Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I've only been able to tune in for a few minutes here and there due to hanging out with the in-laws, but Thompson has had a couple of great shifts in the offensive zone this period even ignoring the goal...and there was a lot of good things packed into that goal as well.

Feels nice to have a bright spot.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

LBlues24

May 3, 2017
sobotka would be a lot more effective on that line if he brought some of his old gumption back, I miss it. but he and stastny can possession you to death, which helps clear up some space for TT

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The best part about that goal was him selling it without a fancy dangle . He opened his hips up and looked like he was going to pass it back to the point. Then when Palmieri peeled off Thompson just took off through the middle. That was a hell of a lot of poise from a young kid.

And that's just one of many great things he's done tonight. Color me extremely impressed with his play on the night.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I wasn't skeptical when the selection was made because I had no idea who he was:laugh:

We still havn't seen that cannon fired on 3 reactors yet.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Welp, I thought Thompson wouldn’t be that impactful this call-up.

I can admit when I’m wrong.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Berglund could learn a lot from TT by watching how he shoots the puck first and thinks about making plays second. Trying to be a playmaker is fine, but when you have scoring chances in dangerous areas, shooting the puck is priority.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Tage has been great and so has Stastny. Paul has been a mad man on the forecheck tonight. Really like his game tonight. Tage though....jeez. So handsy for a lanky dude. What a shot too.

Reactions: LBlues24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad