiler tags.

The silence after he says to Diane on the roof, something to the effect of, "Imagine if this is the last time we talk to each other." She doesn't respond at all.

It seems harsh, but we all have people that we no longer have in our lives, for one reason or another.

It's a brave counterpoint to the usual "No matter what happens, we'll always be friends forever" stuff that usually happens during series finales.

Last edited:

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I thought they definitely flubbed the ending, though the season was generally pretty good. That dialogue with BoJack and Diane on the roof was brutal.

Yeah, well, what are you gonna do? Life’s a bitch and then you die, right?”
“Sometimes. Sometimes life’s a bitch and then you keep living.”

Yikes.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I thought they definitely flubbed the ending, though the season was generally pretty good. That dialogue with BoJack and Diane on the roof was brutal.

Yeah, well, what are you gonna do? Life’s a ***** and then you die, right?”
“Sometimes. Sometimes life’s a ***** and then you keep living.”

Yikes.
Considering Netflix f***ed them over with the "surprise" cancellation I think they did the best they could. Of course it was rushed, but they were planning on 7/8 seasons and had to think fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad