Player Discussion Bobby Ryan Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Bobby is one of those cases of players who didn't live up to the hype. We lost Alfie and he had big shoes to fill and came from a team where he played with two really good players that jacked his numbers up and was brought in hoping he could do the same here. He needs a change of scenery but his fat contract won't let that happen but their is one nuclear option we have, more on that later.

On the flip side

Bobby has been most injory prone player on this team since he showed up. He has the size and skill to play much better , proof of that was our playoff run where he had a very good playoffs.

He just does not bring the intensity every game and their is this thing called hockey IQ which I question about him.

The problem is you can't trade him , not even a bag of pucks becuase of his contract. How do you get this guy to play to his potential or better? Give him the 'C' , naa that sets a bad example for the youngsters. Demote to the 4th line, well he plays like he is on the 4th line already.

Their is no majic answer but I think their is one thing you could do, send him down to the AHL to ride the bus until he finds his game and his passion to play hockey and keep him their until he does. I see a lot of positive's in doing this. Not like we will miss him, right now he is taking up a roster spot that could be filled by someone else that will play with more passion.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
In the pre-season I made a bet that Chiasson would have more goals then Bobby Ryan this season. Some member accepted the bet, and now they better hope for a Bobby Ryan phone-call to Chiasson for scoring tips. I am up $100, an insulting letter to Bobby Ryan, and Bert will have to cancel his membership. Why bet on Bobby Ryan ever? ::

BONKTASTIC: “I'll put $50 actual, real life, Canadian dollars on Ryan having a higher GPG, if you want to actually put some skin in the game on this.” (I accepted this bet and will donate the money to the taps at the Big Rig)

THEBRADYBUNCH: “If you're right, I will delete my account and write a letter to Bobby Ryan outlining how his ****ty play cost me, and I will donate $50 to a charity of your choice. If you're wrong, you just write a complimentary letter to Ryan.” (Again the charity of my choice are the taps at the Big Rig Brewery. Can’t wait.)

BERT: Ill bet my membership on it. (Cool Bert, enjoy your last few months on HFboards, I’ll buy you a Beer at the Big Rig with Bontastic and Bradybunches money to ease the sting of defeat.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Bobby is one of those cases of players who didn't live up to the hype. We lost Alfie and he had big shoes to fill and came from a team where he played with two really good players that jacked his numbers up and was brought in hoping he could do the same here. He needs a change of scenery but his fat contract won't let that happen but their is one nuclear option we have, more on that later.

On the flip side

Bobby has been most injory prone player on this team since he showed up. He has the size and skill to play much better , proof of that was our playoff run where he had a very good playoffs.

He just does not bring the intensity every game and their is this thing called hockey IQ which I question about him.

The problem is you can't trade him , not even a bag of pucks becuase of his contract. How do you get this guy to play to his potential or better? Give him the 'C' , naa that sets a bad example for the youngsters. Demote to the 4th line, well he plays like he is on the 4th line already.

Their is no majic answer but I think their is one thing you could do, send him down to the AHL to ride the bus until he finds his game and his passion to play hockey and keep him their until he does. I see a lot of positive's in doing this. Not like we will miss him, right now he is taking up a roster spot that could be filled by someone else that will play with more passion.
Are we watching the same player here? He’s not worth his contract but he’s been an effective nhl player all year. He was on a 50 point pace before his recent concussion. Why would he be sent to the AHL?

Reactions: ThreePosts

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

On the flip side

NMC.

Reactions: topshelf15

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
In the pre-season I made a bet that Chiasson would have more goals then Bobby Ryan this season. Some member accepted the bet, and now they better hope for a Bobby Ryan phone-call to Chiasson for scoring tips. I am up $100, an insulting letter to Bobby Ryan, and Bert will have to cancel his membership. Why bet on Bobby Ryan ever? ::

BONKTASTIC: “I'll put $50 actual, real life, Canadian dollars on Ryan having a higher GPG, if you want to actually put some skin in the game on this.” (I accepted this bet and will donate the money to the taps at the Big Rig)

THEBRADYBUNCH: “If you're right, I will delete my account and write a letter to Bobby Ryan outlining how his ****ty play cost me, and I will donate $50 to a charity of your choice. If you're wrong, you just write a complimentary letter to Ryan.” (Again the charity of my choice are the taps at the Big Rig Brewery. Can’t wait.)

BERT: Ill bet my membership on it. (Cool Bert, enjoy your last few months on HFboards, I’ll buy you a Beer at the Big Rig with Bontastic and Bradybunches money
to ease the sting of defeat.

f***ing Chiasson with a goal in his last 3 games lol
Already at 15
Been 3 years already since Bobby last reached 15

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I thought Ryan was pretty good in his 1st game back vs Detroit and he had zero energy in the back to back vs Montreal. Just coming back from a concussion where training hard would be difficult. I have never liked Ryan's conditioning level in general but hoping he can bounce back a little and be a positive.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
[Mod QDP]

[Mod]

Ryan has shown 2 outbursts of emotion and both were when he felt there was disrespect (Turris and the MAC knockout hit). When burke took a run at him, he disappeared. So in conclusion, who knows if he’ll show up next game.

Last edited by a moderator:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I thought Ryan was pretty good in his 1st game back vs Detroit and he had zero energy in the back to back vs Montreal. Just coming back from a concussion where training hard would be difficult. I have never liked Ryan's conditioning level in general but hoping he can bounce back a little and be a positive.

Been waiting for years (minus that stretch in the team's last playoffs apperance where he came up big). Not gonna happen other than streaks here and there. Bobby Ryan sucks ass.

Reactions: Beville

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wonder what Dorion would have done if it was Bobby Ryan's gf that was allegedly doing the things accused of Hoffman's GF.. Who would he have traded Ryan to and how much would it have cost him?

Reactions: Sensators

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I wonder what Dorion would have done if it was Bobby Ryan's gf that was allegedly doing the things accused of Hoffman's GF.. Who would he have traded Ryan to and how much would it have cost him?

Siberia and two pails of pucks

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Ryan was tired of the negativity and people saying things that are not true. Not really shocking sounds like many sites on the internet these days.

Reactions: dany milkbag

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
No warnings have been issued so far but please stop the political, social political and player accusations. All will be removed.

Thanks for cooperating

Last edited:
Reactions: Deku and Xspyrit

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Feisty Bobby Ryan is good Bobby Ryan. I predict that he'll go on a bit of a run for about the next ten games. As for Chaisson, how is Patrick Maroon doing in St. Louis now that he is no longer riding the McJesus gravy train? You have to heavily discount anything any player does while living off the avails of a generational player...

Reactions: aragorn

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Bobby Ryan has 523 NHL points. You have to be freaking good in today's hockey to produce that kind of numbers. The thing is some would say "he did it mostly in Anaheim" but it's not true, he has produced a fairly big amount of points in Ottawa.

In Anaheim : 378 Games 147 Goals 142 Assists 289 Points, 0.76 PPG

In Ottawa : 385 Games 93 Goals 141 Assists 234 Points, 0.61 PPG

Same number of assists, less goals, which is probably due to his hands being affected by multiple injuries which is why he doesn't have a deadly shot like before. It's the only difference in terms of production but he rounded out his game over the years since he isn't scoring as much as before.

Sure, he is not fast nor the perfect player but the constant harping on how much he "sucks", etc is more reflective of bias or just internet's Pejorative Slurness.

Reactions: aragorn

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Bobby Ryan has 523 NHL points. You have to be freaking good in today's hockey to produce that kind of numbers. The thing is some would say "he did it mostly in Anaheim" but it's not true, he has produced a fairly big amount of points in Ottawa.

In Anaheim : 378 Games 147 Goals 142 Assists 289 Points, 0.76 PPG

In Ottawa : 385 Games 93 Goals 141 Assists 234 Points, 0.61 PPG

Same number of assists, less goals, which is probably due to his hands being affected by multiple injuries which is why he doesn't have a deadly shot like before. It's the only difference in terms of production but he rounded out his game over the years since he isn't scoring as much as before.

Sure, he is not fast nor the perfect player but the constant harping on how much he "sucks", etc is more reflective of bias or just internet's ******ness.

There's no question he's trending down though. I'd honestly be surprised if he ever hits the numbers he did in his first few years in Ottawa. The numbers the last 2 and a half years aren't very flattering. It also doesn't help that he's pretty 1 dimensional and with his offensive numbers slipping I don't really see an issue with anyone calling him out for his play.

I think it's a mixture of a lot of factors (his on-ice play, his contract, his injuries) but this guy hasn't lived up to his contract or his hype and as such is (understandly) a lightning rod for criticism.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
There's no question he's trending down though. I'd honestly be surprised if he ever hits the numbers he did in his first few years in Ottawa. The numbers the last 2 and a half years aren't very flattering. It also doesn't help that he's pretty 1 dimensional and with his offensive numbers slipping I don't really see an issue with anyone calling him out for his play.

I think it's a mixture of a lot of factors (his on-ice play, his contract, his injuries) but this guy hasn't lived up to his contract or his hype and as such is (understandly) a lightning rod for criticism.

Not that the guy isn't trying but the game has changed with the youth movement and above all, the speed of the game. As a result, even when he does back-check he labours and is gassed when the team transitions to offence.
He is a good playmaker when time and space permit but I agree that he has peaked and is definitely trending down.

Reactions: Cosmix and Xspyrit

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

He hasn't lived up to being a good hockey player period I think everyone expected Ryan to come in and produce a la Duchene But in stead he seems like he is dong just enough to stay in the lineup. It really seems like he doesn't care about playing hockey professionally. He looks like a lazy athlete.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Also because it’s Bobby people forget or dimiss his playoff performance. He was by far our best forward. If it was Turris or Stone or some other well liked player that had that performance people would still be talking about it, yet with Bobby it’s almost like it never even happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad