Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs. Stars| Half-Assed Slump Buster|

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
So you're ok with them taking a night off against certain teams? Do you expect them to finish 1st in the West, no matter what? Or would you be ok with them finishing 3rd or 4th and making it 2-3 rounds in the playoffs?

After what they have shown against Dallas, Colorado, and Winnipeg, if they don’t finish first, they are out in the first round.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
EVERY game we have our goalies giving up 1 shit goal and 3/4 of these games are basically one goal losses

this losing streaks main culprit is soft goaltending.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
After what they have shown against Dallas, Colorado, and Winnipeg, if they don’t finish first, they are out in the first round.
Somebody gets it.

We look like TRASH against the teams we will face in the playoffs.

Utter garbage.

This team has lost its heart.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
It’s frustrating as hell but I still believe in this team. It’s a slump. They happen. They’ve proven they can win so i refuse to panic. But we absolutely need bette goaltending. Binnington was extremely strong all night until that OT winner. He simply had to stop that.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
giphy.gif

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
If they get bounced in the 1st round I'll buy you a steak dinner

F*ck that. I don’t want to say what I would do to that steak.

I will not be an apologist. I want them to win the cup but if they can’t even beat the teams in their own division, that doesn’t bode well.

If you are OK with their play, then I will buy you a sweater of your choice when they win the cup. They can do it but I’m not buying they can put it together right now.

Instead of a steak, I get to chose your avatar here on the site. Deal?

EDIT: I was also a major contributor to the old STLBlues site and made many friends there and even did some road trips with them. But That was a different time; the Blues were crap then. We had more fun creating names for each other’s; Hell, I had 69 pages on creating my new handle. Ironic it was 69...

Last edited:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think Maroon would call this team out in the locker room for half assing it
You mean the guy that looked like utter trash and had both feet out the door until Thomas made him relevant? The same guy that played on the team that was dead last in the league till it went on a miracle run? Did he not call out the team during any of the dark days? Yea....Pat Maroon, he'd get these boys right :laugh:

Maybe this team is just finally hitting that wall. Yet to have been completely dominated. Losing a handful of 1 goal games (not counting EN goals). Capitsls just got smashed by the Flyers...I wonder if they are fueling up their panick bus.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
You mean the guy that looked like utter trash and had both feet out the door until Thomas made him relevant? The same guy that played on the team that was dead last in the league till it went on a miracle run? Did he not call out the team during any of the dark days? Yea....Pat Maroon, he'd get these boys right :laugh:

Maybe this team is just finally hitting that wall. Yet to have been completely dominated. Losing a handful of 1 goal games (not counting EN goals). Capitsls just got smashed by the Flyers...I wonder if they are fueling up their panick bus.

Living here in the NCR...yes.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I think it's definitely safe to say we hit that slump that's been supposed to take place at some point this season.

But folks the world isn't burning. This team will snap out of it, we've got Sundqvist and Tarasenko still out that will provide shots in the arm, and maybe this convinces DA to bring in a rental or two at the deadline. Either way without any additions we're a solid team and have points in the bank and another added tonight, it's frustrating to go through. But I'd rather go through adversity now than in April and May.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
We’ve played well once since before break. That concerns me more than the points we pissed away. Need to find our game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad