Boedker Contract/Deadline Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I could imagine the 1st trade would be the hardest, it also shows quite often. I have a feeling there will be no takers for Boedker, and he will stay in Phoenix, at least untill summer.

I personally dont know what to think of Boeds, I used to be a big fan of his game, but, in the games ive watched as of late, he is nowhere to be seen.

And his inconsistency has always annoyed me, especially when seeing how he can dominate if it pleases him ...

Id like to see how Boedker would do in the East, I dont think the West would do him any good with regards to a fresh start.

I tend to agree that an East team may actually be more conducive to his game. Seems like a little more wide-open play in the East, and Boedker needs space to help his game. Probably why he was more effective on the bigger ice while playing for Lukko.

I am still prepared for the team doing relatively little today (some minor deals involving Grossmann or Gordon, maybe??) and trading Boedker over the draft. I simply don't think that we will get a favorable enough return to justify a deal today. But during the draft, we can get back the 4th round pick that we will owe to Philly, at a minimum. Odds are we can pick up some conditional picks (additional 2nd rounder) or move up somewhere (maybe a few spots up from the NYR 1st if a player that we covet is still on board around #16-19).

But hard to say what will happen. I wish Boedker well with whatever goes on.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I assume at this point DM is still waiting for his price. But I wonder at what point it turns to Buy Now or Best Offer to use the ebay term. 1 hour before the deadline?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Kind of makes me wonder what the terms were over the summer when Boedker agreed to the one year deal.

I think it reached the point where there was uncertainty about a long-term deal from our management, and when it was clear that this wasn't being presented in the offseason, that was when Boedker kind of started to open his options up. Let's say that the 5 x $5.5M that was recently pulled is 100% accurate. Boedker (and even his agent) may be asking themselves why the team is so keen on offering term now, when 6-8 months ago, term/money was actually a huge question mark.

I liken it to working at a company in the same position and asking for raises, but getting very limited ones. Then, you apply for an external job and when the current company finds out, they quickly put together a salary package to keep you (happened to me for internal positions in my own company). Not saying that this is 100% the scenario, but I could understand why Boedker's feelings have developed into trying some alternatives to give his career a jolt. Sometimes, a breath of different air is needed.

That is a very good analogy, and one that could hold some truths. - I always liked the yotes, and would feel bad if you guys got nothing out of a Boedker deal.

I tend to agree that an East team may actually be more conducive to his game. Seems like a little more wide-open play in the East, and Boedker needs space to help his game. Probably why he was more effective on the bigger ice while playing for Lukko.

I am still prepared for the team doing relatively little today (some minor deals involving Grossmann or Gordon, maybe??) and trading Boedker over the draft. I simply don't think that we will get a favorable enough return to justify a deal today. But during the draft, we can get back the 4th round pick that we will owe to Philly, at a minimum. Odds are we can pick up some conditional picks (additional 2nd rounder) or move up somewhere (maybe a few spots up from the NYR 1st if a player that we covet is still on board around #16-19).

But hard to say what will happen. I wish Boedker well with whatever goes on.

Agreed :)

I assume at this point DM is still waiting for his price. But I wonder at what point it turns to Buy Now or Best Offer to use the ebay term. 1 hour before the deadline?

I imagine Maloney would rather keep Boedker than sell him off for Scraps, decline in recent play or not?

But yes, I think 1hour is the norm with regards to these panic deals.

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I imagine Maloney would rather keep Boedker than sell him off for Scraps, decline in recent play or not?

If it comes down to it with a little time before the deadline:
Some team has missed out on all their deals, and Maloney also has nothing, can't see them not being able to at least get a 2nd. I'm sure Maloney would rather have the 2nd. If the offers are worse than a 2nd then yeah we might have lame duck Boedker for a month.

My guess is though there's at least a standing offer from somebody of a 2nd + some mediocre prospect.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
If it comes down to it with a little time before the deadline:
Some team has missed out on all their deals, and Maloney also has nothing, can't see them not being able to at least get a 2nd. I'm sure Maloney would rather have the 2nd. If the offers are worse than a 2nd then yeah we might have lame duck Boedker for a month.

My guess is though there's at least a standing offer from somebody of a 2nd + some mediocre prospect.

Sounds plausible, a 2nd + also seems fair imo. I dont think he warrants a 1st right now.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
A 1st from Colorado would be incredible because that's a potential lotto pick.

I think that would be a tough sell - a rental that you may not re-sign for a top 14 pick.

The trouble is that a lot of teams with a late 1st have done a lot of wheeling and dealing. Any team that has a long-term plan for Boedker is less likely to give up a lottery pick, but is probably towards the top half of draft order, as opposed to bottom half.

That's where the two 2nd rounders is more feasible, b/c it adds about 3 or 4 teams who may be reluctant to give up a lottery pick for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad