News Article: Bob McKenzie: Link Between Subban's Usage and Contract Negotiations (UPDATE OP)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Good job avoiding the real question.
What question would you like me to answer? Ask it. I won't dodge it.

PK has been the most stand up guy, handled all his previous situations like a champ, but all you want to do is insinuate he has no character so you can slam Habs management.
Please explain what you mean by this statement because it doesn't make any sense.

PK would never do that and it disappoints me that PK fans would insinuate that PK would stoop to that level.
Meehan would do it in a second.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Subban's defensive zone lapses are so overstated that it is becoming extremely annoying to read. He is not any more prone to erring on the ice than any other defenseman on this team, or in the league for that matter. Even Chara in his norris prime was prone to one or two bigg gaffs a game, but it didn't bother anyone because he had this image of the ultimate complete defenseman.

People are still clinging to a false image and narrative of Subban as an offensive defenseman who is high risk and confirm that image by pointing to his errors. But, like I said, he isn't any more prone to errors than other good defensemen in the league. It is just a superficial way to detract from his talent and contributions. And when that justification of that image fails, people invoke his "character" to continue the detraction.

It's sad that people don't see how special of a player Subban is. It's even sadder that the management and coaching staff doesn't either and too fall victim to those false narratives.

Just for the hell of it, substitute Bergevin's name for Subban in your post (and change the job description as well) and see how that sounds.

Chiarelli was hired by the Bruins in 2006. The Bruins won the Cup in 2011.

Puts a whole new perspective on things. Right? Also shows a lot of false narratives flying all around from all directions.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Welp, Doug MaClean and the other dude on SportsNet Hockey Central both said Therrien is wrong for how he has played and treated PK.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Welp, Doug MaClean and the other dude on SportsNet Hockey Central both said Therrien is wrong for how he has played and treated PK.
Aron Ward tonight on TSN seemed puzzled by it too. He was asked why PK was getting the shaft and he said "If I had to guess..."

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Well hell. Doug MacLean is an expert.:sarcasm:

His coaching record is 107 wins and 114 losses.

Even the perennial loser Jacques Martin has more wins than losses.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Aron Ward tonight on TSN seemed puzzled by it too. He was asked why PK was getting the shaft and he said "If I had to guess..."

Cmon LG. Aaron Ward played for the Boston Bruins. What do you think he's going to say to stir the **** even harder?:laugh::laugh:

Habsterix*

People are stretching the truth so far that I'm afraid they'll have stretch marks.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Do you honestly think of Doug MacLean as a really sharp coach?

Would you want him as coach of the Habs?

Edit......Sportsnet. As in Sportsnet that televises all of the Senators and Leafs games?

I think you are reaching if you expect MacLean to say something positive regarding the Habs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
People are stretching the truth so far that I'm afraid they'll have stretch marks.
Yeah, but not you. You'd never say anything for the sake of being an apologist.

Boy that money we spent on our over the hill project named Briere sure was low risk. Hell, we've low risked that cash right into the toilet. Please tell us again how great these offseason moves have been.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Do you honestly think of Doug MacLean as a really sharp coach?

Would you want him as coach of the Habs?

Edit......Sportsnet. As in Sportsnet that televises all of the Senators and Leafs games?

I think you are reaching if you expect MacLean to say something positive regarding the Habs.
If it was just him, sure dismiss it. But he's part of a growing chorus wondering wtf we're doing here in Montreal. Like it or not this is a story and it's been growing in recent days. And it's not going to go away until MT stops throwing the guy under the bus.

If the Habs don't want this attention, they should go about things in a different way.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
the media trashes pk, they're being unfair.

the media questions therrien's decisions, like 90% of this board, and it's hoopla.

Saintpatrick*

The media especially the Toronto media is just eating this up with a spoon and stirring the pot to invent a story. You notice they don't do any of that **** when it comes to the Laffs.

They asked MT about Subban's ice time and he said it was because we only had one PP. So that that with a grain of salt who knows if its true or not. Why he doesn't play him on the PK is another matter. I don't understand why they're playing games with this kid and why players like DD and the cube get off scott free.

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
Those over-sensitive, fanatic "subbaniatics" on this board are something else. So, are we done full circle in this over the top love fest and ready to swing race card again?

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
If Subban ends up going to arbitration and getting a 2 year deal so he can walk as a UFA it will be very hard to cheer for this team going forward. How a franchise with such a rich history of class can allow this type of two-bit **** to go and on over the past couple years is beyond me.

Even if all this is overreaction, for the fact alone that it's even a possibility is unacceptable to me.

They did it to Lafleur and the Rocket. This classy organisation never existed when it came to taming its superstars. Unless you walked and talked the company line like Beliveau.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
This controversy will help Subban in his negociations. The Habs hate controversies. Me likey a lot. I think Subbanwill sign in the next two months.

There certainly must be something going on. It's funny we haven't heard the gm's take on the subject.

Saintpatrick*

This controversy will help Subban in his negociations. The Habs hate controversies. Me likey a lot. I think Subbanwill sign in the next two months.

There certainly must be something going on. It's funny we haven't heard the gm's take on the subject.

He might sign but for how much money and how long a term? I could see either of these scenarios happening:

1) They sign him to a 2-3 year deal and he becomes a UFA and jumps ship
2) MB jerks him around like last time and negotiations drag out till the start of next season.

I'm hoping his agent gets all he can from this organization that has shown him little respect.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
PK is the greatest player we have had since Roy. I love the guy and he is a winner. But if I say he is just okay in the D-zone and not great all h*ll and brimstone is raised.

PK will be here long after MT is fired because he is a Hab in heart.

MT has done a good job with the young guys but if he does not figure out how to deal with PK he will soon be gone. Everyone says MT can not make adjustments during the game which is true..........so if he does not realize like yesterday that PK is very special he will be gone.

If Molson has any backbone he better step up soon because he is like god for the whole organization and we sure do not want another Roy saga that has killed us from winning another cup.

PK stays ........If MT doesn't learn then he is gone....simple I think

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Was not a fan of Therrien being brought in as a coach last year and even less so now. Hope this clown does not mess with PK to the point that he is soured on staying in Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad