Boeser Hatty and Pettersson 5 points (so far)

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
The Canucks have a Hart-caliber 1C, a 2C who's really a first-liner, and a gamebreaking winger.

They're a legit 1D away from winning a lot of playoff series down the road.

just threw up at this post

this is a worse take than your Shattenkirk is a top 10 D (conveniently until he actually ended up on the Rangers and you watched him)

Reactions: SillyRabbit

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You are basically describing the Edmonton Oilers.

There are just sooo many complimentary pieces that need to be in place aswell.
The Oilers have none of those pieces save for McDavid.
just threw up at this post

this is a worse take than your Shattenkirk is a top 10 D (conveniently until he actually ended up on the Rangers and you watched him)
You keep bringing this up and I still never said that.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009

you must be kidding

Draisaitl is either an elite 1RW or an elite 2C

the Canucks are not 1 piece away from winning multiple playoff series, cmon

why tf did the canucks marketing team get a rangers fan to shill for them.. oh wait 86k posts (jk btw)

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

Draisaitl is a better winger than boeser and McDavid is a better center than Pettersson. Sure they don’t have the third piece but Vancouver is still so much further away than you like to think.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
upload_2018-12-9_22-30-0.jpeg

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Draisaitl is a better winger than boeser and McDavid is a better center than Pettersson. Sure they don’t have the third piece but Vancouver is still so much further away than you like to think.

Agreed, we’re at least two high drafts away from developing a legitimate contender. Hopefully we hit on some of our 2nd round prospects like Woo, Lind, and Dahlen and some others continue to surprise like Gaudette.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
Ok where's Edmonton's Quinn Hughes? Bo Horvat?
The team isn't just Pettersson and Boeser. That's exactly how you get the Edmonton Oilers. I think we are 1 more top pick away from probably being overkill up front but need another top 6 winger.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Ok where's Edmonton's Quinn Hughes? Bo Horvat?
The team isn't just Pettersson and Boeser. That's exactly how you get the Edmonton Oilers. I think we are 1 more top pick away from probably being overkill up front but need another top 6 winger.

You can’t win with just 3 or 4 good players, you need good players throughout the lineup. Oilers have McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Nurse. Canucks have Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Hughes. With Benning & Chiarelli running the show I doubt they’ll be able to Surround their core players with the support they need.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
You can’t win with just 3 or 4 good players, you need good players throughout the lineup. Oilers have McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Nurse. Canucks have Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Hughes. With Benning & Chiarelli running the show I doubt they’ll be able to Surround their core players with the support they need.
Yeah, Benning could trade for McDavid and you'd still hate him. I'd rather not entertain it.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
poor bo horvat, absolute beast on both sides of the ice. plays the hard mins. pks like a boss, great on the dot. plays with jobbers, and gets near ppg. he's the no.1 center! hope the canucks get him better linemates.

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
Imagine Sweden's first line in the next WC
Arvi-Pettersson-Forsberg :popcorn:

Glad for Vancouver, must be a treat to watch them every other night!

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
poor bo horvat, absolute beast on both sides of the ice. plays the hard mins. pks like a boss, great on the dot. plays with jobbers, and gets near ppg. he's the no.1 center! hope the canucks get him better linemates.

statistically speaking, horvat has the lowest reliance on teammates for points among canuck forwards, hes doing really well on his own, very much like Kesler did when he was in Vancouver and was a key member of the Canucks 2nd line, the #1 power play in the league and the #1 penalty kill in the league

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
you must be kidding

Draisaitl is either an elite 1RW or an elite 2C

the Canucks are not 1 piece away from winning multiple playoff series, cmon

why tf did the canucks marketing team get a rangers fan to shill for them.. oh wait 86k posts (jk btw)
Well we are a peice away from establishings a core

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
I recall most canuck and isles fans being pretty friendly as the Calder race went on, mostly Toronto fans pooping on both fanbases
Probably because Barzel is from the Vancouver area and Boeser is an american

skuzzycuzz

Jan 7, 2012
And several fans on the Canucks board were just saying the other day that Boeser is expendable. Embarrassing.
Expendable, I don’t know about that. But what I do know is that I’m glad we didn’t sign him to a deal after last season. He’s a good player with a great shot, nothing more. He will score goals, but he doesn’t create hardly anything on his own. Definitely not the type of player that will make other players better and I question his decision making skills.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Petterson's one of those "above and beyond" special players. The way he's taking the league by storm reminds me of the early days of Erik Karlsson, where the doubters kept waiting for him to slow down, but instead he just kept proving there was a bigger and bigger gap between himself and his peers.

I'm not even a Canuck fan, but I find myself watching them just to see if Petterson's going to wow me. I doubt I'm alone in that, and I don't think people do that for just "good" players. His skillset is something I haven't seen in a while.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I think Petterson's one of those "above and beyond" special players. The way he's taking the league by storm reminds me of the early days of Erik Karlsson, where the doubters kept waiting for him to slow down, but instead he just kept proving there was a bigger and bigger gap between himself and his peers.

I'm not even a legit Canuck fan, but I find myself watching them just to see if Petterson's going to wow me. I doubt I'm alone in that, and I don't think people do that for just "good" players. His skillset is something I haven't seen in a while.
Not a Canucks fan (far west coast games are a killer if you have a day job), but I agree, he has put me in awe and I at least spend a lot of time following the Canucks.

I've seen a lot of hockey players. Let's just say Pettersson is intriguing. He's a player where HF will ask in the future: "Is x the next Pettersson?". He has streaks of Gretzky and Datsyuk in him. Maybe not as good in either aspect, but his own combination and with a very deadly shot, regardless of type.

It will be the most slam dunk Calder in a while.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad