Post-Game Talk: Bob Cole Farewell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Sure. The same group that led the league in GA last year.

You should thank the stars that Dubas acquired Muzzin, because without him we'd have the softest D-core in the league according to your logic.

Steep price but I wasn't against it.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I see what he is about... I mostly see missed opportunities by the bushel full ..hence my wondering what any other top six winger in the league would be like. Maybe turn 21 mostly lucky goals into 35 or 40...I don't think it is unrealistic considering who the set-up man is and the potential to take the focus off JT to score. Anyway,Babs isn't gonna change,he has to keep doing the same crap over and over to prove it might work one time!
I think you are failing to see what Hyman is..... its sad how you think he is a 4th line scrub, thankfully you are no where near making any decisions for the leafs

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The results are clearly in their favor if we're using Goals Against. How much of it is goaltending and/or coaching related is subjective.
I think almost all of it is, since we know how they performed last year with worse coaching and goaltending. The Leafs do have superior individual defensemen, but they don't play as well as a group (our forwards are also lousy defensively)

Reactions: weems

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I think you are failing to see what Hyman is..... its sad how you think he is a 4th line scrub, thankfully you are no where near making any decisions for the leafs
On what other team is he a top six player? Don't be sad! The Leafs haven't won anything under Babs genius yet! I doubt they will!

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Was great to hear Bob one last time. Was privileged to hear him since the early 90s. Glad he got to see his favourite team win on his last game.

For the Leafs...an expected ugly game. Andersen looked good besides the brief collision he took.

I'm hoping they bring the type of game I saw them play against Tampa most recently in the playoff matchup against Boston. So pumped we're in the dance for the third straight year.

Enjoy your night everyone. The real season starts now. Hope you're ready!

Reactions: Leafblooded

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
willy.jpg

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Farewell Bob Cole. It’s been great listening to him, although we’ve had a lot less of him the past few years. It’s amazing the same cast of trolls can turn this thread into some kind of Leaf critique instead of appreciating his last game.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Listened to your whole career Bob going to miss you voice and enthusiasm.

We were blessed to have you follow Foster and a better broadcast will be hard to find. A legend has retired.

Reactions: yubbers

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That's 3 straight years in the playoffs for da young gunz! I'm a little disappointed they were in cruise control since like............January. :laugh:

Pretty unacceptable how asleep at the wheel the Leafs have been since December...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
not really. Rielly, Muzzin, Gardiner, Dermott matches up pretty decently to Chara, McAvoy, Krug, and Carlo. Boston might have an edge, but it's pretty fair
Their defensemen\pairings are better balanced and dont make many mistakes while Leafs only have Zaitsev as decent right handed defenseman, which one isnt a quality top 4... On another side, Reilly is the best D on both teams but at the end, I think Bruins D-core in the whole is easily superior to yours... Your offense is what might make the difference on your side if everything clicks at the same time...

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
I think our biggest disadvantage against Boston is our coaching. We lose in that department easily.
Really ?? against Cassidy? Cassidy was struggling to get OHL jobs 10 years ago. I can't get behind that narrative. He's doing a good job with Boston for sure but maybe he's been given the right personnel.

KLM-Line

May 8, 2007
Munich
This is all the world needed to know. We will b e crushed by Boston and the Habs beat us, too. 2019. Great year. Thank u Autin, Willie & TommyBoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad