Player Discussion: Bode Wilde

Status
Not open for further replies.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I really like how Lou has fortified the AHL team with professionals and some minor league vets. If Wilde is deemed ready for more next season, I could see him coming quickly with a solid team around him. His development will be interesting to watch.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
If Wilde does indeed play in the AHL next year, does his ELC slide if he's there all year? Or does the clock start the moment he plays any pro games?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If Wilde does indeed play in the AHL next year, does his ELC slide if he's there all year? Or does the clock start the moment he plays any pro games?

I think it’s the 9 game rule. I’m not 100% but if he’s there all year I think that’s a year on his ELC.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010

It starts as soon as he starts playing “pro” hockey so AHL games would count.

Same reason MDC and JHS’ ELC are up after this season

Reactions: periferal

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
It starts as soon as he starts playing “pro” hockey so AHL games would count.

Same reason MDC and JHS’ ELC are up after this season

MDC and JHS had their ELC's slide twice. Wilde signed his ELC in December and thus it slid because he's in the OHL. I'm not exactly sure why he would be AHL eligible next season, but he would be 19 the whole season so his ELC should slide. Remember that Pulock played his D+2 season in the AHL and it slid and still had 3 more years on it. Pulock turned 20 in October that year, unlike Wilde.

I know the Euro kids can have their ELC's slide twice while in the AHL at 18 so I assume Wilde's AHL availability is tied to that since he was in the US Program.

In any case, I would prefer Wilde be in the AHL so we could be directly responsible for his development. If his ELC slides, then we get a 'free' year of AHL development and still have 3 full years on his ELC. If his ELC doesn't slide, then I prefer he stay in Saginaw and delay the clock on his contract.

mk21

Sep 20, 2015
I think if there’s any doubt next season about players being sent to A or back to junior, it will be Junior. If they go pro next season then would have to be protected in Seattle expansion draft.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I think if there’s any doubt next season about players being sent to A or back to junior, it will be Junior. If they go pro next season then would have to be protected in Seattle expansion draft.

Don't players not have the choice? Once they're eligible to go to the AHL they can't go to Juniors I'm pretty sure. The only time a team gets to choose is if it's between the NHL and Juniors I think.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
In Bode case he is in his senior year in Saginaw next season and needs plenty of work still on his D game. His focus has to be on getting more disciplined in his own zone. He is young enough that he would get plenty of TOI to work on his total game and still have his confidence level high and play AHL 2020 as a more mature well rounded defender.
Edit-Wilde would only be 20 for his first AHL season

Last edited:
Reactions: PWJunior

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

This is big picture thinking...And the right way to think about it. Would be nice to not have to give up a 1st and 2nd to get Seattle to not take a good player.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
don't quote me, but i think in the past expansion draft, players with just 1 year of pro, were exempt.

mk21

Sep 20, 2015
don't quote me, but i think in the past expansion draft, players with just 1 year of pro, were exempt.
The expansion draft is June of 21. So he would be a 2nd year pro and not exempt

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I thought Staple has said our yound guys were safe (minus Bellows).

Lots of confusion tought, fun to watch people yell and argue without facts tho.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
I thought Staple has said our yound guys were safe (minus Bellows).

Lots of confusion tought, fun to watch people yell and argue without facts tho.

Guys snow isn't running the show. Lou is going to do a great job dealing with Seattle.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
The expansion draft is June of 21. So he would be a 2nd year pro and not exempt
read this... "Based on the two or fewer years of experience requirement, defenseman Henri Jokiharju would need to be protected. If fellow blue liners Adam Boqvist and Ian Mitchell make their debuts after the 2018-19 season, they’ll be exempt on the two or fewer years of experience rule., assuming that the kids play next year...."

this is only an article from, i believe, a paper in Chicago, so it's not an official declaration.

is it that the expansion draft takes place in June of 2020, since the Seattle team starts in the 2020/21 season?

EDIT: Seattle starts in 2021/2. i should stop typing. ignore me. that was good sativa.... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Riseonfire

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
read this... "Based on the two or fewer years of experience requirement, defenseman Henri Jokiharju would need to be protected. If fellow blue liners Adam Boqvist and Ian Mitchell make their debuts after the 2018-19 season, they’ll be exempt on the two or fewer years of experience rule., assuming that the kids play next year...."

this is only an article from, i believe, a paper in Chicago, so it's not an official declaration.

is it that the expansion draft takes place in June of 2020, since the Seattle team starts in the 2020/21 season?

I could be wrong but I believe that if you played 1 or 2 years in the AHL or NHL you are exempt, if you play 3 or more then you have to be protected. So in the case of Seattle, guys like Bellows and Kouvula would need to be protected, anybody who starts their first year of pro next season wouldn't need to be protected.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
OHL Coaches Poll.

Hardest Shot
East
1. Nic Mattinen
2. Brandon Saigeon
3. Matt Brassard & Tyler Tucker
West
1. Evan Bouchard
2. Isaac Ratcliffe
3. Bode Wilde

Best Offensive Defenseman
East
1. Ryan Merkley
2. Thomas Harley
3. Noel Hoefenmayer & Matt Brassard
West
1. Evan Bouchard & Adam Boqvist
2. Mac Hollowell
3. Bode Wilde & Sean Durzi

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Islanders prospect Bode Wilde turned a rocky draft year into...

Wilde's coach has some high praise for him. Calls him a top 5 player in the OHL and ready for the pros. Seems possible he may go pro and join Wahlstrom in the AHL next year. Likely a decision that will come during camp.

I think Wilde will be in the AHL. Considering all the past NCAA drama, it's clear he is all in making the NHL as soon as possible. Wahlstrom said the same thing when he finished with Bridgeport. The physical maturity is there for both and it's the next logical step in their development.

Wahlstrom, Wilde, Koivula, Bellows, Hutton, Wotherspoon, MVS, maybe Aho... Bridgeport is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Reactions: WangMustGo

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think Wilde will be in the AHL. Considering all the past NCAA drama, it's clear he is all in making the NHL as soon as possible. Wahlstrom said the same thing when he finished with Bridgeport. The physical maturity is there for both and it's the next logical step in their development.

Wahlstrom, Wilde, Koivula, Bellows, Hutton, Wotherspoon, MVS, maybe Aho... Bridgeport is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Don’t forget Jobst, Carpenter, potentially Durandeau.

Reactions: PWJunior

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach

More fun then the Isles (as they currently stand) , no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad