Injury Report: Bobrovsky out 3 weeks. UPDATE: activated 1/15 2ND UPDATE: re-injured 1/22

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Bobrovsky began following his own workout regiment last season, hoping to reverse the trend of missing long stretches of playing time with groin injuries. This is the third straight season in which he’s missed extensive time.

One possible solution: scaling back Bobrovsky’s notoriously rigorous workouts, or possibly giving him more rest between starts.

I just...

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I hope Torts goes to Three-C Body Shop to restore himself to full, pre-collision value.

Nationwide better not fight him on that and send him to a 'preferred' insurer

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I think the Bobrovsky injury may be effectively career-ending. Not that he can't recover from it, but he can't stay healthy for any meaningful period of time.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Joke of the year so far I would say.

5ajbeWB.gif

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
So, what to do with him? He's 27 and entering his prime, has three years after this one with a cap hit of 7.5m. If they look to trade him, we will have to retain at least 33% of the hit, Bob at 5 is way more attractive than Bob at 7.5. But even if they could/would do that, are there any teams "on the cusp" that need a starting goalie to push them over? Maybe a swap of a goalie that's making 4-5 million along with other things? Just floating some teams out there...Buffalo, Carolina, Calgary, Dallas, Ottawa? Just spitballin here

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think there's no way Bob gets moved. He's too good to give up on. At the very least you see how things shake out with him and Korpi next year.

Pathiic

Mar 13, 2014
Norway
Why even think about Bob getting traded?
He most likely wouldnt be in this situation in the first place if it werent for Torts saying he should play his first game in ages against the top team in NHL that further more is one of the nastiest Cross over pass teams in a decade.

I knew it the second i saw Bob was starting against capitals that he would either get hurt that game or any of the following.
Saw hints of him not spreading his legs enough against Capitals that something wasnt right, especially on the Powerplay when Ovie got his shots off.

Absolute trash call by Torts that he started Bob that early even though they are desperate.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Why even think about Bob getting traded?
He most likely wouldnt be in this situation in the first place if it werent for Torts saying he should play his first game in ages against the top team in NHL that further more is one of the nastiest Cross over pass teams in a decade.

I knew it the second i saw Bob was starting against capitals that he would either get hurt that game or any of the following.
Saw hints of him not spreading his legs enough against Capitals that something wasnt right, especially on the Powerplay when Ovie got his shots off.

Absolute trash call by Torts that he started Bob that early even though they are desperate.

Sounds to me like your beef is with the docs who cleared him to play. Candidly, that's not a bad place to start asking questions.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
No team would take BoBo in a trade until he proved hinself healthy over an exended period of time, and then, why would Columbus trade him?

It's not likely that Columbus can pawn off his injury risk to another team. He's either a huge injury risk and Columbus is stuck with him, or he's healthy and they would want to keep him.

Even if they trade him while he is healthy, his previous injury history means they would only get cents on the dollar of value. They would be fortunate to simply move him for cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad