Blues Trade Proposals 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
So let’s plug a bunch of rookies in in the back end? Is that the direction people think we should head?
If we're going to keep Pietrangelo then some things have to give.

If we do extend Pietrangelo and trade Dunn, we still have six experienced NHL defensemen signed next season. Knowing Armstrong, we'll likely sign another at ~$1m to battle it out with Mikkola and Perunovich for the final roster spot. It isn't an overreliance on rookies.

Still, I'm not sure that we'll be looking to move Dunn. We seen with ANA & MIN a few years ago that it can be difficult to get good offers for defensemen in the year leading up to an expansion draft. Things might be different this time around, and our situation is different from both of theirs, but it could limit the market somewhat.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If we retain Pietrangelo, Parayko, Faulk, and Scandella, then we can create a high-quality group of 6/7 that includes a rookie. I'd go the route of Mikkola with Perunovich starting in the minors. Mikkola would probably be a good partner with Faulk too. Gunnar and Bort round things out.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Mikkola-Bortuzzo honestly sounds like an amazing 3rd pairing if we want them to be pure defense. Faulk Pietrangelo has also looked pretty decent. Trading Dunn could work. But with Tarasenko looking like he had to go back on the LTIR it could definitely be easier to slide Pietrangelo back in under the cap and keep mostly the same roster. I still think one of Steen, Bozak, or Allen has to move out. Luckily they are all on their last year of their contracts.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Didn't we do that with Parayko and Edmundson the year we went to the WCF?
I don’t remember, but if true, were they penciled into the lineup without either playing professional hockey or earning their spot from a vet?

I personally don’t mind a rookie or two, but we should have great confidence in them based on professional experience with spot starts or because they either came into camp or at some point of the season and stole a role from a vet.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

If we do extend Pietrangelo and trade Dunn, we still have six experienced NHL defensemen signed next season. Knowing Armstrong, we'll likely sign another at ~$1m to battle it out with Mikkola and Perunovich for the final roster spot. It isn't an overreliance on rookies.

Still, I'm not sure that we'll be looking to move Dunn. We seen with ANA & MIN a few years ago that it can be difficult to get good offers for defensemen in the year leading up to an expansion draft. Things might be different this time around, and our situation is different from both of theirs, but it could limit the market somewhat.
I don’t mind penciling in one spot given that we have seen Mikkola professionally and he seems ready. Making it a competition with Scott adds some comfort in knowing we have two guys battling for a spot.

I am not comfortable however just penciling Scott in. I guess that is mute if there is just one open spot.

Internettoughguy314

Oct 20, 2017

I don't think Dumbs or Fowler were really available. I think it was all postering for their contract negotiations. Dunn is a different story. He's an rfa and not arbitration eligible. He should have a rather decent market.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I don’t remember, but if true, were they penciled into the lineup without either playing professional hockey or earning their spot from a vet?

I personally don’t mind a rookie or two, but we should have great confidence in them based on professional experience with spot starts or because they either came into camp or at some point of the season and stole a role from a vet.
Parayko played 17 regular season and 5 playoff games in AHL after his college season ended. That aside, if we trade Dunn, Perunovich would have to beat out Mikkola and either Borts or Gunnar for spot. We can pencil him in but those guys are nice safety net.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Parayko played 17 regular season and 5 playoff games in AHL after his college season ended. That aside, if we trade Dunn, Perunovich would have to beat out Mikkola and either Borts or Gunnar for spot. We can pencil him in but those guys are nice safety net.
I hope Gunner is off this team after October 1st.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
That likely means that Bortz and Gunnerson are everyday players.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Steen, Dunn, and Allen should all be gone next season. Tarasenko is a wild card depending on his shoulder. I wouldn't mind keeping Bozak. He is a good 2 way forward who can play up and down the middle 6 when needed.

Husso, Mikkola, and Kyrou should have time roles in the NHL next season. Kostin is also possible.

Sanford-ROR-Perron
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Blais-Thomas-Bozak
MacMac-Sunny-Barbie

Faulk Pietrangelo
Scandella Parayko
Mikkola Bortuzzo

Binnington
Husso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad