Player Discussion Bobby Ryan Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Should be kept away from the young guys on this team. Sorry but i dont want to see him back.
source.gif

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Great news, this can only be mean good things for Bobby personally.

I wouldn't mind if they just told him to stay home this season and get his mind right, but I'm sure the NHLPA might have something to say about that.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Should be kept away from the young guys on this team. Sorry but i dont want to see him back.

What a forgettable player, hope he's better though.

What the heck is wrong with you guys.

Aside from being a pretty good player when healthy (both physically and mentally), Bobby is one of the nicest guys in the league. Everyone who has ever had a personal encounter with him has had only good things to say about him.

I actually hope he is ready to go, and comes back and lights it up to prove to people he can still play in this league.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
[mod qdp]
sometimes lol, however i would say that calling bobby ryan a good hockey player is more controversial. nice guy, wish him well, but i don't want him on the sens. Honestly, i did completely forget all about him.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Playoff Bobby Ryan was lights out. There is a case for that with regular season Bobby Ryan though.

Which only makes a stronger case for him being one of the laziest players in the league.

He can clearly hustle and play like that, but he chooses not to put any effort. Despite his 7 mill salary.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Which only makes a stronger case for him being one of the laziest players in the league.

He can clearly hustle and play like that, but he chooses not to put any effort. Despite his 7 mill salary.

Does he not get a mulligan for the speculative "laziness" as you suggested considering what we now know? And by that, I am not suggesting I know details of his situation but what we do know is that there was something going on with Bobby and he had to seek help for it. That to me excuses whatever on-ice issues he faced because nobody can play the game at the required level in the NHL when things in life are not quite 90-100% mentally comfortable.

I think it is only fair to see how he does if and when he returns, and see how he plays from here on out.

Reactions: DrEasy

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019

Did you ever see the report that Hockey Night in Canada (Christine Simpson) did on his private life, about 5 years ago? It was hard to watch.
Then his Mother, the Lady at the center of the tragedy, passes away very young. Thus the poor women was not allowed to enjoy a peaceful life in her later years. And this guy had a front row seat.

How that guy gets up in the morning and functions is beyond me? If any of us were to go through what he did, would be overcome with stress, and would be unable to function.

Lazy is not a proper term to use here.

He, Anderson and any other player who have or are undergoing personal tragedies/hardships, must be admired for just being able to function.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Did you ever see the report that Hockey Night in Canada (Christine Simpson) did on his private life, about 5 years ago? It was hard to watch.
Then his Mother, the Lady at the center of the tragedy, passes away very young. Thus the poor women was not allowed to enjoy a peaceful life in her later years. And this guy had a front row seat.

How that guy gets up in the morning and functions is beyond me? If any of us were to go through what he did, would be overcome with stress, and would be unable to function.

He, Anderson and any other player who have or are undergoing personal tragedies/hardships, must be admired for just being able to function.

Good point, Ryan was VERY close with his mother (as most of us are) due to the situation early in his life with their father and Bobby's mom needing to work two jobs just to support them and allow him to play hockey. That is not an easy situation for anyone, and then for her to pass away due to illness at such a young age, and Bobby being a young guy looking to get married and start a family and to have to do it with no parents there for support...

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
His rehab was in Wuhan

On a real note, wonder how long he's been fighting whatever he's fighting and if it's been all his career. Would be nuts to think it's what made him a good vs picked behind Crosby level player.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
It would cost EM an ELC to let Ryan sit out. That is real world money. Bobby is going to collect a lot of money from the Sens assuming he doesn’t retire and give up his pay check. I doubt EM want’s to pay more for him to “fake retire”.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

I'm just saying if any of us put in as little effort as Bobby does at work, problems or not. We'd all be fired.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I'm just saying if any of us put in as little effort as Bobby does at work, problems or not. We'd all be fired.

Too bad the NHL does not work like that.

Also, coach thinks he will need sometime and that his time off is equivalent to missing training camp. He might not play in a game for at least a week or two:

Reactions: L'Aveuglette
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad