Player Discussion Bobby Ryan Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The only key to Ryan's game for any type of success is simplicity. When he tries to dangle or make a pass that does not involve two hands on his stick he is doomed to fall and roll over in agony and embarrassment. When he keeps it simple and literally makes simple passes, he creates chances.

With Ryan, LESS is WAYYYY more.

Reactions: Karlstrobe

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Ryan looking like Ryan. Welcome back
he looked very good again tonight....these last 2 games Ryan could have 5 more assists if guys could put the puck in the net. .. he still isn't shooting like he used to

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
he looked very good again tonight....these last 2 games Ryan could have 5 more assists if guys could put the puck in the net. .. he still isn't shooting like he used to

Ryan will never shoot like he used too.

Too many free whacks at his hands have nearly crippled him.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Ryan will never shoot like he used too.

Too many free whacks at his hands have nearly crippled him.
I agree ... he used to be able to rip it and he cannot anymore....he does look very good on the left side on that pp setup

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I agree ... he used to be able to rip it and he cannot anymore....he does look very good on the left side on that pp setup

In his playoff run success he posted up beside the left post and did all his damage there. He's been on the outside a bit to much for such a big man, he should get closer to the net, seems to have more success that way.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
weaving passing shooting hitting hes been a monster past three games... I understand why some are nervous to get on the bandwagon but if you bash on him every bad game you have to give credit when he has a couple good ones.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Not jimd him but he is over-due for hand injury about now...jk... Hay I have bashed on him but would live him to play at his best and only continue to do so. Send him to Gary Roberts next off-season and see what he can do when he is a lean cut mean machine! Good Luck Bobby.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
In his playoff run success he posted up beside the left post and did all his damage there. He's been on the outside a bit to much for such a big man, he should get closer to the net, seems to have more success that way.

Maybe, though he’s really good at creating space for his linemates, it’s hard for him to do that from in front of the net. He’s the best on the team at drawing in opponents and then putting it on a teammates stick. It’s a valuable skill.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Maybe, though he’s really good at creating space for his linemates, it’s hard for him to do that from in front of the net. He’s the best on the team at drawing in opponents and then putting it on a teammates stick. It’s a valuable skill.
Also gets a chance to shoot more further out

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Bobby is on pace for 20 goals and 50 points for the first time in a while (excluding the 17 playoffs). I hope he stays healthy because his Renaissance has been nice to watch and he’s been especially great on the PP! It would also make it much easier to trade him this summer or next deadline (2020).

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Bobby is on pace for 20 goals and 50 points for the first time in a while (excluding the 17 playoffs). I hope he stays healthy because his Renaissance has been nice to watch and he’s been especially great on the PP! It would also make it much easier to trade him this summer or next deadline (2020).
I don't think it will. Nobody wants a 7 million dollar player with confidence issues.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I don't think it will. Nobody wants a 7 million dollar player with confidence issues.

Yeah, I was gonna say, that ship has probably sailed.

That being said, if we're gonna be "stuck" with the guy through the length of his contract it's extremely positive that he's rebounding the way he has so far.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

If we can trade Phaneuf and retain a tad, I don’t see why we can’t do the same for Bobby. Especially if he continues to rebound.

Fun fact: Phaneuf has 0 goals 0 points and -12 over 16 games :laugh:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ryan has been good to start this season & it's good to see,it's not $7.5 great but so much better than last yr, so far. He's a very skilled forward, puck handler & playmaker giving Ottawa another line with a setup guy on it. IMO Ryan, Dzingel & Tierny are a good line that can be as dangerous as any line. :thumbu: However, this team as a whole needs to be better defensively & start reducing the number of shots & goals against, they have to be tougher to play against.

I'd be against trading Ryan since he does so many things well when he's healthy & Ottawa could use more skill in their lineup unless it was for a good return. He is over paid but there is nothing that can be done about it so until he is moved I hope he continues to play well & setup his teammates with some nice plays.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
If we can trade Phaneuf and retain a tad, I don’t see why we can’t do the same for Bobby. Especially if he continues to rebound.

Fun fact: Phaneuf has 0 goals 0 points and -12 over 16 games :laugh:
10 times out of 10 if teams had the option to take either Phaneuf or Ryan teams would take Phaneuf. Phaneuf is still still a good defenseman just not top 4 anymore. He is way more reliable season in and season out than Ryan is. LA is also the worst team in the league. That's not because of Phaneuf as a bottom pairing D. He at least leads the team in hits. :)

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
On pace for 55pts, wouldn't be too far off to being what 7.5M players produce.

If the PP continues to be good, he can easily hit 60+

Reactions: Clayonator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: