Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Not sure where to put this but it involves BandB

Torts spoke of the mess the locker room was in

What is the scoop? Anyone know what happened?

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Not sure where to put this but it involves BandB

Torts spoke of the mess the locker room was in

What is the scoop? Anyone know what happened?

I don’t think he was referring to anything specific, just you know...the “distraction” of the contract issues with B n B. The unfortunate medical situations with 71’s family, etc... it has been a roller coaster year! At least that’s how I took it.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Just trying to put myself in their shoes, I see this year's "drama" roughly this way:

1. The team isn't quite clicking with the system the coach is trying to get us to play, frustration builds up and confidence wanes. This is with a hotheaded coach that sucks the oxygen out of the room, and amplifies rather than calms emotional swings. "Safe is Death" is death for Bob and the D group.

2. Panarin spends a lot more time talking in Russian interviews (all of which we as his teammates read) than he does in actually talking to us as teammates. He's been on this side of the pond for almost four years and he still has a massive language barrier and doesn't hang out with non-Russians. He jokes about his bad linemates to the Russian media but doesn't even talk with them. They did meet before the Calgary game and have played much better since, but still, this should have been handled ages ago. His upcoming move is something we could get over, that's his business, but the inability to communicate drags things out and makes everything much more awkward.

3. Combine the dysfunction of items #1 and #2 with the added pressure of loading up at the deadline and it's a combustible mix.

4. For a stretch, Bob put his drama above the team. This was issue #1 while it was happening but it didn't continue.

5. The PP stank so badly in the first half, it sucked the life out of the club.

Everything added together is just very tiring. At the same time, let's hope this level of adversity inures them to the ups and downs of the playoffs.

Reactions: Madifer

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Yeah, the good thing about playing in FL is that it'd be easy to get to know all the fans on a first name basis. :sarcasm:
Atleast Bob won’t have to worry about playoff pressure :D. Seriously though , coach Q is headed there , almost seems like Bread heading this is a forgone conclusion , as is Bob

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
According to George Richards,from a few sources. A trade between Florida and Columbus will be made prior to July 1st. Probably the rights to both Bob and Panarin. For both, what can we get? 4th and a 5th? 4th this year and 4th next year? If one or both signs, picks improve to a 3rd?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
According to George Richards,from a few sources. A trade between Florida and Columbus will be made prior to July 1st. Probably the rights to both Bob and Panarin. For both, what can we get? 4th and a 5th? 4th this year and 4th next year? If one or both signs, picks improve to a 3rd?

Link?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Recap: Q&A with Panthers reporter George Richards, Apr. 9

Question: Chances FLA trades for Bob and/or Panarin negotiating rights when CBJ’s playoff run is over or is management confident in letting them hit the market and winding up in South Florida on July 1?

Answer: I have heard from a few places that the Panthers and Jackets are going to do something before July 1. A lot can happen between now and then. I doubt Jarmo and the Jackets are thinking about anything other than the Lightning right now.

Richards was the Dispatch beat writer last year for the CBJ and has lifelong connections (and obviously currently covers) the Panthers. I assume this is as close to legit as it gets. He doesn't specify what he's heard, but yeah.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

This doesn't make much sense to me. There is now a one week period before July 1 that teams can"negotiate" with UFA's. Why give up draft picks to get a head start? It would, however, make some sense if the deal is done as soon as the Jackets Cup run is over. Say in less than 2 weeks from now to get all the prima donna points ironed out.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Pretty surprising they've already turned the page even before the playoffs.
Those were put up for playoffs last year, and they were there whole season, So imagine the cost for changing 2 posters in the summer, what it's going to be like? 10K-15K? Can't afford that.

2199_h.jpg

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This doesn't make much sense to me. There is now a one week period before July 1 that teams can"negotiate" with UFA's. Why give up draft picks to get a head start? It would, however, make some sense if the deal is done as soon as the Jackets Cup run is over. Say in less than 2 weeks from now to get all the prima donna points ironed out.

Why wouldn't you want a head start in negotiations? Seems valuable to me. It's also possible the teams work out an NBA style sign-and-trade so the Panthers can offer the 8th year of the contract. That's worth even more.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

Yeah I wouldn't think we would get much back for those rights? Unless of course we're taking back a salary/player they don't want.

Duchene S&T would get a return (because it would also cost us a 1st round pick and likely require us to take back a contract) assuming a deal with Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad