Injury Report: Bobrovsky out 3 weeks. UPDATE: activated 1/15 2ND UPDATE: re-injured 1/22

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Play Korpisalo...I am telling you, he's going to be a quality NHL starting goalie.

At this point I'm anxious to see if he's legit. Hopefully he gets the nod before I head to Pittsburgh on the 21st, wins the job from CMac and we have something to show for with that game. ;)

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Now we get to see whether Torts has "overloyaltyitis" regarding goalies. Most coaches do.

CMac has not won a game since Feb 20th. He failed to hold onto the LA game and stunk to the high heavens last night. While the CBJ are probably out of it, I doubt Torts is conceding that yet.

Starting CMac again is akin to waving the white flag. Start the Korpse. That doesn't sound right.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I think its too early to go with Korpisalo. McE has been a good sport his entire tenure here, and Torts has even praised his work ethic. He deserves a few games in a row.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think its too early to go with Korpisalo. McE has been a good sport his entire tenure here, and Torts has even praised his work ethic. He deserves a few games in a row.

I mean look how hyped Forsberg was and he fell straight on his face.

But who knows maybe we'll get Steve Mason pt2. :sarcasm:

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Overworking the Bob and the Bob hurts his groin. No surprise here. C-Mac did pretty well when this happened in December (I think) a year to two ago. We'll see happens.

Exactly. Some people think goalies are machines you can turn on and off.
Starting all 5 b2b games is just crazy, especially when McElhinney isn't bad.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
As much as I respect CMac and think he can keep us in games - seeing him lay a stinker against Winnipeg has me a bit worried whether or not he might have declined more than anticipated.

Granted not much to go on - but still a bit worrying.

Interested to see Korp just for a possible spark if he were to come in and play lights out... could go a long way towards the morale of the guys.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
In 8 games CMac is 0-5-1 with a 3.15 GAA, and a .896 SP

That is bad.

It wasn't that bad until he got lit up the other night. He was around 2.5 with a around .912. Until this evening he allowed 7 goals in the last two games.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
In 8 games CMac is 0-5-1 with a 3.15 GAA, and a .896 SP

That is bad.

It might have been different if they didn't let McElhinney get cold many times and with the allowed rest for Bobrovsky he might still be playing.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He should take as much times as he needs. When I heard from the CBJ PR that he was ahead of schedule and saw him traveling around with the team during road trips I got worried they were trying to force him back too early to try to save this season. No use. Just let him rest until February if you have to.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
He should take as much times as he needs. When I heard from the CBJ PR that he was ahead of schedule and saw him traveling around with the team during road trips I got worried they were trying to force him back too early to try to save this season. No use. Just let him rest until February if you have to.

My thoughts exactly.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

This is probably what lead to him getting hurt in the first place.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I am thinking about picking Bob up for my fantasy league as Halak is injured is there an approx date for return

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Please tell me I read that ticker wrong. But I thought it said Bob was just PUT Bob back on IR..

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Has he had a previous injury going back to his teen days? Seems like he suffers a groin injury of differing severity every year

I suppose playing goalie would place great strain on those muscles

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Looks like he rushed it again. I mean every freakin time its the same thing. He hurts it he comes back too soon. When will he and the training staff catch on?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Looks like he rushed it again. I mean every freakin time its the same thing. He hurts it he comes back too soon. When will he and the training staff catch on?

I don't remember failed comebacks in the past. At least not mid-season. Ok I could be wrong on this one, but I don't remember that last year (as an example). He normally comes back and plays his best hockey after injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad