Post-Game Talk: Bob Cole Farewell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
If we lose to Boston I'm going to be doing some serious evaluating over the summer.

I hope the boys can pull this together and beat the Bruins but when you have 7 wins in the last 20 games it's hard to even expect a close series.

Starting to feel like I've wasted enough time out of my life following this team

Boy that's never a good feeling. Not that I've ever felt that way with this highly-skilled group. Time is the most valuable thing. If as a fan you feel you're wasting time then you should step back for a bit, take a break.

Sports or any kind of entertainment should bring you relaxation and joy. If it's stressing you out and leaving you with regret then it's counter productive. JMO.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Boy that's never a good feeling. Not that I've ever felt that way with this highly-skilled group. Time is the most valuable thing. If as a fan you feel you're wasting time then you should step back for a bit, take a break.

Sports or any kind of entertainment should bring you relaxation and joy. If it's stressing you out and leaving you with regret then it's counter productive. JMO.

Well said.

I think the fact that we have such a highly skilled group and yet we still look like garbage many nights is what is getting to me.

I had a lot less issues with this team when we just weren't very good because I had no expectations.

I'm hoping to watch the play offs and then take the summer off from all hockey.

Maybe that will reset my system.

Reactions: yubbers

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Its like almost everyone writing here always has there worst day ever. "Hmm i feel sick... oh look a place were i can vomit" "Baaaaarrrffff!!!". Attention this is not a barfbag it is a supporter/fan site. Barf in your own bag, and dont bring it here like its some kind of fancy dinner doggybag. Stay strong, stay supportive or stay away.

"You cant come and say what i should do or not" I just did, you wanna barf about it? Then make a barf thread and leave the barf there.

We will crush Boston(with soft finess), this is a new season start. And this season that just ended started realy good.

Reactions: egd27 and Loosie

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Isn’t this a thread about Bob Cole.

God love him, he’s part of the fabric of the game, and will be missed. Nice touch having the camera on him at the end of the game.

Reactions: Lilou

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
We've pretty much been a lock against Boston since January. It's been a strange season that way, which partially explains the ups and downs. We still look dominant when we're engaged and competing hard, one assumes that won't be a problem come playoffs. There's still plenty of room for optimism, now let's we if this team learned anything from last year.....

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Rask had a bad night too.

Truth is, everyone starts with a clean slate on Thursday.
We shall see whose slate is cleaner. I bet our slate is just a tad more messy than the Bruin's slate on Thursday.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Well said.

I think the fact that we have such a highly skilled group and yet we still look like garbage many nights is what is getting to me.

I had a lot less issues with this team when we just weren't very good because I had no expectations.

I'm hoping to watch the play offs and then take the summer off from all hockey.

Maybe that will reset my system.
This. The Stars aligned and now is our chance. But it seems management is hell bent on messing it up as usual. It's nice to have expectations for your team again I guess. But I feel like we managed to mess up something very good by hiring a rookie gm. He's had a rough first year. I have no faith in him handling contracts anymore. Every agent will go for good jugular cause he's soft

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
We've pretty much been a lock against Boston since January. It's been a strange season that way, which partially explains the ups and downs. We still look dominant when we're engaged and competing hard, one assumes that won't be a problem come playoffs. There's still plenty of room for optimism, now let's we if this team learned anything from last year.....
should be fun. The fanbase is volatile and most people know what is at stake. If I were willy, I'd move my furniture into storage, move into a hotel and have a get out of town quick bag packed. A first round loss with poor production out of him will fire up the lynch mob.

Reactions: DarkKnight

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
This. The Stars aligned and now is our chance. But it seems management is hell bent on messing it up as usual. It's nice to have expectations for your team again I guess. But I feel like we managed to mess up something very good by hiring a rookie gm. He's had a rough first year. I have no faith in him handling contracts anymore. Every agent will go for good jugular cause he's soft

This season is the mirror reflection of Dubas. We lost home ice because of Sparks. We lost 3mths of Nylander because he can't negotiate. We lost about 3m so far to overpays and so we will lose Jake Gardiner pretty much for sure.

Obviously there is more than just that... Awful.

Reactions: yubbers

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This season is the mirror reflection of Dubas. We lost home ice because of Sparks. We lost 3mths of Nylander because he can't negotiate. We lost about 3m so far to overpays and so we will lose Jake Gardiner pretty much for sure.

Obviously there is more than just that... Awful.

Yup!

Marner now is going to look for around 10 to 11 AAV on a 5 year term there is no rationale for dubas to say no to that with Marner being the leafs best forward; taking hard match ups (including last season beside kadri) and now also a valuable PKer.

Dubas effed up so big people don't realize it; and his fanboys piss the hell out of me

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Yup!

Marner now is going to look for around 10 to 11 AAV on a 5 year term there is no rationale for dubas to say no to that with Marner being the leafs best forward; taking hard match ups (including last season beside kadri) and now also a valuable PKer.

Dubas effed up so big people don't realize it; and his fanboys piss the hell out of me

Maybe, just maybe, we give him longer then 10 months before declaring hes a failure?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The fans are probably mostly younger millennial types that like his glasses and virtue signallings. It's the vote for this guy because he looks presidential or prime ministerial crowd. The I like his smile crowd.

It's the kinda stuff that makes this here half empty bottle of crown make sense at 10am on a Sunday morning.

Oh please. Ive watched decades of "Hockey Men" run this team into the ground.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
You know you're getting old :wally: when, you were cheering for the Leafs before Bob Cole announced his 1st NHL game (April 24, 1969) and you just finished watching his last (April 6, 2019), after 50 NHL seasons.

Then it hits you :eek2:, the Leafs won 0 X Stanley Cups and played in 0 X Stanley Cup finals during :bow: Bob Cole's entire illustrious 50 year career calling Leaf games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warden of the North

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
It’s easy to say another GM would’ve got different results cause we will never know.

Michael Nylander imo was driving that bus so he wouldn’t have been necessarily swayed by a more experienced gm.

You can’t really play hardball with Mathews and it’s not really the amount it’s the term that bothered me.

Other than that, signing Tavares and Muzzin were good ideas. Marner playing amazing is not a problem for me and yes he will get paid....which may force a move but another GM may not have been able to force him to negotiate earlier either.

Bunch of moaning

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You know you're getting old :wally: when, you were cheering for the Leafs before Bob Cole announced his 1st NHL game (April 24, 1969) and you just finishing watching his last (April 6, 2019), after 50 NHL seasons.

Then it hits you :eek2:, the Leafs won 0 X Stanley Cups and played in 0 X Stanley Cup finals during :bow: Bob Cole's entire illustrious 50 year career calling Leaf games.

Stop it lol, please. It's the would that never heals completely. Every time it looks like it may we get some GM that goes full nutcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad