Boedker Contract/Deadline Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The 1st. But I don't think we're going to get it.
That's the baseline IMO, protected 2017 1st or 2nd/4th in 2016.

If Maloney can do better than that....he comes out a winner.

He may be forced to add a pick or prospect and take on a contract to get better than Calgary did for Hudler.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Only 3 players left from the Gretzky Era once Boedker is moved:

1. Shane Doan
2. Martin Hanzal
3. Viktor Tikhonov

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Those teams don't have to do anything. They are already capable teams. They may want to add, but they don't need to bend over a barrel as a favour to the Coyotes.

Hope you're right; maybe someone folds. I think the Hudler price is probably what to expect.

They don't need to bend over a barrel, and are fine without Bods, I agree. Think about where those teams are at for a minute. The Blues have injury issues and have been dropped in the first round the last few years. Do they want to risk being disappointed again if they can add Bods? The Kings missed the playoffs last year and how long is there window open anyway? The Ducks need more scoring in the worst way to compete with the Hawks/Kings in the playoffs.

I see a potential bidding war for Bods among the 3 teams. I still think we get a nice return, meaning more then a second and B prospect. We will find out shortly but DM is waiting for a reason. High stakes poker game, and maybe we all get surprised and he signs for 4 years at 4 mill....

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I think we will get a late first from a contender but if that's not on the table then I'd guess we could get a mid-second plus extras from Colorado. Boeds has the speed to play with Duchene or MacKinnon and they could re-sign him if things work out. Could replace Tanguay who's coming off the books.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Parenteau hurt in the Leafs game tonight, TO may not be able to trade him. Helps DM with the Boeds situation. Also, reminder of how fortunate we are that this didn't happen to 89.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Only 3 players left from the Gretzky Era once Boedker is moved:

1. Shane Doan
2. Martin Hanzal
3. Viktor Tikhonov

This season is much like Gretzky's last season as coach. End of January, the team is in playoff position. One month later, the team is all but out of the playoffs. I figure we'll fall a bit further behind and then play ok.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Meh. Michalek was underpaid forever. Overpaying now but he's been a warrior for us over the years. The welts that guy must have had.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Friedman: LA, Anaheim, Min, STL, Dal, TB after Eriksson. A lot of these same teams calling about Boedker. Boston calling about Boedker as well, if they move Eriksson.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Friedman: LA, Anaheim, Min, STL, Dal, TB after Eriksson. A lot of these same teams calling about Boedker. Boston calling about Boedker as well, if they move Eriksson.

I will give Maloney credit. He's not afraid to play poker.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think a lot of those guys are probably worth more than Boekder.

From LAK: I could see one of Dergachev, Auger, or Zykov and either a 3rd this year or a 2nd next year. If we retain some salary, maybe we get Watson thrown in. I think Kempe is way out of our league at this point, based on the returns we seen thus far.

From STL: I'm thinking Schmaltz, Dunn and Barbashev are too much for Boedker now, given how badly he's tanked his value. If he hadn't choked so bad, we might have gotten one or two of them. Now I think we're maybe looking at Rattie or Jaskin or a 2nd. Maybe MacKenzie MacEachern or Adam Musil and a pick (2nd or 3rd).

From NSH: I think Dougherty or Austin Watson would be great. I kinda doubt it though. Probably just a 2nd and a future 3rd.

From ANA: Kerdiles or Noesen may have become big enough long-shots to be had. Montour is not in our reach for Boedker, IMO.

Dallas is maybe my favorite option. They've got lots of middling prospects I like (Gemel Smith, Aaron Haydon, etc) and some lower end B prospects we might get (Stephen Johns, Brett Pollack, etc) even though I'm guessing the likes of Lindell and Honka are off limits for Boedker. Roope Hintz or Remi Elie, straight up, might be something both sides can live with.

Last edited:

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I think a lot of those guys are probably worth more than Boekder.

From LAK: I could see one of Dergachev, Auger, or Zykov and either a 3rd this year or a 2nd next year. If we retain some salary, maybe we get Watson thrown in. I think Kempe is way out of our league at this point, based on the returns we seen thus far.

From STL: I'm thinking Schmaltz, Dunn and Barbashev are too much for Boedker now, given how badly he's tanked his value. If he hadn't choked so bad, we might have gotten one or two of them. Now I think we're maybe looking at Rattie or Jaskin or a 2nd. Maybe MacKenzie MacEachern or Adam Musil and a pick (2nd or 3rd).

From NSH: I think Dougherty or Austin Watson would be great. I kinda doubt it though. Probably just a 2nd and a future 3rd.
He sure did ruin it for us to get a big return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad