Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
It would make sense of they utilized him in that role and used point shots from parayko. They don't though...he's like a set up man behind the net...which I'd bewildering
With current personnel I'd like to see Dunn back on 1PP and Petro on 2PP, each with 4 Fs not named Maroon. I don't see Parayko as creative enough offensively to be a real asset on PP.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
With current personnel I'd like to see Dunn back on 1PP and Petro on 2PP, each with 4 Fs not named Maroon. I don't see Parayko as creative enough offensively to be a real asset on PP.
Parayko can be there but he'd have to be a trigger man. If there is one problem with our shooters, they have that slight hesitation to shoot

Reactions: STLomacneko

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Parayko can be there but he'd have to be a trigger man. If there is one problem with our shooters, they have that slight hesitation to shoot

I have often thought that Parayko should be on PP2 on the left side wall ready to take 1 timers on his offside. You have Petro or Dunn feeding him from the point or cross ice feeds from Bozak on the other wall. I would put Perron and Schwartz down low to clean up. PP1 should stay the way it is with Thomas on the right side and Tarasenko on the left. Petro or Dunn up top and O'Reilly and Schenn down below. That seems to work well, but you'd have two diferent styles of shooters on the PP. One is pin point wrist shot and the other is booming slap shot.

Oh and Maroon and Steen should NEVER see PP time again...EVER.

Last edited:

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Hesitation to shoot for sure. Also set-up passes often aren't placed as well as you would like for a clean one-timer. How many times have we seen a guy ready for a one-timer and have to adjust to receive the pass because it wasn't clean? Happens often with this team.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'll also add that coaching may have just held off working on the PP till they got the regular play going. They have picked up the tic tac toe play over the last 2 weeks.

One thing I've found encouraging is Berube copies what works, he coached under Laviolette. I have zero issue with this team being copy cats if I works

Reactions: STLomacneko

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I believe it was back when JR mentioned a huge blackbuster, Oshie+Shattenkirk+Fabbri for Giroux+Schenn. It was around one of the drafts, can't remember which one though, but JR was very confident of a big Giroux deal going down.

I remember another rumor from a few years ago for Petro that was Provorov, Sanheim, Konecny, Laughton and a first. Interesting that So many deals of that magnitude were discussed.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Jesus....did Doug have dirt on Hextall? Both of those are highway robbery....

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I wonder what the ask for Hoffman would be. Would Florida be content recouping similar assets that were spent in that trade with the added bonus of clearing cap space? Florida traded 2018 4th 2018 5th 2019 2nd for Hoffman. I'd easily do our 2019 2nd and a few pluses.

Or has his value rebounded and Florida would expect significantly more?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I could maybe see Burakovsky, but we have a logjam in the middle 6, and he'd need to take a pay cut.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I wouldn't hate trading for Andy Greene from NJD. He's a solid vet, and might allow Doug to flip a guy like Edmundson to Ottawa as part of a bigger deal. Bouw, Dunn, Greene, Gunnarsson would be sufficient until Mikkola/Perunovich/Walman develop, or at least until Army can find another guy in UFA or via trade.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I could maybe see Burakovsky, but we have a logjam in the middle 6, and he'd need to take a pay cut.
He has alot of attributes I love but he always leaves you wanting more. Not like we can provide him with better linemates....

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I wouldn't hate trading for Andy Greene from NJD. He's a solid vet, and might allow Doug to flip a guy like Edmundson to Ottawa as part of a bigger deal. Bouw, Dunn, Greene, Gunnarsson would be sufficient until Mikkola/Perunovich/Walman develop, or at least until Army can find another guy in UFA or via trade.
I do believe he has no desire to leave NJ.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Any interest in PoolParty? I'm not expecting a huge renaissance, but i think he could still develop into a high end 3rd liner. With our trade history with EDM im not counting DA out of the bidding. I know i recently brought him up in an offer to ANA but what about Fabbri for him? Both teams take risk, but have upside as well.

Wouldn't mind next years 3rd line being:

Barbashev-Sunny-Poolparty

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Any interest in PoolParty? I'm not expecting a huge renaissance, but i think he could still develop into a high end 3rd liner. With our trade history with EDM im not counting DA out of the bidding. I know i recently brought him up in an offer to ANA but what about Fabbri for him? Both teams take risk, but have upside as well.

Wouldn't mind next years 3rd line being:

Barbashev-Sunny-Poolparty
No, because he's not good and would be stuck on he roster moving forward.

No more reclamation projects from Edm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad