Speculation: Bob and Bread combo thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Blue Jackets' started by Double-Shift Lasse, Apr 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double-Shift Lasse

Double-Shift Lasse Just post better

Wasn't going to start a new Panarin thread even though we were beyond 40 pages, but two months or so of Bob stuff in there even though we had an open Bob thread...

So, what little there is left to say for now can go in here, at least until the season's over.

2. CharlotteJacket

CharlotteJacket Registered User

Even though I begrudgingly agree we shouldn't pay Bob what we think he's asking for, we're going to miss him. Without Bob, I'm not sure we would have made any of our playoff appearances the last few years.

3. Sadifer

Sadifer Registered User

Well as said earlier:

Maybe his job is over. He did provide a sliver of enjoyment during numerous regular seasons and did elevate this franchise. But if he cant play well in the PO yet again then its a good thing that he leaves imo. Hes obviously looking for a long expensive contract.

However, in the unlikely case that he can do something like 0.93, +-2GA per game, steal a few games and be one of the reasons why this team finally wins a series or two then it will be a tough loss to see him go. Crossing my fingers that he can do it as his final gift to this franchise.

CarolinaBlueJacket likes this.
  4. mikeyp24

mikeyp24 Registered User

I really hope that Bob decides you know what I never want to leave and hometown discount decides to happen but its not. Love Bob. Will never boo Bob even if he went to Pit in the future and beats us in the playoffs. He is the best player in team history. I 100% think the Pit loss was mostly on him although I think we should have won that series based on outplaying them in all but 1 game everywhere but MAF standing on his head BUT that series also might end differently if the refs blow a whistle when Z had his face caved in and they kept playing yet a game later they blew the whistle for a pens player getting hit behind the ear with a puck immediately.

But sadly Bob is leaving I hope he makes 10x8 and goes out west and thrives. Bread did everything he was brought in to do and contracted to do. I do not have any ill will towards him either if he leaves. I think its part him needing to feel comfy with his surroundings and being with more Russians, playing for a huge city and being the star he feels he is and wants to prove he is a bigger star then someone like Benn or Seguin, or even his countrymen Kucherov because I think he is that confident, and his gf really wants the fashion big city life.

The thing is I think Bread has a higher chance of staying and I think this run could really help decide that. If he and Duchene tear it up and he gets 10x8 and Duchene gets 8x8 and they see a young team that will be able to score 3 a game and be a cold weather TBL... it COULD happen. The guy seems to like everything here, he jumps into the glass and points at fans after scoring but is shy outside that and some fans take it the wrong way like he is cold but he barely speaks english and isnt comfortable outside his teammates it seems. He is always one of the first to celebrate with teammates. He seems to like management as a whole. 15% chance he stays.

I 100% wish people would stop comparing any of this to Tavares because its not close. He never chose to come here or sign here. Never made it seem like he was staying here always said lets wait and see and told the team whatever makes the team better do it if you have to trade me but I want to finish this out and try to win. There was no reason for us to throw away the team we have now to get futures. Take away all our UFAs just place in our prospects near ready and we are so young we dont need futures!! A year or 2 will make the pool look empty with high end and big names but it will work out. Savard who is... 28? Is the oldest D and actually could be shipped out for value if Gavrikov and Peeke are here and Fligs/Dubi are the oldest Fs who are our leaders and play 4th line so not a big deal being older and our top 6 are all going to be young and reasonably paid. Cap will be fine and Duchene/Bread/Dzingle leaving is worst case but can be replaced by Tex/Bremstrom/Foudy. Not in the same spot but sliding up Bjorkstrand Andy and maybe get a different UFA.

This was super ranty but basically I think they both leave most likely but hold 0 ill will. Wish they both stay but also of not hope they both win and are successful wherever they go.

5. CBJWennberg10

CBJWennberg10 Thank You, Bob and Bread.

No ill will go either player but they’re both walking.

The Bread Man likes this.
  6. Johansen2Foligno

Johansen2Foligno CBJ Realest

I hope they stay because I liked complaining about them all year.

I would like to be able to complain about them next year.

Viqsi, EspenK, Sadifer and 1 other person like this.
  7. EspenK

EspenK Registered User

Barring no takers from the other side, I totally agree. I think Rangers have the $ to sign Bread as do the Isles. Bob could be another story. I don't know who has the cap, needs a goalie and is willing to go 7 years but I'm guessing the Jackets bridge has been burned.

I'd rather spend the cap on a guy like Duchene and the impending free agents over the next few years, both RFAs and UFAs and make do with Korpi, Elvis, VV and Tarasov. At least one of them has to be a serviceable NHL goalie, right?

Keeping PLD, Andy, Zach, Bjork, Duchene, Dzingel, Jones, Murray (?) and Nuti over the next 7 to 10 years is more important than keeping Bob.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  8. Viqsi

Viqsi where we're going we don't need draft picks

Jackets 1st, Preds 2nd
    It'll be hard, but I'm confident in our ability to replace their essential Complaint Scapegoat roles.

9. Double-Shift Lasse

Double-Shift Lasse Just post better

Death, Taxes...

10. Viqsi

Viqsi where we're going we don't need draft picks

Jackets 1st, Preds 2nd
    Also good things to complain about! :thumbu:

11. DoggyII

DoggyII Registered User

Former Innkeeper...practicing retirement :)
    A sliver of enjoyment? Over the course of the last seven seasons he has been a highlight reel for this club, made them relevant, a post-season team and put us on the hockey map from a media perspective (the whole "Bobs on the force" ESPN bit made casual fans realize Columbus had an NHL team.

No way I give Bobs a long term deal but no understating what he has meant to this club. Without him we are the Browns (minus last season)...a maybe mediocre expansion team with one playoff appearance in twenty years.

We Want Ten and JacketsDavid like this.
  12. DoggyII

DoggyII Registered User

Did anyone see that odd story about Bread's team issued warmup jacket ending up in goodwill? Anyone know what happened?

13. Cowumbus

Cowumbus Registered User

It was a jacket from 17/18 season. They get new ones every year.

14. We Want Ten

We Want Ten Is a [email protected] Magician

I'm just ready to rip this band-aid off and move on.

CPTN71 likes this.
  15. DoggyII

DoggyII Registered User

You mean the "can't get past the first round of the playoffs band-aid"? Yup...me too :thumbu:

16. Monk

Monk Registered User

There's a second round????

17. We Want Ten

We Want Ten Is a [email protected] Magician

Making it to the playoffs, is our playoffs.

18. ViD

ViD #CBJNeedHugs

Lets all pray Panarin breaks up with his GF over the summer then our chances skyrocket

CPTN71 likes this.
  19. CBJWennberg10

20. Long Live Lyle

Long Live Lyle Registered User

That drama Hedger says is from Panarin seems to largely be from Hedger.

We all know the situation. It obviously didn’t seem to impact either him or the team too much tonight.

21. CBJWennberg10

I think that comment was more tongue and cheek.

22. Iron Balls McGinty

Iron Balls McGinty Registered User

This is clearly not the first time. I would love to hear more of these stories when his time is up. I know some gems about Doug Maclean have come out since he left. I'm sure all of the local media is frustrated by Panarin because he hides behind the fact he doesn't speak English very well but its pretty clear that knows more than he lets on and its just an excuse.

I'd love to see how he deals with the media in a place like NYC if thats where he ends up.

CPTN71 likes this.
  23. DJAnimosity

DJAnimosity just here to complain about the complainers Sponsor

Hedger is as thin-skinned as they get. This guy has no business being in the media profession.

ClevelandJacketFan and akmuo33 like this.
  24. Long Live Lyle

Long Live Lyle Registered User

No kidding. How does Panarin moving himself/his agent to another location for a private conversation (what Hedger first tweeted) mean Panarin was dictating where Hedger could/couldn’t stand (second tweet)? If anything, it sounds like the exact opposite.

DJAnimosity likes this.
  25. DJAnimosity

DJAnimosity just here to complain about the complainers Sponsor

Lots of annoying Florida fans on the mains saying it's a foregone conclusion that Bob and Bread are headed there now, with Quenneville being hired as coach, I still have a hard time seeing how they will pull this off, isn't Luongo being paid a pretty penny and planning on playing next year? what about Reimer? And they are paying Q $6 mil/year reportedly. B&B will likely command $20 mil combined for at least the next 7 years, how can they afford to do this with sub-10K crowds?

CPTN71 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.