Boedker Contract/Deadline Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-trade-deadline-top-10-dangled-prospects/

Quite a few defensemen we may be asking for?

3 - Montour (ANA)
4 - Dunn (STL)
8 - Wotherspoon (NYI)
9 - Gravel (LA)

If TB calls, hopefully Maloney enquires about no.1 Drouin.

Huge fan of Dunn. IMO he is the most skilled guy on Niagara. Yes, ahead of Ho-Sang and Perlini.

So.... What should we do w extra $ next year that we aren't using on Boedker?

There is this guy in NY named Keith something or other ;)

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Garrioch

It's believed the Blues have made calls to the Bruins and Coyotes about their available forwards the prices are pretty steep. They may come down before Monday morning and that may mean the Nashville Predators get involved in the forward market as well

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Also, in terms of reallocating Boedker $, I wouldn't mind signing a guy like Troy Brouwer to play RW. Gives us some balls. Will also need those $ if one of these Myers/Trouba/etc ideas come to fruition.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'd be absolutely shocked if we got a defenseman in a Boedker trade today or tomorrow that means much to our roster next season.

What I meant was if we get more forward prospects I would look at spending the Boedker money on D. When teams are contending for the cup, many times good or very good prospects are available because the window for winning the cup is small.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Saw something yesterday that if the Ducks make a deal for a winger, it'd include one of their young D. I'll see if I can find the tweet again.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I think we can and should get a (next years) first round pick out of Boedker.

If I'm not mistaken, that gives us three firsts for next year.

Come draft day we trade the three (to Edmonton, of course) for the first overall and draft Mathews.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I think we can and should get a (next years) first round pick out of Boedker.

If I'm not mistaken, that gives us three firsts for next year.

Come draft day we trade the three (to Edmonton, of course) for the first overall and draft Mathews.

With the quality of the picks, I doubt even Edmonton would do that:
AZ 1 - currently #7 (it might drop to 5 by the end of the season)
NYR 1 - currently #24

EAST bubbles - Ottawa #10, Carolina #11 & 26, NJ #12, and PHI #13
Other EAST - Boston #21 & #17
Other WEST - Colorado #15, Nashville #18, St. Louis #27

Of the above, only Carolina and Boston have two firsts. TB and PHI each have two seconds and might sacrifice their first (especially if we threw in our 2nd).

The only picks that may convince whoever has the 1st overall pick to consider that type of offer would be Ottawa (#10), Carolina (#11), NJ (#13), PHI (#13), or perhaps COL (#15). Given that, even the best (#5, #10, and #24) would still most likely not get Matthews

Last edited:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
With the quality of the picks, I doubt even Edmonton would do that:
AZ 1 - currently #7 (it might drop to 5 by the end of the season)
NYR 1 - currently #24

EAST bubbles - Ottawa #10, Carolina #11 & 26, NJ #12, and PHI #13
Other EAST - Boston #21 & #17
Other WEST - Colorado #15, Nashville #18, St. Louis #27

Of the above, only Carolina and Boston have two firsts. TB and PHI each have two seconds and might sacrifice their first (especially if we threw in our 2nd).

The only picks that may convince whoever has the 1st overall pick to consider that type of offer would be Ottawa (#10), Carolina (#11), NJ (#13), PHI (#13), or perhaps COL (#15). Given that, even the best (#5, #10, and #24) would still most likely not get Matthews

That would be my concern as well, but first round picks (wherever) they land seem to have quite a bit of appeal. Remember, they can be used as bargaining chips as well, for whomever (Edmonton :laugh:) has them.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
If we get attract a 1st, I'd rather have a prospect. Ladd seems the only one to return max value currently

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Boedker is now looking at a short term prove it contract after demanding and getting/refusing long term/big $ deal after a series of short term prove it contracts. His agent should be fired.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Boedker is now looking at a short term prove it contract after demanding and getting/refusing long term/big $ deal after a series of short term prove it contracts. His agent should be fired.

He should, he won't.:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad