Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs. Stars| Half-Assed Slump Buster|

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Ok. Let's go a different direction with this argument. What are your realistic expectations for the Blues this season?

Fair enough. Play their game that made the successful last season, especially against division rivals. Shut them down, smother them. Exploit mistakes. If they play that way, then I’m good. If they’re going to take a night off, do it against the east, not within the division. They skated in circles the last two games against the Central. And I don’t buy the tired excuse; far more people have exerted more in longer periods for far less acclaim. I’ve watched it. They have the potential to run away with it but when they fail to show up against their own division, they have little chance to do anything in the playoffs. I expect a cup; anything else is failure. And with this team, that is realistic.

mike1320

Fair enough. Play their game that made the successful last season, especially against division rivals. Shut them down, smother them. Exploit mistakes. If they play that way, then I’m good. If they’re going to take a night off, do it against the east, not within the division. They skated in circles the last two games against the Central. And I don’t buy the tired excuse; far more people have exerted more in longer periods for far less acclaim. I’ve watched it. They have the potential to run away with it but when they fail to show up against their own division, they have little chance to do anything in the playoffs. I expect a cup; anything else is failure. And with this team, that is realistic.
So you're ok with them taking a night off against certain teams? Do you expect them to finish 1st in the West, no matter what? Or would you be ok with them finishing 3rd or 4th and making it 2-3 rounds in the playoffs?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Lucky to get a point. Was one of their worst performances Of the season out of a few guys. 55/19/29/18 all had fairly good games. Nobody else really looked like they were performing close to their standards.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
This team is in serious trouble

For those of you who dismiss this and mock those who call this out, you haven't been watching this team very closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad