Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Hmm. Worth keeping an eye out I suppose. Wonder why he would be a target
UFA. From the little bit I've watched, he's pretty skilled, quick as hell and plays either both wings or all 3. I dont have alot of experience with him.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
UFA. From the little bit I've watched, he's pretty skilled, quick as hell and plays either both wings or all 3. I dont have alot of experience with him.
Would love a small addition. I have a feeling Winnipeg and Nash are gonna load up. If we can add a 2nd or 3rd liner for anything not including a 1st or a top prospect, i would pull the trigger. More scoring and injury depth could help facilitate a deep run.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Let’s go get another scoring winger. We can re-sign them with the saving from Bouwmeester, Gunnarsson, and the cap increase if we need to. I’m really hoping that this play forces DA’s hand similarly to how our poor play forced his hand on a Stastny last year - except this time it would be us adding.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Would love a small addition. I have a feeling Winnipeg and Nash are gonna load up. If we can add a 2nd or 3rd liner for anything not including a 1st or a top prospect, i would pull the trigger. More scoring and injury depth could help facilitate a deep run.
That's what I've been looking at. Johansen, Zuccarello, Dzingel....

These are middle 6 guys and hopefully slip through the cracks while everyone is chasing the big fish

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Let's make a hockey trade and get a LD with a bit of term. It's getting harder and harder to see Edmunson as Petro's permanent partner.

Reactions: Blueston

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
If we could add a scoring winger for a Blais/Sanford+2nd package, I’d be thrilled. Put Maroon on the 4th line with Sunny and Barbie, and let Fabbri and MacMac fill in if/when we get injuries down the final stretch.

A top 9 featuring Tarasenko, O’Reilly, Schenn, Schwartz, Perron, Thomas, Bozak, Steen, and another top or middle 6 guy would put us in Cup contention, imo.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Any interest in PoolParty? I'm not expecting a huge renaissance, but i think he could still develop into a high end 3rd liner. With our trade history with EDM im not counting DA out of the bidding. I know i recently brought him up in an offer to ANA but what about Fabbri for him? Both teams take risk, but have upside as well.

Wouldn't mind next years 3rd line being:

Barbashev-Sunny-Poolparty
I think he’ll bust completely. I don’t want to get involved with that. It would only be worthwhile if you can get a difference maker out of it. If he’s just a 3rd liner, what’s the point?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
It is looking like Hayes and Silfverberg, two of the few rental players I would be interested in, probably won't be moved. More and more, I hope we stand pat.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
It looks like Duchene will be moved soon. I'm terrified that he'll go to the Jets or Preds. If we traded for him that would give us two very good scoring lines especially when Perron comes back. I really think we could win the cup with that balanced attack. I know we don't have the cap room to sign him long term but rolling out two scoring lines with our already strong 3rd and 4th lines...just think about that parade down Market Street.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
It looks like Duchene will be moved soon. I'm terrified that he'll go to the Jets or Preds. If we traded for him that would give us two very good scoring lines especially when Perron comes back. I really think we could win the cup with that balanced attack. I know we don't have the cap room to sign him long term but rolling out two scoring lines with our already strong 3rd and 4th lines...just think about that parade down Market Street.

Remember how long it took our guys to find chemistry? A good two months. This is why many UFAs fall flat.

I am good with a second line guy, but it depends on Perron and his injury.

Reactions: Blueston

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I’m more concerned with the D personally. Eddy and Petro just can be scary. I may move Eddy now for a more stable piece for a cup run for a guy with term

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
This trade deadline seems really dead. There's the Sens players and the Jackets duo of Panarin and Bobrovsky(who might not even get traded with the Jackets in a playoff spot currently). Not much else really with so many teams still so close to a playoff spot.

Blues are lucky to be in the West this year. Even with 11 wins in a row we wouldn't be in a playoff spot. We trail Columbus in ROW. There have been plenty of years in the past where the opposite was true though. Like in 15-16 where our 3rd best record in the entire NHL had to face the Hawks in the first round of the playoffs, and they had the 5th best record in the entire NHL. It all evens out eventually.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
This trade deadline seems really dead. There's the Sens players and the Jackets duo of Panarin and Bobrovsky(who might not even get traded with the Jackets in a playoff spot currently). Not much else really with so many teams still so close to a playoff spot.

Blues are lucky to be in the West this year. Even with 11 wins in a row we wouldn't be in a playoff spot. We trail Columbus in ROW. There have been plenty of years in the past where the opposite was true though. Like in 15-16 where our 3rd best record in the entire NHL had to face the Hawks in the first round of the playoffs, and they had the 5th best record in the entire NHL. It all evens out eventually.
We have a game in hand on Montreal though, and we would hold the tiebreaker over them. With as hot as this team is, at the end of the season they would make the playoffs no matter what conference they're in IMO. So that argument soon won't be able to be made.

But yeah, hopefully trades start heating up soon... I want to see some action. I'm not worried about us overpaying for anyone so I'm looking forward to seeing which teams do.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Remember how long it took our guys to find chemistry? A good two months. This is why many UFAs fall flat.

I am good with a second line guy, but it depends on Perron and his injury.
Excellent point but if they could find that chemistry then think about how dominant this team could be

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
If chemistry is an issue bringing someone in, we could always just run these lines

Schenn-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
TBA/Perron-Thomas-Perron/TBA
Schwartz-Bozak-Steen
Maroon-Barbashev-Sundqvist
2 of Fabbri/MacMac/Sanford

Only one line is really getting messed with, and it involves a player who also has been hurt. 7/49/70 have played together this year.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm not buying the chemistry argument anymore. When was the last time we've brought in an impact forward? Well I mean Orielly and Schenn in the offseason....chemistry wasnt an issue. A real top 6 talent will add to this team

Reactions: DoubleK81

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I'm not buying the chemistry argument anymore. When was the last time we've brought in an impact forward? Well I mean Orielly and Schenn in the offseason....chemistry wasnt an issue. A real top 6 talent will add to this team
Saw your post on the main boards. I'd be interested in Dzingel but where would he slot into our lineup? LW is pretty crowded already. It's nice to have so much depth and roster flexibility. If Schenn moved back to center, there is an immediate need at LW. However, I'm not sure that line should be broken up. I guess we will have clarity in a few more days.

Loving the 11-game streak but it couldn't have come at a worse time right before the TDL. It's forcing DA to be a buyer and to stand pat at the same time.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I think chemistry is a problem when there is a weak team culture. But Berube has seen to it that the Blues have a strong culture now. They have a solid work ethic on the ice, and the players are playing for each other. You can add a good player to that mix and improve the team.

I doubt Armstrong does anything though. Maybe he'll get a 'meh' depth player for peanuts, just for playoff depth. I don't think there is a hockey trade out there right now that makes sense for the Blues. In the off-season I could see him moving on from Allen, acquiring a veteran to run a tandem with Binnington, and acquiring a LHD, as well as re-signing Bouwmeester for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad