Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs. Stars| Half-Assed Slump Buster|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
You mean the guy that looked like utter trash and had both feet out the door until Thomas made him relevant? The same guy that played on the team that was dead last in the league till it went on a miracle run? Did he not call out the team during any of the dark days? Yea....Pat Maroon, he'd get these boys right :laugh:

Maybe this team is just finally hitting that wall. Yet to have been completely dominated. Losing a handful of 1 goal games (not counting EN goals). Capitsls just got smashed by the Flyers...I wonder if they are fueling up their panick bus.
Maroon. LOL.

Reactions: Dbrownss

mike1320

F*ck that. I don’t want to say what I would do to that steak.

I will not be an apologist. I want them to win the cup but if they can’t even beat the teams in their own division, that doesn’t bode well.

If you are OK with their play, then I will buy you a sweater of your choice when they win the cup. They can do it but I’m not buying they can put it together right now.

Instead of a steak, I get to chose your avatar here on the site. Deal?
Dude, I've been watching this team for decades, and I'm willing to cut them some slack after winning a championship. I find it mind boggling that some of you around here are suddenly acting like spoiled brats who think that back to back Cups is a given. If it makes you feel satisfied to gripe about every flaw and loss that the team goes through this season, more power to you. I'm still riding that high from last June 12th.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Binnington .887 save % since December 1st
He gets a long leash, but he deffinently needs to be better. He's not stealing us any games. All good goalies go through slumps, and he's proven he can carry the team before but he needs to sprinkle in a couple great performances

Reactions: Blueston

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Sanford had a good game...better than I can say for 90, 10, 57, 27, etc...where is the top line?

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I think it's definitely safe to say we hit that slump that's been supposed to take place at some point this season.

But folks the world isn't burning. This team will snap out of it, we've got Sundqvist and Tarasenko still out that will provide shots in the arm, and maybe this convinces DA to bring in a rental or two at the deadline. Either way without any additions we're a solid team and have points in the bank and another added tonight, it's frustrating to go through. But I'd rather go through adversity now than in April and May.

I'm against rentals....but THAT may be what this team needs...a shot in the arm.

It would mean giving a guy or two up...

That would have a negative impact.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
The body of a 37-year old male was found badly beaten outside the entrance to the Blues locker room. While a Blues player was initially suspected, upon further investigation authorities concluded that it couldn’t have been any of the players as first thought, since these days the Blues can’t beat anyone.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
17 is a mess out there

All kinds of work, but very little show for it.

I get tired of saying this every season. Snake bit excuses season after season ... yikes

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
17 is a mess out there

All kinds of work, but very little show for it.

I get tired of saying this every season. Snake bit excuses season after season ... yikes
Schenn hasn’t looked good either. Or ROR. When your best players aren’t your best players, team ain’t gonna be very good.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Dude, I've been watching this team for decades, and I'm willing to cut them some slack after winning a championship. I find it mind boggling that some of you around here are suddenly acting like spoiled brats who think that back to back Cups is a given. If it makes you feel satisfied to gripe about every flaw and loss that the team goes through this season, more power to you. I'm still riding that high from last June 12th.

Hey, super hyperbole is back! Congrats!

I refuse to get into your fallicy argument; you’ve already contributed a bunch of lies toward me and claimed I’ve said things I haven’t said. We have a name for people like you at work but I won’t repeat it here because I’ll get banned but I am done with you because you claim I say things I didn’t say and then play the victim; I find it pathetic. But I’m taking this to work on Monday and we will discuss your arguments. “Whataboutism” recently?

Man, I wish my job had your standards...

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Lots of fratricide in the thread among Blues fans.

Face it the team is in a slump.

They might pull out of it
They might not pull out of it
Come playoff season this slump may mean nothing or it could have meant everything

Stay tuned...lots of hockey left to play

Now put the brass knuckles, pitchforks, and shotguns away...

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

Come playoff season this slump may mean nothing or it could have meant everything

Nice post, Ajax. I completely agree. We are a good community, of which I am proud to belong.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

What about witch pyres?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->