Boedker Contract/Deadline Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If this is true, he would be a nice addition. I think other pieces may need to be involved (I doubt Boedker for Kempe straight up will happen).

If anything, maybe other teams will have a renewed interest in Boedker hearing how LA is valuing him

I'd absolutely trade Boedker for Kempe. I doubt LA does that.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA

I think the question might be, what would we need to add to the package to make it work. LA has limited picks for this year's draft, so perhaps Boedker +2016 3rd and 2017 4th for Kempe +2016 4th and 2017 3rd

After that make a trade or two to re-acquire a 2016 3rd and perhaps a 2017 4th

Alternatively, I guess we could move the NYR 1st to LA, but we;d need a bit more from them in that transaction

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Were you reading too quickly or was I? the author said "But if it helps land them Boedker or a top blueliner as they gear up for another Cup run, it may be worth the long-term price."

I think the idea is that they are looking for either Boedker or a top blueliner. I think it's more an example of poor grammar than anything else. Perhaps adding parentheses, using either, or perhaps a few additional commas would have made that sentence grammatically correct. Someone's sports writing career won't be going too far with this in the portfolio.

In terms of logic, I also doubt a potential 3rd line forward would land them a top defenseman.
Yup I was reading too fast or too early in the morning. :laugh:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Teams in market for skilled speedy small winger who have a 1st and would be willing to move it for the underachieving Boedker is limited.

Florida offering Pirri who is of limited interest for us. Blues likely using Boedker to leverage Tampa on Drouin who has RFA years left but even then they are likely dangling soon to be waiver ineligible Rattie.

Pens don't have a 1st. Pouiliot likely off table for Boedker. Not excited about a perennially injured player like Bennett.

Kings don't have first. If Kempe in play, we have potential for a workable deal. LA targeting Purcell though so interest in Boedker is a question mark.

Maybe a future first to save face is possible (LA) or multiple 2nds to just give us playing chips probably what is potentially achievable for Maloney. At this point and given our depth at forward prospects, the future chips in draft picks likely more valuable. I like Rattie though and would love Barbashev but we might be better served to load up on picks to target D prospects and give the organization flexibility to take a top ranked forward with our first given that we are getting better odds to snag a Finnish winger to replace Boedker. Still going to take some luck but we've doubled our odds in the past week.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If this is true, he would be a nice addition. I think other pieces may need to be involved (I doubt Boedker for Kempe straight up will happen).

If anything, maybe other teams will have a renewed interest in Boedker hearing how LA is valuing him

The Kings are going for the cup and have to improve their roster to compete against the Hawks. I think the Kings have to add not us.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Teams in market for skilled speedy small winger who have a 1st and would be willing to move it for the underachieving Boedker is limited.

Florida offering Pirri who is of limited interest for us. Blues likely using Boedker to leverage Tampa on Drouin who has RFA years left but even then they are likely dangling soon to be waiver ineligible Rattie.

Pens don't have a 1st. Pouiliot likely off table for Boedker. Not excited about a perennially injured player like Bennett.

Kings don't have first. If Kempe in play, we have potential for a workable deal. LA targeting Purcell though so interest in Boedker is a question mark.

Maybe a future first to save face is possible (LA) or multiple 2nds to just give us playing chips probably what is potentially achievable for Maloney. At this point and given our depth at forward prospects, the future chips in draft picks likely more valuable. I like Rattie though and would love Barbashev but we might be better served to load up on picks to target D prospects and give the organization flexibility to take a top ranked forward with our first given that we are getting better odds to snag a Finnish winger to replace Boedker. Still going to take some luck but we've doubled our odds in the past week.

With our scouting much better the last two years I would be happy with picks.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Likely spot is Ducks/Kings/Blues for Bods. All 3 can use him and need to add with what the Hawks just did. I think the return might surprise us to the upside. Florida would be my dark horse landing spot.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
The Kings are going for the cup and have to improve their roster to compete against the Hawks. I think the Kings have to add not us.

I kind of think we'd have to give more (Boedker isn't exactly lighting it up these days).

Swapping 2016|2017 3rds/4ths would probably still be too little on our end, but I don't see us needing to add too much more. I guess additional prospects could be added (on both sides) to balance things out, but LA has a pretty shallow prospect pool

rt

May 13, 2004
I think the question might be, what would we need to add to the package to make it work. LA has limited picks for this year's draft, so perhaps Boedker +2016 3rd and 2017 4th for Kempe +2016 4th and 2017 3rd

After that make a trade or two to re-acquire a 2016 3rd and perhaps a 2017 4th

Alternatively, I guess we could move the NYR 1st to LA, but we;d need a bit more from them in that transaction

I think you can ditch the LA 3rd and we're all still very happy (except for Jake, haha)

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Does something like this make sense?

To Dallas
- Mikkel Boedker (50%)

To Arizona
- Ales Hemsky (signed thru next season)
- DAL 1st 2016
- Some other asset (this is the payment for taking Hemsky)

Possibly add Grossmann on our side and a 3rd or 4th coming back if Dallas is looking for defense.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
What are we talking about? :dunno: I'm lost. :)

During the last game, Boedker was handling the puck and wasn't paying much attention or something and just skated right into Domi. Someone made a gif of it but has since protected their tweets.

rt

May 13, 2004
Does something like this make sense?

To Dallas
- Mikkel Boedker (50%)

To Arizona
- Ales Hemsky (signed thru next season)
- DAL 1st 2016
- Some other asset (this is the payment for taking Hemsky)

Possibly add Grossmann on our side and a 3rd or 4th coming back if Dallas is looking for defense.

Dallas fans are not as down on Hemsky as you think. Plus he has three goals in his last six games and skated nearly 20min in his last outing so I don't think the coaching staff is down on him either.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
With our scouting much better the last two years I would be happy with picks.

I think we've done a great job drafting, I'd be happy with more picks. Yes, not everyone is going to pan out, but we are on the cusp of improving and competing at a high level with what we've done.

rt

May 13, 2004
Hudler went for a 2nd and a 4th. I imagine that's about Boedker's value at this point.

Man that kid really ****ed us over with his choke artistry.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think we'll see the Boedker trade today or tomorrow. That way, GMDM has all of Monday to focus on moving the lesser lights like Grossmann and Gordon.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I think we'll see the Boedker trade today or tomorrow. That way, GMDM has all of Monday to focus on moving the lesser lights like Grossmann and Gordon.

Since Ladd signed, DM has the best hand to play. He can wait it out to the last minute and watch the bidding he up. Blues/Kings/Ducks have to improve with what the Hawks landed in the last few days. I could see it coming down to the last hour.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Hudler gets a 2 and Purcell gets a 3. Pretty sure we ain't getting a 1 for Boedker

You might be right. It depends on the team and if they have a first. I still think the return will be equivalent to a first, plus B prospect either way.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Since Ladd signed, DM has the best hand to play. He can wait it out to the last minute and watch the bidding he up. Blues/Kings/Ducks have to improve with what the Hawks landed in the last few days. I could see it coming down to the last hour.

Those teams don't have to do anything. They are already capable teams. They may want to add, but they don't need to bend over a barrel as a favour to the Coyotes.

Hope you're right; maybe someone folds. I think the Hudler price is probably what to expect.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
ANA is in a tough spot. That Kesler contract is going to be brutal soon, they might feel pressured to go all in. CHI has gotten better since last year while they've gotten worse.

rt

May 13, 2004
Yeah, I'll be surprised if we get a return notably superior to an extremely late 2nd. Which is pathetic. This kid totally ****ed us over. Mental midget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad