Online Series: BoJack Horseman

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Yeah dunno. Looks like they wanted to create something similar to Rick&Morty or Archer. I didn't like trailer either but the Aaron Paul/Allison Brie/Will Arnett trio sounded interesting.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I saw the trailer and thought "Nope, not interested"

I watched it anyways

I watched one episode and thought "This isn't that good"

I continued watching anyways

After a couple episodes I started to enjoy it

I continued watching

Halway through the season now and I actually really like this show. It has some seriously clever humor at times, it just really does have a concept that doesn't attract and the first few episodes aren't good, but if you can get past that it's actually deeper and overall better than most adult cartoons are.

Plus it has a hilarious name. BoJack Horseman. It's just fun to say that.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I watched episode one and didn't laugh once. Does it completely change style or does it just improve on what it does now?

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I'm still trying to get over how funny Archer was. I watched three episodes of BoJack Horseman but didn't feel it was really good. Probably will wait few weeks and try it again.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
It takes a few episodes to like it but it is pretty good I must say. Kind of boring start though.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
I'd say the first 7 episodes are pretty boring. Just not very funny at all besides some clever animal sight gags. Last 3-4 episodes are a lot better and have some good humor in them. Overall, I wouldn't recommend it. Not worth the effort for such little comedic payoff.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
The show deals with some pretty dark subject matter, particularly as the season progresses. It's not the funniest show out there, which is perhaps a shame given the name of the show and those involved, but there's some great stuff if you can wade through the early season stutters.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
The episode revolving around his ex best friend... Wow. I can't say I've been in a similar situation but that episode hit hard.

Wasn't sold on it at first but it gets pretty story heavy around halfway through and IMO starts to become excellent.

GarrettC

Feb 1, 2009
Like everyone else is saying, it starts off slow but really picks up. Glad I stuck with it.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Good show. I liked the humor and laughed a lot. The teasers/trailers aren't very good so don't judge the show by them.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I watched the first few episodes and got bored but I'll give it another chance for you boys

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
This show should be better than it is. It's not terrible but it's really uneven. I think it's weighed down by the premise. Hollywooders deconstructing Hollywood... who cares. When it gets into more personal character relationships it's better.

Paul Tompkins is amazing, though.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Who does the voice of the horse?

It sounds like James Woods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->