Online Series: BoJack Horseman

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Only netflix exclusives I've enjoyed to this point are House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. Everything else is very meh. This is just bad.

Who sat there, read these scripts and actually laughed?

EDIT: Granted I only watched the first two...so.

Good show. I liked the humor and laughed a lot. The teasers/trailers aren't very good so don't judge the show by them.

Can you please explain to me what was funny about that? Cause I didn't even crack a slight grin watching that.
This isn't even remotely funny and the whole bestiality thing...yikes.

Ever see this show called Family Guy?

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I absolutely loved this show. Definitely worth watching the whole way through. It's not a lot of guffaw humor (though there are moments), but rather a lot of dark comedy and in-jokes. This is the realest show about a cartoon horse you're going to find. :laugh:

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
my brother and coworker watched it. they both said it starts off slow and eh for a few episodes but gets really funny. my bro hates family guy humor. he loves american dad and said its similar.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I had just been meaning to bump this thread myself.

I was only loosely aware of the existence of the show, but when I heard Arnett was in it, that was enough to give it a chance. I'll probably wrap up the season in the next hour. I'm really enjoying it.

I'm not sure whether it got better over the course of the season - both in terms of story-telling and humor - or whether it just took a bit for the concept to sink in. It's really not a typical animated comedy. In many ways it feels like a slightly absurd version of a show like Californication (which I like a lot, in spite of its shortcomings now). I can't say I remember an animated show doing such a good job of portraying realistic characters, in contrast to the unrealistic touches in the setting. I don't mind it if it's a bit slower, and don't even really recognize when I don't have a few laughs in one episode. That said, the last ones I watched all had that, too. I know I'll stick with the show.

Also, intro and outro are fantastic. The intro for obvious reasons, and the song for the outro as been stuck in my head for a couple days now. :laugh: It takes all of my strength to refrain from not quoting it right here. Ah, to hell: "Back in the nineties, I was in a very famous TeeeeeeVeeeee show..."

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
My favourite parts are the dumb animal related jokes. Neal McBeal the Navy Seal being an actual seal. BoJack saying "straight from the horse's mouth" at one point. Princess Caroline talking about getting her whiskers trimmed and says something like "I'll walk into walls, but I'll look fabulous!"

And of course Vincent Adultman.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
"Back in the nineties, I was in a very famous TeeeeeeVeeeee show..."

Watched it. Absolutely loved it. The turn the story takes and the character building is great. Can't wait for season two.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I watched the first three episodes back in August and thought nothing of it. Out of boredom I went back and finished the season. The uptick toward the end is very noticeable, it gets a lot better IMO. Not a laugh out loud kind of show, but it has surprising depth for what seems like a shallow idea.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I've watched Season 1 about three times through, but wouldn't recommend it to my friends as they have a more generic taste in comedy. This is far more offbeat but I love it.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
tumblr_nb5l214Cg81qc8jh0o1_500.gif

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
This show was not nearly as good as I expected I'll be honest. It's only okay. The jokes are alright but someone earlier in the thread mentioned the relationships are the best part. I dont agree, for the most part that stuff doesn't get to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad