Blues Trade Proposals 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
With Carolina's immediate need for Goaltending, I could see Kuokkanen being a good fit for our team going forward.

Allen <--> Kuokkanen

Potential line in the next few years:

Kuok-Thomas-Kyrou

Kuok and Thomas played on the same Knights team, just unsure if they ever played on the same line there.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Don’t think Army trades Allen before the TDL. What happened to Carolina can happen to the Blues, and there’s nobody to play outside Husso. If Binnington were to get injured, I’d much rather have Allen than Husso for the playoffs. Allen will be gone this offseason though, and his trade value should be decent (ie, b-level prospect or early-mid round pick) considering one year left and his play this year.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Gonna be interesting who gets dealt this summer to make room for extensions for a Petro and a Scandella. Presumably Bozo. Who else?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I would be very very hesitant about exploring trading Allen before the offseason. We will need to make a move this offseason but we don’t right now. I get that maximizing value could happen right now. But I think this team is at a stage where maximizing value and taking a hit currently is something that would be very foolish.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I would be very very hesitant about exploring trading Allen before the offseason. We will need to make a move this offseason but we don’t right now. I get that maximizing value could happen right now. But I think this team is at a stage where maximizing value and taking a hit currently is something that would be very foolish.

yeah, you can’t trade Allen now. He’s the insurance policy.

Reactions: Blueston

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Gonna be interesting who gets dealt this summer to make room for extensions for a Petro and a Scandella. Presumably Bozo. Who else?
justin-faulk-blues.jpg

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I’m only comfortable moving Blais if it’s for a Hall, Kreider, Hoffman type. I know they’re rentals, but they make our top 9 even scarier when Vladi returns.

We have a bunch of forwards in his skill range and not enough spots next year, so losing one guy for help right now doesn’t sound too bad to me. Sanford was 100% the guy to move before, but I really think he turned a page.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
The thing about Allen is, without an AHL team next year, we may have no choice but to trade him if we want to hang onto Husso. If, for whatever reason, we have to share an AHL squad next year like we did with San Antonio and Chicago a few years ago, we probably shouldn’t do to Husso what we did to Binner and ship him off to another squad.

So, if there’s an opportunity between now and tomorrow to move Allen, we should take it imo. There are guys we can pick up in the summer off the UFA list that we could compete for the backup job or - if we get a team figured out for an AHL affiliate - stash in the minors.

Allen is just a luxury at this point, and an expensive one at that. Our team is so good defensively, we don’t need a $4.5 mil backup goalie to get the job done.

I disagree with the suggestion to ship out a solid backup and a respected teammate right now because of something that "might" happen next year. The team looks good defensively now after letting up 3+ goals in what, 11 games?

However, I think the chances of Allen actually being moved today is 0%. Nothing that could disrupt the room, please Army. Deal Allen in the summer if need be. Some fans are far too concerned about getting value when our main concern should be winning another Stanley Cup.

Call me crazy but I think this team could win it all with Allen in net if we are playing up to our full potential. Having that insurance policy is more important than maybe getting a slightly higher draft pick via trade.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
There are 31 NHL teams and 31 AHL teams. We won't have to share an affiliate.

Except the Chicago Wolves ownership is on record about wanting to win now rather than focusing on player development. This means emphasizing playing vets in key roles instead of allowing prospects to log those big minutes to develop with veterans in complementary roles.

While having a veteran core in place to create a good mentoring environment is important, having most of the top 6 filled with guys like Jordan Nolans and no room for our lesser prospects and project players to learn from their mistakes and play more than 10 minutes a night will hurt us.

Reactions: Bluenatic

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Wolves made it to the finals last year and their top 9 scorers were all career AHLers or NHL washouts. It’s not a good situation when we want guys like Tucker, Laferriere, Perunovich etc. who may not be great AHLers next year, to get as much ice as possible. I really hope we can avoid affiliating with Chicago again. Hopefully one of the other affiliations runs out and we can jump on it. I don’t care where they play, honestly. That only really becomes an issue a few times a year(and it’s not like San Antonio is all that close to St. Louis anyway). Just give the young guys some ice time.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Blais + 2nd + conditional pick for AA from Detroit?

Big no for me. AA is terrible defensively this season. He would not fit in here. Blias provides a level of physicality and hitting we don't really have throughout our lineup with only 2 less 5v5 points than AA in 13 less games. AA's points are about half from PP and 4v4/3v3 when the ice opens up for his speed. I don't know if we'd really have the room on the PP for him so his offensive advantage would be neutured and we'd be left with his defensive downside this year. I am not paying a 2nd plus for that

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Blais + 2nd + conditional pick for AA from Detroit?
I think that would be a mistake, and it would hurt the team in the short term. Blais offers more to our roster.

Athanasiou plays a totally different way than the rest of our team, and he doesn't think the game at a high enough level for me to believe that he'd make adjustments quickly. His defensive game has been lazy this year, you can see when he's just skating about looking busy without any real aim.

I just looked at his numbers, it is impressive in a way to be a -45. While he has shown offensive ability on a garbage team, he wouldn't be getting the opportunities handed to him in the same way on a good team.

Reactions: Blueston

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
If we’re going rental, I could be talked into Joe Thornton. He’s a withered shell of his former self, but maybe we could get some of that Ray Bourque magic out of him still. There would have to be a contract going back the other way, even if the Sharks retained 50% salary, and I have no idea what the cost could possibly be, but adding Jumbo Joe would be very interesting for sure. I’d love it if he finally won a cup, and it was with the Blues. If for no other reason than it would piss off Sharks fans to have to hear “STL Blues Legend Joe Thornton” the rest of their lives lol.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Except the Chicago Wolves ownership is on record about wanting to win now rather than focusing on player development. This means emphasizing playing vets in key roles instead of allowing prospects to log those big minutes to develop with veterans in complementary roles.

While having a veteran core in place to create a good mentoring environment is important, having most of the top 6 filled with guys like Jordan Nolans and no room for our lesser prospects and project players to learn from their mistakes and play more than 10 minutes a night will hurt us.
Agree that Chicago isn't a good partner. That said, there are limits in the AHL to how many vets are allowed to suit up each game. Our top kids will get in there, even if a guy like Kaspick has to sit. And while more ice time for kids is preferable, is it really terrible if they play a few minutes less but on a good team with vets to show them the way?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
If we’re going rental, I could be talked into Joe Thornton. He’s a withered shell of his former self, but maybe we could get some of that Ray Bourque magic out of him still. There would have to be a contract going back the other way, even if the Sharks retained 50% salary, and I have no idea what the cost could possibly be, but adding Jumbo Joe would be very interesting for sure. I’d love it if he finally won a cup, and it was with the Blues. If for no other reason than it would piss off Sharks fans to have to hear “STL Blues Legend Joe Thornton” the rest of their lives lol.
Hell no! I don't want that @$$h0le anywhere near this team. I just hope he gets traded to somebody who we beat in the playoffs this year so we can elminate the SOB again. Everyone acts like he is some great guy, but the jerk nearly ended Perron's career with dirty hit. So screw him. He doesn't deserve a ring.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Holy shit. Jg Pageau went for a 1st+2nd+3rd. I know there are conditions but I dont feel like sifting through the thread to find out what they are.....sit this one out Army. Team is fine.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Did you miss last postseason where the Blues abused his poor mobility? Why would we sign up for other teams to do that to us? He’d have to play bottom 6, and there’s no way he could function in that forechecking style. By the time he got there, the puck is long gone.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Now Trocheck to Carolina. Idk the prospects in Carolina, but I remember VT being talk about as a huge get. Guess the injuries took their toll? With that said.......looks like a win for the Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->