Player Discussion Bobby Ryan Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
he trained with TJohnson hopefully his hand issues are behind him.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ryan's only problem is being injury-prone. Although I suppose if your expectations are that he'll go back to being a 30+ goal, 70+ point player then you will always be disappointed with him.

Exactly, he peaked very young (21 to 23 y/o) but after that he’s been a consistent ~0.7 PPG player (which is 55-60 pts per 82 games), his last 2 years in Anaheim and his first 3 in Ottawa... The last 2 years he has been plagued by injuries as well as off-ice challenges but if you include his 2016 playoffs, he still put a 0.50-0.55 PPG (which is 40-45 pts per 82 games) in each season.

Staying healthy and playing consistently with good players could help him put over 50 pts again. Even in his 2 « disastrous » he wasn’t that far from that pace

branch

« Watch him get traded and put up a 25g 30a season with the new team just to spite Ottawa. »

Personally, I wouldn’t be very surprised if he was to play on a good offensive team. Talent is something you can’t teach and Ryan has plenty. Maybe not 25 goals as his shot is not as good as before due to injuries but something like 21 goals 35 assists

Reactions: topshelf15

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Dear lord he's signed for three more years after this.
We need a Robidas Island (call it Ryan Island or Ryan Atoll or something) where we can just bury him until his contract expires.
Maybe he can be less horrible if he's carried by Duchene and...Ceci. :help:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I honestly didn't think it was possible for Ryan to be worse and he's proving me wrong every time.

Lol, this guy is getting paid 7 million.

7 MILLION.

and the one time id actually welcome him to the team(in a tank season) we don't even have our 1st.

So now I have to cheer for Ryan to miraculously do well, even tho I know its not gonna happen.

Why am I being tortured like this.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Dear lord he's signed for three more years after this.
We need a Robidas Island (call it Ryan Island or Ryan Atoll or something) where we can just bury him until his contract expires.
Maybe he can be less horrible if he's carried by Duchene and...Ceci. :help:
Unfortunately you need an owner willing to pay him while he sits on said island.......Another reason why we need an owner that will make bad contracts disappear....Because they will happen

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Logic. Ryan’s salary is actually a blessing for the Melnyk out crowd. Without Ryan, they would be just over the cap but spending just ~52 M$ on the roster. Ryan’s salary -minus low salary replacement = ~7 M$ in Melnyk’s pocket

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Logic. Ryan’s salary is actually a blessing for the Melnyk out crowd. Without Ryan, they would be just over the cap but spending just ~52 M$ on the roster. Ryan’s salary -minus low salary replacement = ~7 M$ in Melnyk’s pocket

This whole season is going to be a blessing for the anti-Melnyk crowd.

This is going to be a historically bad season on and off the ice I think. I'd be glad to be wrong though, I'd much prefer the team to not suck honestly.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Interesting facts I have discovered concerning Ryan while making a post about Spezza. It's a long post and it might not be for everybody because sometimes facts don't fit narratives, so it's for people who don't totally hate him, basically the conclusion says that he has not really been overpaid outside of that 2016-17 REGULAR season (of course he was still overpaid in 2017-18 but anyway more details in the link below)

Heatley Revisted

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Interesting facts I have discovered concerning Ryan while making a post about Spezza. It's a long post and it might not be for everybody because sometimes facts don't fit narratives, so it's for people who don't totally hate him, basically the conclusion says that he has not really been overpaid outside of that 2016-17 REGULAR season (of course he was still overpaid in 2017-18 but anyway more details in the link below)

Heatley Revisted
I knew if I clicked on that link it would be a never ending post of words. And I did it anyway.
tenor.gif

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He should be waived as well.

And the point would be? Nobody would take him without sending salary back. And Melnyk doesn't like that sentence "salary back" so that's why he is still in Ottawa.

EDIT : If Smith and Ryan would get claimed (let's say based on your scenario), the team would actually be UNDER the cap floor, despite over 12 M$ in dead money (Mac, Gaborik, Pageau this season)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad