Injury Report: Bobrovsky out 3 weeks. UPDATE: activated 1/15 2ND UPDATE: re-injured 1/22

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Isn't this appropriate?

All the goalies in this league, and the hapless Columbus Blue Jackets end up with the one with the brittle groins.

It just could not be any other way!

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
Any updates on Bobrovsky's latest injury? Is it safe to assume this is a relapse (recurrence) of the same injury and that he will likely be out long-term?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
There is zero reason to activate Bobrovsky off of IR the rest of the season. Management needs to shut him down for the remainder of the year to let him ACTUALLY get back to 100%, and let him get back in shape only when he is fully healthy. This string of injuries for Bobrovsky is getting ridiculous.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
There is zero reason to activate Bobrovsky off of IR the rest of the season. Management needs to shut him down for the remainder of the year to let him ACTUALLY get back to 100%, and let him get back in shape only when he is fully healthy. This string of injuries for Bobrovsky is getting ridiculous.

This is the same crew that rushed Murray back from knee injuries and a fractured foot the last two years. You think they're going to be sensible now? :laugh:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Any updates on Bobrovsky's latest injury? Is it safe to assume this is a relapse (recurrence) of the same injury and that he will likely be out long-term?

Forsberg up on emergency recall. Would have figured Bob would have been placed on IR if long-term. Perhaps just a "tweak," but who knows.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

My god man! Are you advocating tanking? We should get him back in net ASAP and see if he can spark us to another 15-1-1 finish. He is not injury prone (although since this is his 3rd, 4th or 5th groin injury in the last 3 seasons maybe he is) so when he says he is ready he is ready. :sarcasm:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
This is the same crew that rushed Murray back from knee injuries and a fractured foot the last two years. You think they're going to be sensible now? :laugh:

You know because the player isn't involved in the decision and they are only victims in this whole thing. The team will listen to the player and the medical staff. They didn't rush back Bob this time, as there wasn't a point. The FO knows they can't make the playoffs.

Nothing like some back seat GM'ing.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I wonder if they would consider surgery at this point. For an oft-pulled groin, that seems like it would give him the best chance now. I don't know if there is a surgery that would strengthen it, only repair it if completely torn. I'm sure they've gone over muscular imbalances and strengthening of muscles. I wonder what else they can do?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I wonder if they would consider surgery at this point. For a oft-pulled groin, that seems like it would give him the best chance now. I don't know if there is a surgery that would strengthen it, only repair it if completely torn. I'm sure they've gone over muscular imbalances and strengthening of muscles. I wonder what else they can do?

Trade him and a second round pick to Ottawa for Antoine Vermette.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Yes and we have to trade Vermette for picks so we can trade for Bobrovsky

XWOuu8G.gif

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
You know because the player isn't involved in the decision and they are only victims in this whole thing. The team will listen to the player and the medical staff. They didn't rush back Bob this time, as there wasn't a point. The FO knows they can't make the playoffs.

Nothing like some back seat GM'ing.

LOL because the guy only made it 5 periods. Obviously not rushed.

And obviously you'd expect the players to say they're ready to go before they might be medically. They want to get on the ice. It's up to the medical / S&C staff to know when they will be ready physically. This group is a failure at that.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Wel according to Dispatch, it is a tear in the same exact spot as the previous tear. Shut down indefinitely.

Doctors are perplexed. No surgery solution.

Plan is to send him to Lourdes to bathe in the waters.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Yikes, that is bad news. I fear the Bob of old is done. And if that is true, that is one ugly contract. Only three more years at $7.5M though

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Korps is the goalie of the future. I say go with him the rest of the way. Start fresh next training camp

Agreed. Let Korps assume the starting role the rest of the way. Curtis can resume back-up duties once healthy. No sense in letting C-Mac start, he is and should always be a back-up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad