GDT: Blues vs devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I disagree with this. We have virtually no depth right now. Yeah, we've got 7 but Edmundson is playing mostly like crap and Bortuzzo is coming due for another injury. We're not that far away from Chris "I'll remind you all why I'm in the AHL yet again" Butler and Jordan "I still can't cut it in the NHL, but I'm glad there's suckers out there who still think I can" Schmaltz being in the lineup, and come playoff time that's going to be a disaster.

Get Perron back, upgrade the defense, maybe look for a 3rd-line guy who can throw in a few goals like Maroon can't, and go to war from there.
I’m not arguing to not grab depth, but just adding that depth alone won’t be enough to get the job done consistently.

Reactions: Bendak

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
Devils
giphy.gif

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Perron still isn’t enough. We’ve had our top-6 for most of the year and it’s just now waking up. We need another player that we can rely on - Schwartz, Schenn, and Perron aren’t enough. ROR and Tarasenko are reliable, but the elite teams have more than two guys that are guaranteed to carry the team night after night. We need that third scorer to guarantee we get a goal from the top-6.

Adding another dman given who is available isn’t going to improve our defense enough to be worth it.
Spot Thomas in between now and the TDL. See if he can stick.

I'm still a fan of Ryan Dzingle. Shouldn't be some rediculous cost and the Blues can just bring him in without moving out salary.

I do agree though...
Defense needs some help. Bort sucks, eddy has been a meathead and Gunny cant stay healthy.

I'd sniff around Anaheim.....see what shakes loose. I'd entertain sending Edmundson their way. Cheap asses would be interested

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Perron still isn’t enough. We’ve had our top-6 for most of the year and it’s just now waking up. We need another player that we can rely on - Schwartz, Schenn, and Perron aren’t enough. ROR and Tarasenko are reliable, but the elite teams have more than two guys that are guaranteed to carry the team night after night. We need that third scorer to guarantee we get a goal from the top-6.

Adding another dman given who is available isn’t going to improve our defense enough to be worth it.
I think Perron and Schwartz can be what you describe. But I’m not opposed to another impact forward if price is right. Don’t want Simmonds or someone of that ilk.

I’m more concerned that Bortz and Gunnar are always hurt, Jaybos fountain of youth may run dry, and JE is truthigrr machine who leads league in penalties.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
that was fun to watch but that was like atleast 75% due to NJ not giving one single shit. Blues played good still but that game became what it was because NJ is tanking

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Spot Thomas in between now and the TDL. See if he can stick.

I'm still a fan of Ryan Dzingle. Shouldn't be some rediculous cost and the Blues can just bring him in without moving out salary.

I do agree though...
Defense needs some help. Bort sucks, eddy has been a meathead and Gunny cant stay healthy.

I'd sniff around Anaheim.....see what shakes loose. I'd entertain sending Edmundson their way. Cheap asses would be interested
I’d be down to grab Fowler, but I would bet that’s off-season only. Dzingle would be a good grab - as would Nyquist if we are going cheap.

I don’t think the defense is as bad as some think, but if we can bring in an impact player on the left side, we should. I just don’t see any outside of Fowler, and brining a player like Gunnarsson in won’t do much for us other than give us depth.

Edit: don’t want Simmonds. Panarin, Stone, Dzingel, Duchene, Huberdeau, Hoffman, Nyquist, etc. type players.

Reactions: Bendak and Dbrownss

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
If this team keeps fighting for each other, we don’t need to add. I’d like a bruiser stay at home d man, but that’s about it. This game proves blues are deadly if you have no forecheck and let our d roam. Schenn and steen have a 2nd gear for the playoffs. Healthy Perron and Schwartz finding mojo, and binner playing well and we are right there if we practice and change personnel on the pp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig