Boeser Hatty and Pettersson 5 points (so far)

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The Canucks have a Hart-caliber 1C, a 2C who's really a first-liner, and a gamebreaking winger.

They're a legit 1D away from winning a lot of playoff series down the road.

quinn-hughes-2016-6563.jpg

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Our depth is not there yet.

We need another two Elite pieces to go.

Quinn is one were hoping, Let’s see who we draft this year.

I think were in the playoffs in two years

Depth can be acquired, but you can't just pick up the type of talent they already have. It never becomes available post-draft.

I'm extremely jealous of their young core. Granted I'm hoping we have the W and D in Kravtsov and K'Andre, and we definitely have the elite 2C in Zibanejad, but the Rangers have literally never had a young center like Pettersson in over 90 years.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
Hughes on playing with Pettersson one day..

" im not worried about that, just looking to help Michigan today, but i do think Pettersson will win the Hart one day"

Not a even a Canucks fan, but I can't wait to see Hughes on a power play with Boeser and EP. I don't think there's a team in more dire need/will benefit more from having a true PP QB than the Canucks, other than maybe Edmonton. The last 15 or so games of the season when he gets done with his college season should be a nice little exciting primer for next season for their fans.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Let's all take a moment and acknowledge and laugh at the fact that the Blues traded their 2019 1st round pick to the Sabres

Quote from an article:

"The 2019 pick might be on the late side considering the Blues are loading up for a long playoff run..."

To be fair, I don't think anyone saw this coming and technically they could still turn it around
I make a lot of predictions around here. A lot of them wrong, well, most. But i got two things right. I predicted todays score of 6-1 and the Blues to in plode this year:

Pre-Game Talk: - Canucks @ Blues, Sunday (start of 3-game roadtrip)

2019 Stanley Cup Favourites (as per HFBoards)

Reactions: Kcb12345

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
I would easily take him over Matthews. Pettersson is the type of player who can carry a team he is always tilting the ice. Matthews is more of an opportunistic player who cant tilt a game.
I'm not even a leafs fan, but come on, this isn't true at all. Matthews is the opposite of "opportunistic." The way he can shoot accurately and with power from virtually any angle makes him amazing at creating goal scoring opportunities out of nothing. He needs less help to put pucks in the net than almost anyone in the league. He was missing his line's primary play driver for the 1st 15 games and was still at a ridiculous goal/game pace.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Usually don’t pay too much attention to fans when they hype up their next greatest rookie, but I took the Canuck fans recommendation and grabbed Pettersson in my pool. Best decision I’ve made on a rookie in a long time. Thanks Nucks fans. :thumbu:

Reactions: pettersson

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Remember when we were all losing our minds when we dropped in the draft lottery yet again ? Good times...

May have been the biggest blessing in disguise in franchise history.
Yup. Even if we ended up picking 3rd or 4th, these morons would’ve taken Makar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad