Player Discussion Bobby Ryan Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
To be fair you could make that comparison for many players and end up with the same conclusion. Chiasson will never keep that pace.

Considering that only 30 NHL players have more than 10 goals at the moment... it's more a statement on how well Chiasson has been doing. Alex was a major scapegoat in Ottawa, how many times have I read that he wasn't even a NHL player. Only Duchene and Dzingel have as many goals as AC on the Sens. Only McDavid and Draisaitl have more on the Oilers. You could look around every team and realize that he has been producing at a 48 goals pace (10 goals in 17 games). Obviously, he wouldn't score as much in a full season but that's quite impressive.

As we speak, Chiasson is 15th in the whole NHL in Goals per Game... and would be even higher looking at Goals per 60

2018-19 NHL Skater Miscellaneous Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

The post you quoted is totally disingenuous, don't think anybody is stupid enough to fall for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
To be fair you could make that comparison for many players and end up with the same conclusion. Chiasson will never keep that pace.
I have seen McDavid actually use Ciaisson for a bank shot 3 times. He did it again last night. A rocking chair could put up 15 goals playing with McDavid.

Exhibit A - Pat Marion.

Reactions: FlyingJ

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Ryan is a lot better of a hockey player than Chiasson. Ignoring stats, anybody can watch the two and see the immense talent gap.

Even so, if we're purely going by goals, Ryan who was a shell of himself with his ridiculous hand injuries out scored Chiasson 24 to 21 in the previous two seasons. It's not even close if we go farther back to Ryan as a Sen without the hand injuries. That's also with Ryan having 20 or so less GP during that period.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Considering that only 30 NHL players have more than 10 goals at the moment... it's more a statement on how well Chiasson has been doing. Alex was a major scapegoat in Ottawa, how many times have I read that he wasn't even a NHL player. Only Duchene and Dzingel have as many goals as AC on the Sens. Only McDavid and Draisaitl have more on the Oilers. You could look around every team and realize that he has been producing at a 48 goals pace (10 goals in 17 games). Obviously, he wouldn't score as much in a full season but that's quite impressive.

As we speak, Chiasson is 15th in the whole NHL in Goals per Game... and would be even higher looking at Goals per 60

2018-19 NHL Skater Miscellaneous Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

The post you quoted is totally disingenuous, don't think anybody is stupid enough to fall for it.
Well he was extremely unimpressive in Ottawa.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 9.41.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 9.41.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 9.41.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 9.42.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 9.42.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 9.42.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 9.42.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 9.42.55 PM.png

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I liked the sequence today when he got the puck atop the right circle in an odd man situation and seemed to trip on himself and had to swing around wildly get a 270 degree backhand shot on goal.

It's crazy how bad he is and how he's in no way a threat to score anymore.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I liked the sequence today when he got the puck atop the right circle in an odd man situation and seemed to trip on himself and had to swing around wildly get a 270 degree backhand shot on goal.

It's crazy how bad he is and how he's in no way a threat to score anymore.

Nah it's just a mental thing for Ryan. He's hot trash cause he's mentally fragile. When he has confidence he pulls this off:

How many times have we seen him fall down instead the season before the playoffs? Pisses me off.

I believe if we trade him he can still go on another tear for a playoff team. Just once until his mind takes over.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Gosh some people Really do sound stupid

Thing is I don’t care anymore, I have finally accepted that it’s just the way it is. Like that guy walking yesterday who threw me the finger and was screaming insults because I was partially taking some of the space from his path, he started running away when I got out of the car lmao

Reactions: Clayonator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad