Boedker Contract/Deadline Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Boedker is now looking at a short term prove it contract after demanding and getting/refusing long term/big $ deal after a series of short term prove it contracts. His agent should be fired.

Is there a link to this or are you speculating? Maybe DM/Bods surprise us all and he signs a 2 year deal at 4.2 mill. Not likely I know.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Is there a link to this or are you speculating? Maybe DM/Bods surprise us all and he signs a 2 year deal at 4.2 mill. Not likely I know.

I'm stating the obvious. He's not getting any offers close to AZ offer. He either signs for less term and lower dollars or takes a show me 1 year contract with someone.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I'm starting to think there is a chance he stays on a nice deal for the 'Yotes. What an asshat.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm starting to think there is a chance he stays on a nice deal for the 'Yotes. What an asshat.

There's a good chance a conciliatory Coyotes offer is as good as what teams offer on the open market. Just trade him. The couple needs some time apart to think.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Word in Denmark is, Boedker wants out of Phoenix, and does not care about the dollars.
feels he needs a new start.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Word in Denmark is, Boedker wants out of Phoenix, and does not care about the dollars.

Probably said that after the contract was pulled. Why would Boedker want out? He has been given every opportunity to succeed this year.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Probably said that after the contract was pulled. Why would Boedker want out? He has been given every opportunity to succeed this year.

Maybe, but he said last year the uncertainty of where the club will be was an issue for him. I think it is always about term/money.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Aparently he has felt that way for a while, and no, the words from my friend that knows Boeds, is from around early January. So not after contract was pulled.

Im not interested in arguing wether Boedker has had oportunities or not, and what he is worth, because tbh I dont care :)

And why do you need a reason? Maybe he just realizes it hasnt worked for him in Phoenix, oportunities or not, and now he just wants a new beginning..

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Aparently he has felt that way for a while, and no, the words from my friend that knows Boeds, is from around early January. So not after contract was pulled.

Im not interested in arguing wether Boedker has had oportunities or not, and what he is worth, because tbh I dont care :)

And why do you need a reason? Maybe he just realizes it hasnt worked for him in Phoenix, oportunities or not, and now he just wants a new beginning..

I am a Bods fan, and hope we could have kept him. I am just not sure what part has not worked for him. Maybe your friend is correct, and Bods checked out in January and that could be why he is in his current slump. This has hurt his UFA value unless he lights it up after he is traded and in the playoffs. I hope it works out for him regardless of where he lands.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Figured as much. I'm guessing his agent told him that on another team he'd have a better opportunity and a less conservative system to play in. That would explain both his intransigence in negotiations and his decision to Turris himself on the ice.

Sad, but inevitable in this era of money. Hope he gets what he wants wherever he ends up.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I am a Bods fan, and hope we could have kept him. I am just not sure what part has not worked for him. Maybe your friend is correct, and Bods checked out in January and that could be why he is in his current slump. This has hurt his UFA value unless he lights it up after he is traded and in the playoffs. I hope it works out for him regardless of where he lands.

As I said, I dont have a standing in this regard - I too have eyes, and can see that Boedkers value has fallen - But in this case, im just the messenger, and the message was that my friend got the feeling from Boedker that he had checked out + He says Boedker had stated non directly that he was looking for other alternatives.

I also mention he has nothing bad to say about Phoenix, so maybe he knows that he has a big part in not working out, and maybe he himself thinks a new start could kickstart what he believes is his true potential.

Again, no one really knows, and there are things my friend will not tell me about Boeds, which is understandable.

Sidenote: My friend has on several ocassions denied answering my questions about Boedkers agent, but I get the feeling he is not popular with Boedkers closest. Take it from a guy married to a Dane, and a guy who has lived here for the past 6 years, Danes tend not to care overly much about the size of the paycheck, they care about stability (Term) and familiarity. - Just look at Jannik Hansen and Frans Nielsen, both on hometown, sweetheart contracts. And Frans has stated several times, he wants to stay an Islander, and will take a hometown discount to stay so.

Boedker may have been tainted by his agent? Or Boedker may just really, really want term and a new start... Who really knows. All I know is, I think it would be best for both parts to part ways.

As for Vancouver being interested, I think and hope not, Benning has traded away enough picks and prospects, we are in a tanking crisis....

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
As I said, I dont have a standing in this regard - I too have eyes, and can see that Boedkers value has fallen - But in this case, im just the messenger, and the message was that my friend got the feeling from Boedker that he had checked out + He says Boedker had stated non directly that he was looking for other alternatives.

I also mention he has nothing bad to say about Phoenix, so maybe he knows that he has a big part in not working out, and maybe he himself thinks a new start could kickstart what he believes is his true potential.

Again, no one really knows, and there are things my friend will not tell me about Boeds, which is understandable.

Sidenote: My friend has on several ocassions denied answering my questions about Boedkers agent, but I get the feeling he is not popular with Boedkers closest. Take it from a guy married to a Dane, and a guy who has lived here for the past 6 years, Danes tend not to care overly much about the size of the paycheck, they care about stability (Term) and familiarity. - Just look at Jannik Hansen and Frans Nielsen, both on hometown, sweetheart contracts. And Frans has stated several times, he wants to stay an Islander, and will take a hometown discount to stay so.

Boedker may have been tainted by his agent? Or Boedker may just really, really want term and a new start... Who really knows. All I know is, I think it would be best for both parts to part ways.

As for Vancouver being interested, I think and hope not, Benning has traded away enough picks and prospects, we are in a tanking crisis....

Assuming Bods is traded in the next few hours, he will get a 20 game plus playoffs new start. This will give him a taste of something else. I do know a handful of NHL and former NHL players, and they all say the same thing, the first time you are traded is the hardest because of the adjustment, new team/teammates/city/home, etc...

I could see the adjustment being difficult and hurting Bods UFA value unless he lights it up a little. I could see him signing here in the summer after the experience of another team. I hope he does well and wish him the best regardless of where he lands.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Assuming Bods is traded in the next few hours, he will get a 20 game plus playoffs new start. This will give him a taste of something else. I do know a handful of NHL and former NHL players, and they all say the same thing, the first time you are traded is the hardest because of the adjustment, new team/teammates/city/home, etc...

I could see the adjustment being difficult and hurting Bods UFA value unless he lights it up a little. I could see him signing here in the summer after the experience of another team. I hope he does well and wish him the best regardless of where he lands.

I could imagine the 1st trade would be the hardest, it also shows quite often. I have a feeling there will be no takers for Boedker, and he will stay in Phoenix, at least untill summer.

I personally dont know what to think of Boeds, I used to be a big fan of his game, but, in the games ive watched as of late, he is nowhere to be seen.

And his inconsistency has always annoyed me, especially when seeing how he can dominate if it pleases him ...

Id like to see how Boedker would do in the East, I dont think the West would do him any good with regards to a fresh start.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

Kind of makes me wonder what the terms were over the summer when Boedker agreed to the one year deal.

I think it reached the point where there was uncertainty about a long-term deal from our management, and when it was clear that this wasn't being presented in the offseason, that was when Boedker kind of started to open his options up. Let's say that the 5 x $5.5M that was recently pulled is 100% accurate. Boedker (and even his agent) may be asking themselves why the team is so keen on offering term now, when 6-8 months ago, term/money was actually a huge question mark.

I liken it to working at a company in the same position and asking for raises, but getting very limited ones. Then, you apply for an external job and when the current company finds out, they quickly put together a salary package to keep you (happened to me for internal positions in my own company). Not saying that this is 100% the scenario, but I could understand why Boedker's feelings have developed into trying some alternatives to give his career a jolt. Sometimes, a breath of different air is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad