Speculation: Bob and Bread combo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Does anyone believe the Jackets would have swept without Bob in net? I having a hard time coming to that conclusion. I keep asking myself if Korpi or Elvis was the goalie what would have happened. I never come up with a positive outcome. If I believe the team is going to continue to play next season like they just did against Tampa I think I want Bob in net if at all possible. I'm guessing the bridge is burned badly enough that it won't happen but I hope that Jarmo gives it one last shot.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Still think Bob will go back to Russia if his contract wants are met. He's been relatively injury free the last few seasons and he's working to shake off the playoff demons...but I just don't see a team offering a 30 year old goalie a 7 year contract.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Does anyone believe the Jackets would have swept without Bob in net? I having a hard time coming to that conclusion. I keep asking myself if Korpi or Elvis was the goalie what would have happened. I never come up with a positive outcome. If I believe the team is going to continue to play next season like they just did against Tampa I think I want Bob in net if at all possible. I'm guessing the bridge is burned badly enough that it won't happen but I hope that Jarmo gives it one last shot.
It all depends whether they still want to win in the NHL, if they are content with lower taxes, sun, mild fan base and media and most likely no cup contention, they will just sign with the Panthers.

There’s a few Russians in Florida and Q who I believe is liked by Panarin. unfortunately, I think chances are 80-20 they leave.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Bob isn’t resigning here , not after this year . Honestly back to expansion when they protected Korpi , it became pretty clear the path management was forging . Now we have Elvis here in Columbus , whom Jarmo says is the best goalie not playing in the Nhl, we have Tarasov , and Vehvilhen knocking on the door . Combine that with the fact that our core players are early 20s in Jones , Werenski , Pld, Bjork, Cam and now Texier and Bemström , whom Portzline expects to be with the Jackets next year , it was never in the cards to invest 7, 8 , or 10 million for a goalie . And honestly , this season has shown their is no reason to resign Bob . We have one of the top , maybe the top defensive group in the league, and it’s getting mich deeper with Garikov joining . We have a forward group that is only going to get much better. And we have ton of goalie depth that is here , as of next year
Truth is even with this defensive core, Korpisalo has been below average. Elvis is unproven. We’re not competing with this goalie duo.

If we let Bob go, we need to get an UFA like Varly to have one proven NHL starter on the team

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Still think Bob will go back to Russia if his contract wants are met. He's been relatively injury free the last few seasons and he's working to shake off the playoff demons...but I just don't see a team offering a 30 year old goalie a 7 year contract.

Oh, he'll get plenty of long term offers. Tim Thomas, Brodeur, and Hasek were winning Vezinas in their late 30s.

Reactions: Madifer

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If it’s worth anything, Russia’s main sports website sports.ru published an editorial “Bob and Bread, stay in Columbus, it’s definitely going to be worse in Florida”.

https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/hokkeinosti/2423284.html

I love the Russian idioms, and it's good writing. That writer really knows the league pretty well too.

"the wise mustache Joel Kennevill"
"Ekblad, who, it seems, was already born with a red beard"
"Yeandl is a clean midfielder who is not very useful in defense"

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I love the Russian idioms, and it's good writing. That writer really knows the league pretty well too.

"the wise mustache Joel Kennevill"
"Ekblad, who, it seems, was already born with a red beard"
"Yeandl is a clean midfielder who is not very useful in defense"
Can you read Russian or google translated ?

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
If it’s worth anything, Russia’s main sports website sports.ru published an editorial “Bob and Bread, stay in Columbus, it’s definitely going to be worse in Florida”.

https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/hokkeinosti/2423284.html

Lol thats some of the funniest shit I have read in russian for quite some time. I doubt google translate is capable of helping our American friends here. Its native speakers shit only lol. The author makes a great case for them to stay though.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Can you read Russian or google translated ?

Google. It's hilarious sometimes. But you can also tell good metaphors when you see them, and Russian is full of great metaphors and phrases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad