Blues Trade Proposals 2020-21 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Nurse had great year. He’s their clear #1. Can’t see him getting dealt. But would love to have him.

Would solve our defense problems ASAP.

Nurse-Parayko
Mikkola-Faulk
Dunn-Bortuzzo
x-Walman, Santini, Perunovich

Someone else mentioned Nate Schmidt, I'd take him too.

Reactions: mk80

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The Flames are supposedly rebuilding, what about Hanifin?

Hanifin-Parayko
Mikkola-Faulk
Dunn-Bortuzzo

(I'm serious, I want Krug and Scandella shot into the sun)
Again, sounds great, but by all accounts Sutter loves him. If they are rebuilding he may be the type of guy you keep around given his sweetheart deal, I think you may have to pay through the nose to get him. He is also coming off a season-ending shoulder surgery which -as we have seen first hand- can really impact a player's ability. I totally get the want to improve the team though as it is clear multiple upgrades are needed throughout the roster.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
The Flames are supposedly rebuilding, what about Hanifin?

Hanifin-Parayko
Mikkola-Faulk
Dunn-Bortuzzo

(I'm serious, I want Krug and Scandella shot into the sun)
Bortz is a solid 7, but I don't know that I want him taking a regular shift. I wouldn't mind seeing what Santini could do over a period of 20-games against somebody other than the President's Trophy winner. He's still only 26, and has good size (6'2") and smarts. But ultimately I suspect that #3RHD role is being reserved for Hobey Perunovich. I like the defense a lot more with Hanifin than without, but Brent Sutter loves Hanifin and the price would likely be high. I don't know what Calgary would want, but it probably includes Thomas and a young-D as part of the package.

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Bortz is a solid 7, but I don't know that I want him taking a regular shift. I wouldn't mind seeing what Santini could do over a period of 20-games against somebody other than the President's Trophy winner. He's still only 26, and has good size (6'2") and smarts. But ultimately I suspect that #3RHD role is being reserved for Hobey Perunovich. I like the defense a lot more with Hanifin than without, but Brent Sutter loves Hanifin and the price would likely be high. I don't know what Calgary would want, but it probably includes Thomas and a young-D as part of the package.

So we're back to putting left handed shooters on the right again? :facepalm:

I wouldn't mind Santini as #3RD, though.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Darryl Sutter. But anyway, despite the opinions on this board, I really think Armstrong will protect Krug in the Expansion draft. So if Perunovich is slotted as the 3rd pairing RD, that effectively gives us two Torey Krugs, one on each side. I am not really thrilled with that.

Last edited:

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Darryl Sutter. But anyway, despite the opinions on this board, I really think Armstrong will protect Krug in the Expansion draft. So if Perunovich is slotted as the 3rd pairing RD, that effectively gives us two Torey Krugs, one on each side. I am not really thrilled with that.

This is what I'm afraid of. Only time will tell.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Re-tool mode, maybe. I don't think we're in such dire straits that we need a full-on rebuild.
What if Parayko is out? We lose one good player for Seattle. Tarasenko continue same form. Schwartz is out. Our group will look more and more shallow.

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
What if Parayko is out? We lose one good player for Seattle. Tarasenko continue same form. Schwartz is out. Our group will look more and more shallow.

I believe our guys will all bounce back and healthy.

We might lose Dunn (or hopefully Krug) to Seattle, but I believe in our guys. :nod:

Reactions: mk80

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
what if...

parayko isn't out

the player we lose to seattle is a 3rd/4th liner - 3rd pairing dman

tarasenko continues to get healthier

schwartz leaves... lose intangibles (which ARE important), but not much on the score sheet... and Kostin steps in

Army makes a trade or three to rework some of the lines/playing style

what if's go both ways

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Perunovich lost a year of development. There may have been a chance for him to make the squad next season if it had been a normal year for him. But I don’t think it’s realistic to pencil him into the line-up. He has a lot of lost ground to make up.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Perunovich lost a year of development. There may have been a chance for him to make the squad next season if it had been a normal year for him. But I don’t think it’s realistic to pencil him into the line-up. He has a lot of lost ground to make up.

would agree this will allow Army to keep him in the A for at least half the year and sort things out with the big club

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Agreed. I think this is part of the reason Santini was extended. Santini will likely platoon with Bortuzzo on the RD 3rd pairing.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Would solve our defense problems ASAP.

Nurse-Parayko
Mikkola-Faulk
Dunn-Bortuzzo
x-Walman, Santini, Perunovich

Someone else mentioned Nate Schmidt, I'd take him too.

I like the look of that, but I would swap Bortuzzo and Santini on that bottom pair. I thought he looked good in the playoffs and is an inexpensive, good solution to filling out the D.

I also like it with Hanafin included as others above have mentioned. With the Oilers issues on defense I think of the two Nurse would be harder to get. Unfortunately I also think we have to assume Krug will be here next season. I would be shocked if Armstrong either traded or exposed him in the expand draft. But I hope it happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meatball

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
I think after McDavid/Drai, Nurse would probably be the most difficult guy to get out of Edmonton.
yup, highly doubt he would be moved. if anything, they need more defense. trading established players away from the defense won't happen

Reactions: The Note

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Robert Thomas + Dunn/Perunovich + 2022 first round for Eichel

Perron ROR Tarasenko
Schenn Eichel Kyrou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad