Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Blues should consider a hard look at getting Eichel

Sanford and a few picks should be enough to do it, it worked once it will work again.
I think if we want to compte to get Eicgel. It has to start with Thomas/Kyrou and add there Sanford +

And I would push the button with those to get Eichel. Thomas/Kyrou + Sanford + 1sr round pick.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I think if we want to compte to get Eicgel. It has to start with Thomas/Kyrou and add there Sanford +

And I would push the button with those to get Eichel. Thomas/Kyrou + Sanford + 1sr round pick.
If Thomas + Dunn + Sanford + a couple of 1sts got a deal done for Eichel, I'd drive those three to the airport myself and wait there until Eichel lands. Let Doug worry about the cap - that's his problem.

Seriously, shaving the next deals for Dunn and Thomas off our cap probably saves us over half of Eichel's $10M AAV and the rest could come from letting Schwartz and Hoffman walk. From a forward standpoint, I think I would take Eichel + Kostin over Thomas + Schwartz. Slotting Walman into Dunn's role to save money may happen regardless.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
If Thomas + Dunn + Sanford + a couple of 1sts got a deal done for Eichel, I'd drive those three to the airport myself and wait there until Eichel lands. Let Doug worry about the cap - that's his problem.

Seriously, shaving the next deals for Dunn and Thomas off our cap probably saves us over half of Eichel's $10M AAV and the rest could come from letting Schwartz and Hoffman walk. From a forward standpoint, I think I would take Eichel + Kostin over Thomas + Schwartz. Slotting Walman into Dunn's role to save money may happen regardless.
Walman has played a handful of NHL games. I think it is a little premature to substitute him for Dunn.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Throw in Mikkola and Husso and a 3rd 1st round pick.

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019

Was going to post this, but was also going to throw in Alexandrov as a sweater. Although after that last deal can’t seem them wanting to give us another #1C

Reactions: MissouriMook

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Was reading rumors about the discontent in Vancouver. Not sure which players might be available, but could be something to keep an eye on.

I think the Eichel talk is not realistic for the Blues, though he would be a huge addition for any team.

I haven't looked in depth at who might be available this offseason, but I noticed Hjalmarsson as a guy I'd be interested in. Shot blocking machine, reliable defender...just what we need. I'm sure lots of teams will be after him as well. I'd also consider Edler, Cole, Martinez, Oleksiak and Hamonic depending on what happens with the ED. Lots of depth D available. At forward, Nuge and Hyman will get a lot of attention along with Landeskog and Palmieri. If both Hoffman and Schwartz leave then we'd have some cash to burn.

Reactions: mk80

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Was reading rumors about the discontent in Vancouver. Not sure which players might be available, but could be something to keep an eye on.

I think the Eichel talk is not realistic for the Blues, though he would be a huge addition for any team.

I haven't looked in depth at who might be available this offseason, but I noticed Hjalmarsson as a guy I'd be interested in. Shot blocking machine, reliable defender...just what we need. I'm sure lots of teams will be after him as well. I'd also consider Edler, Cole, Martinez, Oleksiak and Hamonic depending on what happens with the ED. Lots of depth D available. At forward, Nuge and Hyman will get a lot of attention along with Landeskog and Palmieri. If both Hoffman and Schwartz leave then we'd have some cash to burn.
Nate Schmidt please

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
There are handful of other teams in similar boat as us, who had fairly high expectations and fell short. Philly, Vancouver, Dallas, Calgary, Columbus all come to mind. There are couple more. These seem like potentially good trade partners as we look to retool.

Reactions: mk80

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Dunn for Detroit's 2nd + Tampa's 4th (owned by det). Who says no?

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Welp, sounds like the value is about right if both teams hate it :laugh:
Value is probably pretty close, but I just don't see a benefit to making it on our end. A pick in the late 30s does nothing for our team now, and it's not a super enticing piece when it comes to acquiring a roster upgrade

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
SY would be all over that. The chances of a second rounder being anywhere near Dunn is extremely low
Yeah but you could say that about a LOT of trade deadline / draft day deals, most GMs still roll the dice. SY has been very shrewd on the trade sheet and has prioritized draft picks over roster talent since he came back to Detroit.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Value is probably pretty close, but I just don't see a benefit to making it on our end. A pick in the late 30s does nothing for our team now, and it's not a super enticing piece when it comes to acquiring a roster upgrade
I look at it thusly:

We are likely going to either lose Dunn to the expansion draft or lose Dunn to trade + another player in the ED (Blais/Barbashev/Sanford/hopefully not Sunny).

So the question then becomes is the value we receive back in trade worth more than losing the extra player? In other words, is the high 2nd (I believe it would be 38th OA) + 4th worth more than Blais/Barbashev/Sanford/hopefully not Sunny?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Ideal situation for me is working out a deal for Seattle to take Tarasenko, and then moving Dunn in a trade.

Tarasenko has to go.

Reactions: sfvega

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Ideal situation for me is working out a deal for Seattle to take Tarasenko, and then moving Dunn in a trade.

Tarasenko has to go.
God damn, dude! This is f***ing crazy talk, but I find myself reluctantly nodding along.

It’s like a smdh, while silently nodding.

Zachary Hines

May 16, 2021
So who does everyone think the blues will lose in expansion draft? I would like to see krug or Tank go.

It will probably be barby or sunny?

With the flat cap trades will likely be low this off season. But it would be nice to pick up a few more draft picks somehow.

Who and how many free agents would you go for?

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
So who does everyone think the blues will lose in expansion draft? I would like to see krug or Tank go.

It will probably be barby or sunny?

With the flat cap trades will likely be low this off season. But it would be nice to pick up a few more draft picks somehow.

Who and how many free agents would you go for?

Dunn goes to the Kraken.
Bring Bozak back on a cheap deal.
Sign Saad to replace Schwartz/Hoff.

Saad-ROR-Perron
Kyrou-Schenn-Vladdy
Kostin-Thomas-Bozak
Cliff-Barbs-Sunny
Sanford, Blais, Dak, Mac, DLR, Neighbours, Alexandrov as depth

Krug-Faulk
Walman-Parayko
Scandella-Bortuzzo
Mikkola, Santini, Perunovich

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Dunn goes to the Kraken.
Bring Bozak back on a cheap deal.
Sign Saad to replace Schwartz/Hoff.

Saad-ROR-Perron
Kyrou-Schenn-Vladdy
Kostin-Thomas-Bozak
Cliff-Barbs-Sunny
Sanford, Blais, Dak, Mac, DLR, Neighbours, Alexandrov as depth

Krug-Faulk
Walman-Parayko
Scandella-Bortuzzo
Mikkola, Santini, Perunovich
I could live without seeing Clifford in a Blues jersey ever again. Would rather any of the extras listed playing in that spot. And I really hope we don't see him

Reactions: Spear
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad